Ross County v Motherwell 18/1/22

santheman

2 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

i just think if we are relying on width and crosses from full backs , the two of them won't do long term.

The central defender weren't clever tonight either   , but generally they are decent. 

couple of times odonnel had chance to get cross in and he tried to beat defender , no chance of doing it...he has been better since he came back but I preferred mugabe at rb.

Thoughts.

Johansen is a bit unfortunate but that's the sort of error you have to make sure you don't make.

Great goal by Roberts.

McGinley is actually shocking for the 2nd goal.  I mean what is he even TRYING to do?

Again Mugabi is a bit unfortunate for the penalty but I think it was one.  Not much he can do other than keep his arm tucked in which is hard when you are trying to defend but the amount of penalties we give away this season and the last few is something we really need to improve on.  It's off the scale compared to most other teams, especially season after season.

Disappointing to lose 3-1 to a team with 10 men but the goals we lost, 2 were kinda freakish and the other was just a bad individual error.

Ross County are a far better team than their league position suggests and they actually score a lot of goals.  Overall since they pumped us at Fir Park and still managed to lose somehow I think you just have to say it's honours even after two.

We are in the strange position though of having only dominated the ball twice all season and both times we got pumped by teams from the lower reaches of the league.  I think that only confirms why Alexander plays a certain way.

A 400 mile round trip ending in disappointment.

Will give the team the benefit of the doubt and put it down to  a bit of ring rustiness but I hope 50 yard diagonal punts to Woolery is not going to be a regular feature.

Apparently 180 seats destroyed by Celtic fans was the reason we weren't in our normal spot behind the goals.

10 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

I thought at the time it was aimed at the linesman - spoke to others there,  it was aimed at those standing at the perimeter wall blocking others view. 

Spot on 

Was sitting in the front row at the time when it whizzed past my left ear.

35 minutes ago, santheman said:

Spot on 

Was sitting in the front row at the time when it whizzed past my left ear.

Absolutely no chance that it was aimed at the guys standing right at the front, or the linesman. Everyone in that section behind those guys was on their feet, the guys at the front weren’t blocking anybody’s view. As soon as it went tits up on the park O’Donnell started getting a world of abuse. We had attacked a few times before the incident and nothing was thrown, but when he was right in front of the fans taking a throw in the full cup of coke got launched right at him.

Throw in the two guys walking up and down the stand offering square goes to anyone having the audacity to ask people not to scream at our captain from 10 yards away that he’s fucking shite and it’s a miserable night for all involved.

13 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Absolutely no chance that it was aimed at the guys standing right at the front, or the linesman. Everyone in that section behind those guys was on their feet, the guys at the front weren’t blocking anybody’s view. As soon as it went tits up on the park O’Donnell started getting a world of abuse. We had attacked a few times before the incident and nothing was thrown, but when he was right in front of the fans taking a throw in the full cup of coke got launched right at him.

Throw in the two guys walking up and down the stand offering square goes to anyone having the audacity to ask people not to scream at our captain from 10 yards away that he’s fucking shite and it’s a miserable night for all involved.

An element of our fans really need to get a grip 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Well your view must have been different from mine but at the end of the day I think we can agree that we have an element in our support we would be better off without especially at away games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Agree but under current ruling I think they class that as making yourself big. I prefer the simple, was it hand to ball or ball to hand? Apparently that’s too complicated. 

All this debate over what position the arm was in,  hand to ball, ball to hand etc is irrelevant nobody ever debates what position the players arms were in if its  a handball outside the 18 yd box, it's simply a free kick.

Mugabi's arm stopped the ball from being crossed in so it's a stonewall penalty every day of the week.

2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

100% agree with this, I love the atmosphere as much as anyone and get we all have different opinions but a small minority of our fans need to get a grip.

The guys were standing at the front after we scored so can't see the sudden need to throw a drink at that point just a coincidence that it nearly hit O'Donnell, I saw the guys looking for a square go and it made me think is it worth it going to away games.

To be clear this is a minority 

7 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Said that at the start of the season time for Donnelly to move on 

I’m still not convinced by Maguire. He failed to make it as a centre half which for me is his natural position. I don't think he’s a midfielder and playing while we have other midfielders not starting.

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Sorry, you’re looking for something that wasn’t there, which only serves to feed the holier than thou on here - reasoning was admitted after the event. 

Few dissenting voices at O’Donnell as there is each week. Felt the fans still gave their backing as they made their way from the pitch which could have been oh so different.

35 minutes ago, 1991 said:

100% agree with this, I love the atmosphere as much as anyone and get we all have different opinions but a small minority of our fans need to get a grip.

The guys were standing at the front after we scored so can't see the sudden need to throw a drink at that point just a coincidence that it nearly hit O'Donnell, I saw the guys looking for a square go and it made me think is it worth it going to away games.

To be clear this is a minority 

So inefficient stewarding?

17 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I’m still not convinced by Maguire. He failed to make it as a centre half which for me is his natural position. I don't think he’s a midfielder and playing while we have other midfielders not starting.

You do know he didn’t come to the club as a centre half? Conversion was by our coaching team at the time…

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

You do know he didn’t come to the club as a centre half? Conversion was by our coaching team at the time…

My personal opinion is he’s a centre half and when playing in the championship when out on loan he looked very promising, he just fell a little short at Premiership level. I don’t believe he’s a natural midfielder but hope to be proven wrong. The club certainly have a high regard of him and have shown that by awarding that new contract.