Scottish Cup - Morton at Fir Park 22 Jan

Welldaft Mk1

Anyone else been able to buy a ticket yet via the season ticket link ?

I have tried a few times yesterday and this morning. No joy getting through to the site.  I assume and hope this is down to volume of people buying tickets since it was confirmed crowds were being allowed back in by then ! 

As to the game.  I was delighted we drew Morton and not Inverness based on respective teams fortunes. But a 5-0 win v Dunfermline and Imrie as Manager gives me a little more trepidation. Anyways looking forward to getting back to Fir Park and a Scottish Cup game.  Hopefully the players and Manager will be right up for this.  Maybe Ross Tierney will get a run out if he is fit enough ?

23 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Anyone else been able to buy a ticket yet via the season ticket link ?

I have tried a few times yesterday and this morning. No joy getting through to the site.  I assume and hope this is down to volume of people buying tickets since it was confirmed crowds were being allowed back in by then ! 

Just bought mine about 15 mins ago went through OK, no issues.

8 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but were you not pontificating no fans at football and stating you were not attending any games as football was not as important as good health. Seams the worm has turned as you're now going to Dingwall and the cup tie. Horrendous!!!!! 

Can we maybe have one match thread without this nonsense?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Robbos boy said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but were you not pontificating no fans at football and stating you were not attending any games as football was not as important as good health. Seams the worm has turned as you're now going to Dingwall and the cup tie. Horrendous!!!!! 

1. Yes when no fans were allowed I did not attend now they are I am going back to Fir Park

2. I know Reading posts might be difficult for you, it's the morton game not Dingwall I bought the ticket for.

3. You really need to change your patter the use of the word "horrendous " is boring now. 

4 . As weeyin says if you have nothing to contribute re the match then please be quiet and let the adults talk.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Its over now lets move on

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stephmc1886 said:

If any of our newer/foreign players aren't sure about who Imrie is, just show them the game when he was picking his nose instead of shaking hands! Vile wee cretin!

He certainly knows how to wind up a lot of the Motherwell fans.. And Peter Hartley...

I'm glad we have a game before this one as we've struggled in the past coming off a break and playing Championship sides who don't take a break.

I think we'll win this one 3 - 1.

Morton have been rotten this season, I know Dunfermline have been similar form to them as well but it was a great result for them beating the Pars 5-0 on Imries debut as manager. 

If it wasn't for the winter break I feel we would have won at a canter as no doubt that break will have stifled our good form. As long as we progress to the next round that's the main thing, I think we will win 2-0, hard fought victory. 

I assume the Well Bois will be dusting down that Dougie Imrie songbook as we speak. 

Ticket purchased for this. Glad we're all getting the chance to go back to see the footy live. Potential banana skin this, as the poster above stated, they got off to a flyer under Dougie Imrie in a season where they have been very poor and the fact they have been playing the last few weeks keeps that match sharpness, I remember us being rotten in a Scottish Cup game against County after the break a few seasons back and hope we don't replicate a performance like that. Tough tie but I think we'll do enough to progress. 

Does anyone know if we're following the FA cup rules in regards to replays? Is it just a one off fixture that goes to ET and pens if necessary?

14 hours ago, wunderwell said:

8-0 Motherwell

We blew them away in a Scottish Cup tie in what must be going on 6 or 7 years now, I think it was 5-0 in the first half going on 10. I was obviously delighted to win that tie but it was annoying we came out for the second half with no real emphasis in getting out of the first gear again, I was convinced we were beating the 8 goals we put past Flamurtari.

As for next weekend, I think we will advance but it will be a tough nut to crack, they had a great result under Imrie and have been playing consistently, hopefully we continue on with the grove we were in. 2-0 with a VV double.

I think like other posters have said it all depends on how we come back after the break, hopefully we will come back positively and blow County away in midweek, if that happens then I’d foresee a good victory against Morton who under fanny Inrie will I’m sure set up to stifle the game n play on the break, I’ll wait til after the county game n give a prediction 

On 1/14/2022 at 1:23 PM, Motherwell Daft said:

I think like other posters have said it all depends on how we come back after the break, hopefully we will come back positively and blow County away in midweek, if that happens then I’d foresee a good victory against Morton who under fanny Inrie will I’m sure set up to stifle the game n play on the break, I’ll wait til after the county game n give a prediction 

Well you have your answer. 

No posts for 2.5 days ?  Must have lost midweek.

Time to start the discussion on how we may well find a way to f*ck this up. 

We need to start as we did v Hearts. On the front foot and closing down opposition ASAP even if they are a league below. Imrie has Morton doing just that and so as Robinson was fond of saying we need to earn the right to win. 

I would make quite a few changes. Carroll and Slattery to name but two. Also if Shaw and Tierney are fit may be time to give them a run out as they will be eager to impress I would hope. I saw Shaw was injured on a Celtic online fanzine. Must have been in training. Hopefully nothing serious as after Wednesday we need to make changes to midfield. Would keep Goss and that is that…

Expecting a tough game and hope the players are too.

I would like to see 2 or 3 changes from midweek but wouldn't be surprised if alexander goes with the same starting 11 to try and let some make amends.imrie hates us and will have his team fired right up,we can't afford to take our eye off the ball here.if we start fast and are up for it then I think we will win by a couple but if this is one of they games that's pure turgid and it's 0-0 deep in the second half,then I'll definitely have the fear.