Motherwell v Hibs 26/01/2022

SteelmaninOZ

Can't beat a game under the floodlights. Hopefully an exciting encounter like earlier in the season with the scoreline in our favour of course. Alexander doesn't make wholesale changes but I would actually be happy seeing Ojala or Mugabi (assuming he's fit) in for Carroll as McGinley won't be getting dropped. Slattery back in midfield for Maguire, Van Veen back up top instead of Shields and I would have been more than happy to see Tierney come in after his initial impression but still unsure where he would fit apart from changing formation. I actually thought Amaluzor done really well in his 15 minute spell against Morton, I would be happy to give him a chance instead of Woolery but can't see Alexander doing that.

So I'm sure it will be

Kelly

O'Donnell - Solholm - Ojala - McGinley

Slattery - Donnelly - Goss

Woolery - Van Veen - Roberts

Andrew Dallas is the ref for the game.

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

One of our strengths at Easter Road was not allowing their full backs to push up the park and a midfielder keen to go beyond the frontline. Let’s see if his current picks have that discipline.

Don't see Goss dealing well with Cadden, he seems to have come on to a game of late (Cadden that is, from what little I've saw of Hibs) and can see him giving our left side a rough day.

Tierney pulled up after the winner on Saturday, and I'm going to guess it's not cramp. Hope he's ok.

It looks like we're easing some back into the side, and we were protecting others, such as Ojala, on Saturday. We really need Ojala or Bevis back for Weds, as Carroll struggled.

I'd be surprised if KVV doesn't start, unless he's another with fitness doubts.

15 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I would like to see changes but can't see it, usual suspects will start though I would like to see Tierney get a start ahead of woolery or shields

Given we seem to make 4 or5 changes every game, I'm not sure who the usual suspects are other then Kelly.

Hibs have added former Hearts winger Demetri Mitchell to their squad. I can't say I remember much of his spell at Tynecastle other than being a pacy winger. The Hibees looked devoid of creativity versus Cove in the Scottish Cup, we both limped throught without being great. So based on absolutely nothing at all I think we are going to pump them 3-0, Van Veen (x2) and Donnelly with another tae bender, one of those glorious nights under the lights where everything clicks. 

Hopefully we will be at full strength tomorrow. Slattery has had probably his two best games against Hibs so if he's fit start him. McGinley offers so little in attack and is a liability in defence so get him dropped. 

Kelly

SOD Sol Ojala Carroll  

Slattery Maguire Goss 

Woolery KVV Roberts 

We only made 2 changes before we went behind on Saturday which was pretty stupid. GA has five subs tomorrow and he needs to get a positive impact from the bench. 

Regardless who starts tonight can we please do something about the corners.  Having endured the ridiculous short ones we now have odonnell taking outswinging ones. SOD'S deliveries in normal play are poor let alone corners. Knowing GA he will change it to Mcginley taking outswinging ones!!! Lol, COYWWWWWWWW

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

The same 3 in midfield that’s been awful the last 2 games ? Not for me.

Donnelly starting ahead of Slattery is madness. He’ll need to pull another worldy out of the box tonight to justify that decision IMO.