Scottish Cup - Morton at Fir Park 22 Jan

Welldaft Mk1

2 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Well you have your answer. 

No posts for 2.5 days ?  Must have lost midweek.

Time to start the discussion on how we may well find a way to f*ck this up. 

We need to start as we did v Hearts. On the front foot and closing down opposition ASAP even if they are a league below. Imrie has Morton doing just that and so as Robinson was fond of saying we need to earn the right to win. 

I would make quite a few changes. Carroll and Slattery to name but two. Also if Shaw and Tierney are fit may be time to give them a run out as they will be eager to impress I would hope. I saw Shaw was injured on a Celtic online fanzine. Must have been in training. Hopefully nothing serious as after Wednesday we need to make changes to midfield. Would keep Goss and that is that…

Expecting a tough game and hope the players are too.

Yeah no posts since County shambles been busy at work, yeah we are going to struggle if we come out anywhere near as crap as the second half in Dingwall!

I hope GA Instills in the players that we need to close them down challenge for 2nd n 3rd balls  otherwise arsewipe Imrie will get bragging rights and we need to avoid that! 

1-0 Well for me 

After Tuesday evening's result, there's a good case to be made for making changes to all areas of the team except Goalie. However I trust GA to pick the right team. He sees the players in training and knows them better than we do.  The outstanding issue I have, like many others, is why Slattery has been benched. 

All this said, he might choose the same team in order for them to "put matters right".

Who knows?

18 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

After Tuesday evening's result, there's a good case to be made for making changes to all areas of the team except Goalie. However I trust GA to pick the right team. He sees the players in training and knows them better than we do.  The outstanding issue I have, like many others, is why Slattery has been benched. 

All this said, he might choose the same team in order for them to "put mattesr right".

Who knows?

Slattery for Donnelly surely

Donnelly out. Slattery in.

Shields in for Woolery.

Apart from that, I dont see us changing it up mutch. 

If Ojala was fit, Id be tempted to play him and put Bevis to right back, but I dont see GA doing that.

7 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Donnelly out. Slattery in.

Shields in for Woolery.

Apart from that, I dont see us changing it up mutch. 

If Ojala was fit, Id be tempted to play him and put Bevis to right back, but I dont see GA doing that.

You are probably right but I would also like to see Nathan McGinley on the bench. He was not alone is being poor on Tuesday but arguably he was at fault for the 2nd goal which led to us losing the game. It would be nice if the Manager benched a player for that kind of thing. 

Rumours that Liam Shaw is injured even tho he has only just come on loan from Celtic. Not sure if true but I would have him in for Maguire and Slattery to start also for Donnelly. 

Also be good if we got see Ross Tierney whether to start or from the bench. 

18 hours ago, mfc said:

Imrie does hate us,it's known.

Agreed. He was in my year at school, always an unlikeable wee fud. Motherwell have knocked him back on three occasions that I know of  so he and his family never took kindly to that either.  Can't confirm if he shat his Y fronts at school but his maw is certainly a mattress.

• Like 2

There has been a marked upswing in Morton's results since their managerial change a few weeks back.

A couple of weeks ago I think this would have been an easy win.  Now, we should still be too strong for them but they have a wee bit of confidence and renewed belief so we can't afford to take them lightly.

Need a good, professional performance tomorrow, that should be enough.  Otherwise we might have another 'Airdrie' on our hands.

21 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Kelly

O'Donnell Solholm Mugabi Carroll

Maguire Goss

Roberts Slattery Shields

Van Veen

Bit of bench time for McGinley, Woolery and Donnelly. Would be happy to see Cornelius too.

Happy with that line up.and agree with woolery on  bench ,  has about 1 decent game a month in my opinion but not many other options