St Mirren v Motherwell 01/02/2022

pretzel

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Who rattled your cage? Read my post again.  I said rejoice we are 4th and teams chasing us slipped up . Then I finished with COYW.   At what point does that qualify me as a zoomer.  Ps. COYW

You did with your rollercoaster pish.put that in the bin.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

We just don't have the quality to create and finish chances. We spent plenty of time in the final third tonight so intent wasn't a problem just execution. 

Neither fullback offers anything in attack which makes it very difficult with a narrow midfield.

Our play in the final third is just so slow and it looks as though we have no idea what to do once in that area. We’ve been the same all season with Woolery, Roberts, Shields, even Tony Watt when he was here looking frustrated figures as they have little to no attacking support. We don’t appear to want to set up to be offensive and I don’t really get what GA’s approach actually is. We got away with so much in the first half of the season thanks to Watt getting goals and winning us points but now he’s gone we look absolutely lost.

The transfer window was a disaster for us.

7 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

I thought the rules got changed up to 5 at the winter break. Think only Hearts maybe complained. I could be totally wrong tho

Not sure what happened with that, but we voted against too. However, the report I read said the 5 subs was going ahead.

Club chief executive Alan Burrows said on social media: " 'Well were one of the clubs who did not vote for this change.

"Altering the parameters of subs halfway through a season was something we didn't think was right, but also now having the possibility (albeit I accept very unlikely) of there being fourteen subs in a single match.

"Even 10 in regular circumstances, to us has the potential to diminish the game as a spectacle – almost like a pre-season scenario.

"That said, it's a democracy and totally accept the will of the majority of our fellow Premiership clubs, so will get on with it."

54 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Great finish by the wee wean but it's really a sprinkle of glitter on a complete turd of a performance.

Exactly we were fuckin pish. McGinley has his critics but he did well but was given absolutely no support ion the wide left. we should have had a natural winger in the space McGinley constantly had to operate in. Utter garbage hoof ball all night. Watching GA's teams and tactics is fuckin mind numbing. Wrong team selection. GA coming up at the end giving it the high 5s to the fans after we scrape a 1-1 draw with an utter pish St Mirren team is embarrassing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Got himself out of jail , should have scored in the 1st half, generally piss poor display from him tonight.

Aye, Booo the new young player. Booo. He's not even up to speed yet, and was an enforced sub, but BOOOOOOOO.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Like 1

Just now, weeyin said:

Aye, Booo the new young player. Booo. He's not even up to speed yet, and was an enforced sub, but BOOOOOOOO.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It was an observation , you do know what that is?  you want me to say he played fuckin great. I never said he was a waste of space , I never said he wouldnt be a player for us. I made an observation on his performance tonight.  Its not a difficult concept to grasp.

• Like 1

You can make up to five subs now but you can only use three stoppages in play as was the case before, plus you can take advantage of the half time break. St Mirren made four separate subs which was weird, it would be strange to just give them an extra sub just because. I thought concussion subs were to be used strictly for that reason and they had two should they have needed it.

I never saw what happened to Shaw but it appears he was suffering from blurred vision, I assume he took a head knock.

3 minutes ago, pretzel said:

You can make up to five subs now but you can only use three stoppages in play as was the case before, plus you can take advantage of the half time break. St Mirren made four separate subs which was weird, it would be strange to just give them an extra sub just because. I thought concussion subs were to be used strictly for that reason and they had two should they have needed it.

I never saw what happened to Shaw but it appears he was suffering from blurred vision, I assume he took a head knock.

As I understand it if one team has a concussion sub the other team can make an additional substitution.

Therefore if Shaw went off with a concussion St Mirren would then be able to make an additional substitution out with the three stoppages. 

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

As I understand it if one team has a concussion sub the other team can make an additional substitution.

Therefore if Shaw went off with a concussion St Mirren would then be able to make an additional substitution out with the three stoppages. 

Yeah you're correct, literally just seen Alan Burrows confirm this on twitter. Seems mad that we could potentially have 14 subs in a match now, highly unlikely I know. 

Was surprised with the team selection and an apparent move away from 4-3-3. Thought we started slowly and for the first 20 mins we struggled to get a hold of the ball. However, after that I felt we totally dominated the game. Kelly didnt have a save to make first half.  Second half I thought our work rate and desire was very good. Our press worked very well, and although we didnt make best use of the ball at times, St Mirren kept coughing the ball back up to us because of it. It was utterly gutting to conceed when we did, but just as pleasing to score late on to deny them the 3 points. It was the very least we deserved. GA may not be winning many friends with our style of play. But it is effective and it is getting results.

28 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

So after all the doom and gloom and negatively, we get a point with a last minute goal in a game that we had more possession and more shots on goal. As I mentioned previously, the football might not be good to watch, but go back a year and it was worse. To the poster who said about the Nevilles binning Alexander, remember Gary later stated he had made a mistake. Remember who we are, where we are in the  league, would you rather be in the bottom 2 or top 4 know what I would choose, COYW. 

Exactly.  We were dismal latterly under Robinson.  I've consistently said for a long time that the standard of the league has nosediving and I'm afraid we are where we are in that regard.  Were Hearts, Hibs or St Mirren playing scintillating football over the last couple of weeks?  The standard of player just isn't there across a league where at least half the teams have a lot more money than we do.  The financial situation at the club and across the league is pretty much 'make a purse from a pigs ear'.  Even Rangers and Celtic are grinding out 1-0s.  

And the winter break also has a big effect as it essentially kills the players fitness stone dead right in the middle of the season and has a big influence on the quality of the football even within an already substandard context.  Covid justifies the break this year but under 'normal' circumstances I'm very much against it.  

Also why do some Motherwell fans think we should just turn up at St Mirren and win?  We don't have a right to take a single point against any team.  

8 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Yeah you're correct, literally just seen Alan Burrows confirm this on twitter. Seems mad that we could potentially have 14 subs in a match now, highly unlikely I know. 

As a statto with a spreadsheet I can't express how much I'm against all these additional substitutions.

Back to two on the bench like the old days!

Didn't think we were as bad as being made out. We were the better team for most of the game and their keeper made some good saves. We were undone by a late set piece, but we fought back and got the point and were pushing for the win at the end. As alluded to above, this league is shite and the quality has dropped significantly over the last few years. Our style isn't particularly pleasing on the eyes, but that could be said for every other team in the league.

Tait should have been sent off for that tackle, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets pulled up for it. I wouldn't have blamed Donnelly for sticking one on him after the injury stuff he's had to go through. A little bit of karma that Tait handed us the equalizer with a Zak Jules special.

It's interesting that we're trying out a back three, especially since it will keep the McGinley bitchfest going.

Glad to hear that the crowd stuck behind the team, would have been nice to have been there for the first of many Tierney goals.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Glad to hear that the crowd stuck behind the team, would have been nice to have been there for the first of many Tierney goals.

Looks like his goal celebrations are from the Chris Long school of Face Tripping too, which should wind a few folk up into the bargain.

11 minutes ago, numpty said:

Looks like his goal celebrations are from the Chris Long school of Face Tripping too, which should wind a few folk up into the bargain.

He was too knacked to celebrate. Hes no fit enough yet to play nearly a full game at night , its past his bedtime, usually tucked up in bed by 9.45pm

• Like 1