Motherwell v Hibs 26/01/2022

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

in the conditions I don't think it was , anyway don't think we were scoring tonight , so a draw is as good as we were getting

If you’re on a yellow you can’t make a tackle like that. It was a soft yellow but don’t give the ref a call to make. 

That was dire stuff from both sides,we have came back from the break looking really flat,we need to find a spark from somewhere.that was as poor a hibs side as I've seen for a while,there was no urgency even when we went a man down.

Dismal stuff.

Yes we didn’t get beat and if you’re looking for a positive then that’s it. However yet again we looked so flat and devoid of any creative ideas, just as we did on Saturday.

Again I don’t understand the starting line up and player selection, as I said before the game, starting Donnelly ahead of Slattery was madness and so it proved. We need to start playing as though we actually want to win matches, not just scrape bye and avoid losing, otherwise it’s going to be a very long and difficult second half of the season.

The minute I stepped out the door and almost got blown across the road I had an inkling this one might be a 0-0 draw.

Obviously terrible conditions and a terrible game.  We were slightly better than a very poor Hibs team but going down to 10 men meant despite the booing from the crowd we had to make a tactical change.  Unfortunate for Tierney but I can understand the manager's thought process.

Donnelly has no excuse two bookable challenges and to make the second one when he knew he was already booked was frankly. well, dumb as fuck.

Overall a point from the match and 4 points from 9 against Hibs is a reasonable result.  But it won't be remembered for any silky soccer.

One too consign to 'Forget ASAP'.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Overall a point from the match and 4 points from 9 against Hibs is a reasonable result.  But it won't be remembered for any silky soccer.

Isn’t it two points from a possible nine against Hibs this season? Not such a great return really, and this current Hibs side look as bereft of ideas and skill as we do.

Playing the final minutes with ten men might put a gloss on the result, but ultimately it is another poor performance and we need to find something to shake us out of this post break decline.

Take a point especially after going to 10 men, Donnelly an idiot, when on a booking you can't give ref a decision to make.  And felt so sorry for Tierney.  We really need to change the shape,  I hope Slattery and maybe even shaw start on Saturday,  take one of front players out, probably shields.   And he takes a lot of stick but mcginley was solid tonight,  well done Nathan..COYW 

On 1/22/2022 at 1:00 PM, weeyin said:

Based on what I saw from Hibs earlier in the week, Wednesday's game has 0 - 0 written all over it.

(So expect a 7 goal thriller)

Called it 0 - 0 in the other thread (just skip the 7 goal thriller bit) and that was before I knew about the weather.

Wind can just kill a game, so not too disappointed with a point to keep us in 4th spot - especially after we went a man down.