Welldaft Mk1

Scottish Cup - Morton at Fir Park 22 Jan

3 hours ago, stephmc1886 said:

Agree, I thought Maguire knocked his pan in covering for the hide and seek champs in midfield!

Like the other poster said, it's funny how people view the game differently. I just felt he slowed the play down far to often, I don't know how often he spun in a circle taking the ball from his right foot onto his left when Woolery and O'Donnell had space to maraude forward. While he did bring out a comfortable save from Hamilton in goal, he tried a long ranger at one point when he had many bodies blocking him and his shot almost put us in a spot of bother, thankfully that Ugwe put in a powderpuff cross. The main thing is we got through to the next stage of the competition, thanks to a bit of quality from our hide and seek champions never the less.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, maz said:

Like the other poster said, it's funny how people view the game differently. I just felt he slowed the play down far to often, I don't know how often he spun in a circle taking the ball from his right foot onto his left when Woolery and O'Donnell had space to maraude forward. While he did bring out a comfortable save from Hamilton in goal, he tried a long ranger at one point when he had many bodies blocking him and his shot almost put us in a spot of bother, thankfully that Ugwe put in a powderpuff cross. The main thing is we got through to the next stage of the competition, thanks to a bit of quality from our hide and seek champions never the less.

He also shat out of a challenge at one point, quite disappointing as you would have thought as previously being a defender he would have fancied a meaty challenge. Not quite Vigurs pirouette but he seemed to be more comfy getting the ball turned  onto his stronger foot and finding McGinley down the left when better options were available.

Maguire is a good example of a player that has come through our system and is still developing as a player.

When people ask about youngsters getting their chance, he is a good example.

He's also a good example of the lack of patience some fans have  with developing younger players, as they are pretty unforgiving about any mistakes.

My preferred midfiled this season has been Slattery, Maguire and Goss as I think that provides the best balance of dig and passing. Tierney and Shaw, of course, might change that for the remainder.

29 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

122 games over 3 seasons not bad for someone who couldn’t get a game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many games did Wark play for us?

How many games did Hammell play for us?

How many Scottish caps did Boyd get?

Nothing against Tate but he is not in their class and you didnt even mention Martin Corrigan. I am also old enough to talk about Davie Whiteford and a few others. I will stop now cos I thought Tate was a good Well player and was a bit hard done by at the end.

2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

It seems the Aberdeen game in the next round will be at 3pm on the Saturday as it hasn't been selected for TV coverage:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/fifth-round-scottish-cup-televised-fixtures-confirmed/

Glad to hear it, hopefully this will ensure a big crowd and a good cup tie.

I thought our game with Aberdeen would have been a shoo-in to be on the BBC, prob hoping to catch a potential upset. Nice to see Premier Sports keeping it fresh with the Old Firm ties. Hopefully we see a bumper crowd for this all things considered.

Premier sports coverage is a farce and sums up they only care about 2 teams (raith and annan) lol.   Should mean huge crowd for our game v dons