St Mirren v Motherwell 01/02/2022

pretzel

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well overall another shit and toothless performance.

However….context is everything with draws. Had that finished 0-0 then it would feel a lot less satisfying than it does given the way we snatched that point and with wee Tierney getting off the mark for us to come to the rescue.

The credit tonight belongs to Ross Tierney :drinks:

We were the better team tonight but that still doesn't mean we were very good.

I'm not really sure what our best shape/formation is and to be honest I don't think GA knows either. We need 3 in midfield, but KVV badly needs somebody up top next to him. The only way we can accommodate both of those is to go 3-5-2, which I think would suit us. The problem is that GA has signed Woolery, Roberts & the new boy Efford, none of which seem to fit into a 3-5-2.

Sunday's line-up could be a real interesting one.

Decent point in the end but it shouldn't hide the fact that was another really poor performance,we look like a team that has ran out of ideas.i get alexander is trying to find a solution with his team selections but the sooner we get a settled team starting games the better.

13 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Life as a well fan is to quote Ronan Keating.....life is a rollercoaster!! Lol     there are still massive issues to be addressed but let's just rejoice we are 4th and all chasing teams gained hee haw.....COYW 

Shut up you absolute dry lunch 

17 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

So  with that defensive line up we still managed to lose the first goal. Overall a decent point but not performance. 

That seems be our objective week in week out - don’t lose goals as opposed to trying to score them ourselves. Like I said, if that is GA’s intention going forward then it’s going to be grim viewing for the remainder of the season.

2 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Haven’t been on here in years.no wonder embarrassing patter from some.if some zoomers want success every weekend go follow Celtic or rangers.

Nobody has actually said that they want/expect success though have they? It’s more a venting of frustration of continued poor and toothless performances every single week that is what has driven the “patter” on this thread tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

That seems be our objective week in week out - don’t lose goals as opposed to trying to score them ourselves. Like I said, if that is GA’s intention going forward then it’s going to be grim viewing for the remainder of the season.

We just don't have the quality to create and finish chances. We spent plenty of time in the final third tonight so intent wasn't a problem just execution. 

Neither fullback offers anything in attack which makes it very difficult with a narrow midfield.

4 minutes ago, wellowell said:

If none of the subs were fir concussion I’m sure they have broke the rules as only allowed to stop game 3 times maximum , so can make double subs same time or half time . Never seen last sub but none of 1st 3 all at different times were due to concussion 

I thought the rules got changed up to 5 at the winter break. Think only Hearts maybe complained. I could be totally wrong tho