Hearts v Motherwell 29/01/2022

Wishielad

I'd like to see Ojala, O'Connor or Shaw replace Carroll at the back as we'll need more physicality there but that will depend on their level of fitness, as some haven't played for a while.  In midfield, I'd go for Slattery, Goss and either Shaw or Cornelius.  Up front ??????? Van Veen + 2 others.  As always with Hearts a hard physical battle in prospect.

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'd like to see Ojala, O'Connor or Shaw replace Carroll at the back as we'll need more physicality there but that will depend on their level of fitness, as some haven't played for a while.  In midfield, I'd go for Slattery, Goss and either Shaw or Cornelius.  Up front ??????? Van Veen + 2 others.  As always with Hearts a hard physical battle in prospect.

I wonder what O'Connor has to do to get a game.

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Ojala for Carroll,  slattery for donnelly,  Tierney for shields.   Go 4 3 1 2

That's exactly the changes I would like to see,we've looked completely flat since coming back from the break.we need to make some changes for this,play like we have been and this will be a certain defeat.

• Like 1

There's no point in playing three up top when we have no cohesion going forward. I'd drop Shields and obviously Donnelly and bring in Shaw and Slattery. Line up with a lopsided 4-2-3-1 and try to attack down our right. 

Kelly 

SOD Sol Carroll McGinley 

Shaw Maguire 

Roberts Slattery Goss 

KVV 

15 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Like we just drop everybody in on their recovery? No guarantees. Ojala has featured in more matchday squads yet not deemed fit. 

The subs might be needed in the 1st few mins of the game so for me they must all be fit and able to play the full 90 mins otherwise there is no point in having them in the squad.

If we have a fit center half he should be playing and Carroll should be left back or sub. I agree with the idea of dropping to 2 strikers but then on the other hand if we decide we are going to press high then maybe 3 up top is better. Since they are more first line of defence than attackers. That’s why we pay GA the big bucks, to figure it all out.  COYW. Not sure how this will go but we do need to up our performance and energy levels again. 

57 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The subs might be needed in the 1st few mins of the game so for me they must all be fit and able to play the full 90 mins otherwise there is no point in having them in the squad.

In your head maybe. Difference in fitness and match fitness.

Moot point anyway, O’Connor on loan to Queen of the South

13 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Why, as I said earlier if he's on the bench he should be fit to play, and given the news today that he's off on loan to QOS I assume that he is fit to play so not so much of a leap more of a tiny hop.

There are a multitude of reasons why a young guy, making his way back from injury would be fit enough for the bench but not to start...we both know that

2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Looks like the weather could play a major part today too

It’ll certainly make it a bit of a lottery. Incidentally today is exactly 22 years to the day since we had a Scottish Cup tie at Arbroath abandoned at half time due to weather exactly the same as it is today.