• Nathan McGinley
    • Callum Slattery
    • Sean Goss
    • Kevin van Veen
    • Ross Tierney
    • Jordan Roberts
    • Kaiyne Woolery

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/06/2022 at 06:00 PM

I thought the 3 centre halves were very good tonight and Bevis certainly caused them problems when he went up top. Kelly had very little to do right up until the end but then pulled off 2 very good saves before they scored. But for me Slattery was our best player by a distance. I wouldnt have taken him off.

Thought the 3 centre halves all played well last night, but had to go for Kelly for 2 great saves towards the end.

Don’t get the nominations for Slattery, played 1 very good pass to put Van Veen through on goal in the 2nd half, apart from that I thought he looked out of sorts and out of position (too far forward).

Although it’s bloody hard to see anything at that far end when your behind the goals!

58 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Thought the 3 centre halves all played well last night, but had to go for Kelly for 2 great saves towards the end.

Don’t get the nominations for Slattery, played 1 very good pass to put Van Veen through on goal in the 2nd half, apart from that I thought he looked out of sorts and out of position (too far forward).

Although it’s bloody hard to see anything at that far end when your behind the goals!

He is always available for the ball and is always looking for an incisive pass, rather than just playing it safe with a sideways or backwards one.  I thought from 20 mins in up until he was taken off, he was the driving force for the team and encouraged others to be more adventurous with the ball. Some of our first time passing in the final 3rd was very good. Although admittedly we are still lumping it to the wide men to get us up the park far too much for my liking, but that seems to be the Alexander way, and on the whole its working for him.

23 hours ago, steelboy said:

McGinley hasn't put a decent cross in for about 17 months and combined with Donnelly to give away the goal.

Slattery had 75% pass completion which was significantly better than anyone else in our team.

it was Donnelly at fault fort the goal and why the fuck does GA not have a winger playing to put in the crosses. McGinley]s an easy target for the Boo boys 

• Like 1

It was O'Donnell's man that scored. You can see a tiny bit of handbags from them just on the left of the screen as the corner comes in. Gogic peels off him while O'Donnell is slow to react.

Donnelly was marking Richard Tait and threw him to the ground.

Player on back post might have stopped the goal. Anyone know if we normally put a player on the post. Can’t say offhand myself.

On 2/3/2022 at 11:29 PM, GazzyB said:

It was O'Donnell's man that scored. You can see a tiny bit of handbags from them just on the left of the screen as the corner comes in. Gogic peels off him while O'Donnell is slow to react.

Donnelly was marking Richard Tait and threw him to the ground.