Ross County v Motherwell 18/1/22

santheman

4 minutes ago, mfc said:

We will definitely miss watt there is no two ways about it,I just hope alexander is at it when he says he's not looking to replace him,we can't go the rest of the season with the options that we have,there just isn't enough goals in them.

Agree. Watt added work rate. Creativity. Industry. Experience. Hope GA has experienced pro to fill role rather than younger inexperienced player. Maybe false 9 or 2nd striker type role. If not  then will struggle.

14 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

As he should! That was an abomination of a second half especially with the odds in our favour with them down to ten men. 

A defensive disaster show at one end and a stark reminder to anyone who thinks/pretends to think that losing Watt isn’t a hammer blow at the other. We cannot afford to lose our top/main goalscorer and not at least attempt to replace him.

If we have any serious ambitions to finish top six or better and/or a Scottish Cup run then we will have to invest in another striker before the end of the month.

Although I have to think he was ok with the long balls since it went on the whole game?

1 minute ago, wunderwell said:

Sad to hear. If you look back on my posts i'm not an O'Donnell fan but whilst he wears a well shirt I'll stick to bitchin on this forum and supporting him throughout the games.

Well hopefully cctv can find the clown and ban him.  Sorry it is frustrating for all of us but we never feel.need to throw objects at captain.   Feck Me I suffered watching John Gardiner in goals but never resorted to throwing a pie

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Do we have any subs?! Been crying out for fresh legs in the middle of the park.

why would fresh legs in the middle of the park have helped all they did was hoof it long and miss the midfield all night. Back to same mind numbing shite that we watched up to November with the exception we didnt grind out a result.

The players and the Manager need a good look at themselves after tonite. 

How is it even possible to let the opposition have 2 shots on target and yet lose 3 goals. 

Has forever been our Achilles heel. We need 5-10 shots on target to score. Opposition a couple. 

By all accounts defence was shite. I would like to say surprising but SODs has rarely had a good game. For every game McGinley is half decent the other game he plays like a donkey. 

Hopefully the kick up the arse we needed ahead of Saturday but Morton will be every bit as tough as Ross County. Imrie has them chasing down all over the park. Just the kind of team our players like to face. 

We are still 4th but Europe is a distant dream as Hibs and Aberdeen will go above us soon based on that shitshow tonite. 

Kelly had nothing to do except pick the ball out of the net 3 times. And that despite the fact we were atrocious. First half was just a dreadful game with both sides absolute pish. Unlucky to go in 1 goal down. Get a good equalizer and things looking not so bad but still playing crappy.  They get man sent off. They up their effort, we switch off, totally,  so now we are not even playing bad we are just not playing at all. McGinely does what he famous for and we are 2-1 down. Still heehaw response. We look like the team down to 10 men. Then Mugabi tries to block a cross while yelling “Danger! Will Robinson” and we are now totally fkd at 3-1 so let’s just lethargically see who can kick the ball the furthest while trying not to look overly interested in at least trying to pull a goal back.  While you can’t always play well there’s never an excuse for lack of intensity and effort. Bring on the next game so we can fix the issues and put this one way behind us. 

1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

why would fresh legs in the middle of the park have helped all they did was hoof it long and miss the midfield all night. Back to same mind numbing shite that we watched up to November with the exception we didnt grind out a result.

McGuire was the only who at least tried to control the ball and do something with it. Which is probably why he got hooked. 

14 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I wasn't at the game fortunately and haven't seen any of it but am I correct in thinking that if it wasn't for Nathan McGinley we would have won tonight?

I suspect that as is the norm after a performance like this the team as a whole under performed. Very little mention of midfield but I suspect they also played a part. But of course the likes of McGinley and O’Donnell are always going to be first in the firing line while others won’t get a mention. Did Alexander get the starting line up correct, again maybe a factor.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I wasn't at the game fortunately and haven't seen any of it but am I correct in thinking that if it wasn't for Nathan McGinley we would have won tonight?

Mcginley had a howler for there second goal but the way we seemed intent on shooting ourselves in the foot,if it wasn't him that messed up it was going to be someone else.we should have got a lift after equalising and them going a man down but there was no reaction whatsoever.we should have been patient and tried to work them out of position but all we did was stupid chipped balls forward,van veen is decent when the ball is coming in the box from out wide but he doesn't look the type that wants to battling centre halfs all game with high punts up the park.i said earlier that tonight was the perfect example of how not to play against 10 men,shocking stuff.alexander looked fuming at the end,hopefully there's some words exchanged on the bus on the way down.imrie will have morton fired up there's no doubt about that,if we approach the cup game like we did tonight,we could be in real trouble.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Kelly had nothing to do except pick the ball out of the net 3 times. And that despite the fact we were atrocious. First half was just a dreadful game with both sides absolute pish. Unlucky to go in 1 goal down. Get a good equalizer and things looking not so bad but still playing crappy.  They get man sent off. They up their effort, we switch off, totally,  so now we are not even playing bad we are just not playing at all. McGinely does what he famous for and we are 2-1 down. Still heehaw response. We look like the team down to 10 men. Then Mugabi tries to block a cross while yelling “Danger! Will Robinson” and we are now totally fkd at 3-1 so let’s just lethargically see who can kick the ball the furthest while trying not to look overly interested in at least trying to pull a goal back.  While you can’t always play well there’s never an excuse for lack of intensity and effort. Bring on the next game so we can fix the issues and put this one way behind us. 

