Ross County v Motherwell 18/1/22

santheman

16 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

We got good manager. Players let us down.

Totally agree but will GA take action and make changes, I have never been convinced by McGinley , not seen any highlights but by all accounts he was poor again tonight, GA has been loyal to him but for me it's time to get Carroll back in.

2 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

I suspect that as is the norm after a performance like this the team as a whole under performed. Very little mention of midfield but I suspect they also played a part. But of course the likes of McGinley and O’Donnell are always going to be first in the firing line while others won’t get a mention. Did Alexander get the starting line up correct, again maybe a factor.

yep they are always in the firing line because invariably they are poor.

They offer very little going forward and are poor defensively...defo problem positions for us

55 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Same here Dave, he is not a happy man is he, big chance to open a bigger gap on Untd and Aberdeen thrown away tonight.

he should know that is Motherwell for you they've  been doing it for the 40 years I've watched them. Any time it looks easier to win we find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot. They struggle with expectation and the minute you think we can do something it invariably blows up in our face

1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

he should know that is Motherwell for you they've  been doing it for the 40 years I've watched them. Any time it looks easier to win we find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot. They struggle with expectation and the minute you think we can do something it invariably blows up in our face

Except when it doesn't... The psychology of playing ten men haunts most teams.

2 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Except when it doesn't... The psychology of playing ten men haunts most teams.

Im struggling to think the last team to get humped 3-1 by 10 men. However im sure someone will rhyme off hundreds. I cant remember the last time we had 10 men and beat a team 3-1.  Struggling to actually think last time we had 10 men and won however again Im sure someone will rhyme of plenty occasions.

7 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

yep they are always in the firing line because invariably they are poor.

They offer very little going forward and are poor defensively...defo problem positions for us

Sorry I don’t think they always are. McGinley for one has had some very good performances this season and that’s why he’s kept Carroll out ( and as many may remember I’m a big fan of Carroll) Yes he’s also had poor games but so has everyone. One thing I’ve always noticed on here is if you’re a product of the youth academy you get a far easier ride. Invariably if we have a poor performance it’s the same names that get mentioned and not the team as a whole. Grimmy was another one slated in the same way as though the performance was his fault alone.

Hopefully Alexander is ok and did not combust overnight, he looked like he needed a par of boxing gloves in the interview. I think I’m struggling to think of a time I’ve ever seen a manager so angry at a press conference other the the Dundee United manager when he punched the reporter.

I actually blame John Beaton for us losing, until the sending off we were in complete control and looked like we could go on to win it!! Joking aside it was a very poor team effort and was difficult to give anyone man of the match as nobody stood out for me, but maybe might be a good result in the long term hopefully not to take Morton lightly now?

Watched the hibs 6-6 game over the holidays, the fight from the players in that game was tremendous, ok hibs defence was rotten, but Motherwell fought for every ball, that’s what we are missing, not one player will go the extra yard and fight to win the game.

Okay a total shit fest after we were up against the 10 world beating players of County, yes in total control  in first half and bossing the game got our equaliser but then it went pear shaped after the sending off.

GA rightly mad after the game but what did he actually do if, as he says he witnessed, as we all saw what was happening, standing off the opponents, not giving a fuck about going in to win the game thinking it was our right for the 3pts, what did he do from the touchline to stop the malaise continuing during the game???

GA is the manager, so why was he not pushing his players from the touchline, buck stops with GA in one of the worst 25minutes under his so far really successful management 

35 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

I think penalty was harsh. Looks like ball played him.

It’s a stonewall penalty with the current ruling. It wasn’t deliberate but his arm was away from his body and it prevented the ball going into the box.

2 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Sorry I don’t think they always are. McGinley for one has had some very good performances this season and that’s why he’s kept Carroll out ( and as many may remember I’m a big fan of Carroll) Yes he’s also had poor games but so has everyone. One thing I’ve always noticed on here is if you’re a product of the youth academy you get a far easier ride. Invariably if we have a poor performance it’s the same names that get mentioned and not the team as a whole. Grimmy was another one slated in the same way as though the performance was his fault alone.

i just think if we are relying on width and crosses from full backs , the two of them won't do long term.

The central defender weren't clever tonight either   , but generally they are decent.