St Mirren v Motherwell 01/02/2022

pretzel

Well the games have been coming thick and fast since the return of the winter break. Back in action at Paisley tonight versus St Mirren, thankfully the chrome dome isn't on ref duties tonight to bail them out with a dodgy penalty. I think we'll come away with all three points in a 2-0 win, Van Veen x2.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worry is that, since the break, we have played three league games and only picked up one point and scored one goal. The fixtures in February look pretty daunting so this might be our best chance of picking up a result for a couple of weeks. Not doom and gloom, but perhaps the realisation that we could easily end the month in the middle of a genuine slump.

Having said that, I reckon the.lack of quality spread throughout the league makes it highly unlikely that we go into freefall. We are as likely to beat Hearts as we are to beat Dundee.

We really need to be taking something from this as there's a run of tricky games coming up.we have been miles off it since the break which has resulted in costly mistakes and missed chances,we need to start cutting out both and quick.im usually quite optimistic anytime we play down there but I'm not overly confident.i think it will be 1-0 either way.

2 hours ago, The African said:

The worry is that, since the break, we have played three league games and only picked up one point and scored one goal. The fixtures in February look pretty daunting so this might be our best chance of picking up a result for a couple of weeks. Not doom and gloom, but perhaps the realisation that we could easily end the month in the middle of a genuine slump.

Having said that, I reckon the.lack of quality spread throughout the league makes it highly unlikely that we go into freefall. We are as likely to beat Hearts as we are to beat Dundee.

Good post. If we want to pick up anything tonight we have to make changes in all outfield departments. Depending on fitness, I'd like to see Mugabi come back in with Ojala getting a wee bit of game time. In midfield, Slattery should start along with Goss and Tierney with Shaw & Cornelius getting gametime. Up front - Van Veen plus one other from Shields or Woolery.   4-4-2 formation. Cut out the systemic poor defending and more bite up front please.

3 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

Another 0-0 shitfest.

I wouldn't be surprised tbh, I watched them play Aberdeen the other week and the only shot on target from either team came from St Mirren and ended up being a goal. It's really windy ootside as well, hopefully VV is on form, looking forward to seeing the new forward in action but no doubt he'll be on the bench. Donnelly will be back from suspension, not heard a peep about Maguires injury. Three points would be massive as that would put us ten in front of them.

Strange team selection yet again,on paper it should be fairly solid but it doesn't look like there much intent to go and win the game.if van veen isn't at the races and we don't get support up to him,it's going to make for painful viewing.

• Like 1