You make a lot of good points. Let's not over react guys. Ross c. Fighting for survival. Ww move on!

Lot of hate again for certain individuals but main problems in games like this are no creative players. Either in midfield or wingers. We are a team that plays for percentages getting the ball up the park and hoping our strikers can do something. Some we will win some will be like tonight.  It cant be disputed we had more of ball but never really done much with it. When they went to 10 men it just needed us to be patient and pass it about using our extra man but we never did that and watching it I certainly couldn't tell they had 10 men. Very disappointing but still 4th and hopefully Saturday can cheer us up again but I'll admit I'm feart.

44 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Culpable. How Liam Donnelly escapes criticism is beyond me - worst player on the park tonight. He’s come back a yard slower which compounds the problem. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mintymac said:

McGinley is a liability at left back . Seems he can’t concentrate for 90 minutes . Carroll needs to start on Saturday but long term decent LB required .

Any weaknesses we had tonight or indeed have had for some time go way beyond Nathan McGinley. I believe both full backs have been poor this season but they've been hung out to dry by a narrow midfield. For whatever reason  our midfield line up tonight was well below our best selection. I'm also not convinced of our striking line up tonight.

However I believe in GA and don't think he'll shy away from tough decisions. If we're going to shell long balls up front,  and I've no objections to doing that,then another striker is required.

3 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Culpable. How Liam Donnelly escapes criticism is beyond me - worst player on the park tonight. He’s come back a yard slower which compounds the problem. 

Well a lot of people may not have realized he was actually playing ! I recall seeing him get a head injury but that’s about as much participation as I remember. 

Alexander is quite rightly raging in his post match interview. As angry as I have seen / heard him. Quite right. 

I think he has been very protective of certain players and poor performances and I acknowledge we are still 4th in the table…for now.  But he has every right to tear them a new one. Too many players are believing the hype. Just expecting to turn up and do the bare minimum.

I am not sure why no Shaw nor Tierney. Neither probably up to speed. And Slattery on the bench. WTF. Not saying he is Kante but he has rarely been poorer than Donnelly nor Maguire. 

Early days but that was a huge missed opportunity. Could have stole a bit of a march on Aberdeen and Hibs instead we have stalled. I still think and hope we will finish top 6, but Europe is a bit of a pipe dream based on that shitshow tonite. 

Hopefully gives us a kick up the arse ahead of the cup game but I think we need to see a few changes in team personnel. Very few can lay a claim to be starters after tonite. Ojala injured again possibly / probably. What is the point. As good as he undoubtedly is if he cannot play more than half a dozen games a season he is fuck all use to us or anyone for that matter. If he has Covid I take it back but no sooner does he seem fit he is nowhere to be seen. 

All in all a shite night. Not the first nor the last but sh1te all the same !!!

4 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Alexander is quite rightly raging in his post match interview. As angry as I have seen / heard him. Quite right. 

I think he has been very protective of certain players and poor performances and I acknowledge we are still 4th in the table…for now.  But he has every right to tear them a new one. Too many players are believing the hype. Just expecting to turn up and do the bare minimum.

I am not sure why no Shaw nor Tierney. Neither probably up to speed. And Slattery on the bench. WTF. Not saying he is Kante but he has rarely been poorer than Donnelly nor Maguire. 

Early days but that was a huge missed opportunity. Could have stole a bit of a March on Aberdeen and Hibs instead we have stalled. I still thought no we may finish top 6 but Europe is a bit of a pipe dream based on that shitshow tonite. 

Hopefully gives us a kick up the arse ahead of the cup game but I think we need to see a few changes in team personnel. Very few can lay a claim to be starters after tonite. Ojala injured again possibly / probably. What is the point. As good as he undoubtedly is if he cannot play more than half a dozen games a season he is fuck all use to us or anyone for that matter. If he has Covid I take it back but no sooner does he seem fit he is nowhere to be seen. 

All in all a shite night. Not the first nor the last but sh1te all the same !!!

I would question tonights line up, not sure if Alexander was slightly complacent himself but I took one look and was less than enthusiastic. Not his greatest night either for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Well hopefully cctv can find the clown and ban him.  Sorry it is frustrating for all of us but we never feel.need to throw objects at captain.   Feck Me I suffered watching John Gardiner in goals but never resorted to throwing a pie

He may have liked the pie. Decent at that time

• Haha 1