Scottish Cup - Morton at Fir Park 22 Jan

Welldaft Mk1

On 1/12/2022 at 10:42 PM, SteelmaninOZ said:

It seems every game gives you the fear :fie:

Just past experiences with us in Cup games. Ross County, Inverness etc.

We need to get this done today.

Anything, ANYTHING less than a win and progression is totally unacceptable. We are a top flight side playing at home against a lower league side, we need to win.

I’not interested in the “romance of the cup” or it being an entertaining spectacle for the neutral fan or a great advert for the Scottish game. The only thing I care about is that we win today and are in the next round.

So get this done Motherwell.

Fuck Morton and fuck the big crane that hangs over their stadium. Get them pumped.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Jake Carroll please please make that position your own today.

Edit - actually just seen McGinley is still starting, so I assume Carroll at centre half. With Ojala on the bench? Very strange.

Second edit - this line up is horrific.

Agreed,strange to either bring carroll in at centre back or shift mcginley in there when ojala is sitting on the bench,I would have rather oconnor came in and played beside sondre than either of the first two.

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

Guessing Carroll is at centre half.

No out and out striker is always a bit of a red flag.

For me, you play Maguire or Donnelly not both.  I'd play Maguire.

I'd have thought McGinlay at Centre Half and Carroll on the left, but time will tell.

Happy to see Shields get a chance, not too worried about the back line. I’m not a fan of the midfield at all though. Is Slattery not fit enough, I also thought Shaw was coming in to actually play games. Surely this is an opportunity for the likes of Shaw and Tierney to get game time ?

54 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Does Alexander just not like cups?

Not by the looks of that line up he doesn’t. It was the same with the Dundee LC tie back in August and look how that one panned out. I am sick to the back teeth of us not taking Cup ties seriously. :nono:

I think we’re beat. :wallbash:

13 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Not by the looks of that line up he doesn’t. It was the same with the Dundee LC tie back in August and look how that one panned out. I am sick to the back teeth of us not taking Cup ties seriously. :nono:

I think we’re beat. :wallbash:

I will go with the manager, and say your talking shite.

• Like 2