Club AGM and Annual Accounts

Kmcalpin

The AGM will be held on Monday 21st. Headline information and Jim McMahon's statement is available on the Offcial site https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/02/02/financial-results-for-year-ending-may-2021/

Considering the effects of the Pandemic what an amazing set of financial results. They don't even include all of David Turnbull's transfer fee - only the up front component and some add ons which have already been realised (appearances/goals?). We still have to be prudent though.  Unlike most clubs, we also gave season ticket holders a very good deal when renewing last summer.

We're fortunate to have responsible people running our club. So far, fan ownership has worked a treat. I hope that encourages more folk to join the Society.

Great to see everything's looking healthy on the financial front at the moment. Lack of fans due to Covid last season must have seen a huge sum of cash missed out on ticket sales. It was nice to see stadium improvements with the work continuing as the POD is getting new seats this Summer. I thought our position might have been more precarious as we ended up with a bloated squad last season, however we have paid undisclosed fees for Solholm, Efford, Slattery and Tierney which in normal circumstances we wouldn't likely have been able to do so hopefully those investments pay off.  Massive credit to all at MFC.

Be nice if the training ground / academy facility were to get off the ground. At least then the money would be invested in bricks and mortar, and add as a further attraction in attracting players, not to mention further developing our own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maz said:

Great to see everything's looking healthy on the financial front at the moment. Lack of fans due to Covid last season must have seen a huge sum of cash missed out on ticket sales. It was nice to see stadium improvements with the work continuing as the POD is getting new seats this Summer. I thought our position might have been more precarious as we ended up with a bloated squad last season, however we have paid undisclosed fees for Solholm, Efford, Slattery and Tierney which in normal circumstances we wouldn't likely have been able to do so hopefully those investments pay off.  Massive credit to all at MFC.

the streaming subscription service is making good money for the diddy clubs. Doncaster said it had been vey lucrative. Its the kind of model theyd thought about doing when the TV deal was at risk and the clubs took fright and walked away from it. With a bit of luck its a bit of leverage against the piss poor deals sky have generally offered.

• Like 1

Was reading through the accounts today and was interested in the revenue for our European games.

Income from UEFA was £774,812 for our matches, plus another £210,000 from the UEFA solidarity payments - giving a total of £984,812.

Our expenses for competing in the Europa League (travel & hotel costs) were £115,000.

So our earnings from our short-lived campaign were £869,812.  That's a decent return for the Betfred Cup Group stage alternative.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

Was reading through the accounts today and was interested in the revenue for our European games.

Income from UEFA was £774,812 for our matches, plus another £210,000 from the UEFA solidarity payments - giving a total of £984,812.

Our expenses for competing in the Europa League (travel & hotel costs) were £115,000.

So our earnings from our short-lived campaign were £869,812.  That's a decent return for the Betfred Cup Group stage alternative.

Hopefully that will put to bed the idea that qualifying for Europe doesnt benefit the club.

Much as I have enjoyed the re-introduction of group stages in the League Cup, Im getting a bit fed up seeing us play Annan, Morton, Stranraer and Edinburgh City!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

How does that compare with our earnings due to league position? Cant be much in it surely?

On 2/2/2022 at 4:18 PM, maz said:

Agreed. However I am surprised that the PoD is being renovated as opposed to looking at investing in a replacement. With the wooden decking and the facilities underneath holding the club back I'd be prioritising replacing it with something of similar design to the Cooper stand whcih wouldnt break the bank whilst allowing the club to maximise commercial operations at the stadium.  

That aside we have spoken about the training academy in the past, in fact I'm sure through thr MFC community trust detailed plans were put together a few years ago...

1 hour ago, StirlingDosser said:

Agreed. However I am surprised that the PoD is being renovated as opposed to looking at investing in a replacement. With the wooden decking and the facilities underneath holding the club back I'd be prioritising replacing it with something of similar design to the Cooper stand whcih wouldnt break the bank whilst allowing the club to maximise commercial operations at the stadium.  

At a very rough guess I think we'd be looking at £4-5m. Not sure what the refurbishment will involve - maybe replacing seating and a paint job?