Motherwell v Celtic 06/02/22

SteelmaninOZ

Game over, I’m sure individual Motherwell players will get stick but that’s simply down to the difference in the quality of players. The run for the first goal and the strike for the second were all about what Celtic did right, not what we did wrong. Looking at a possible heavy defeat now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Tactics all wrong 

Na, tactics have nothing to do with this, it’s down to the quality of individual players. The link up play, speed, and quality of the balls in are at a level above anything we can deal with.

4 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Game over, I’m sure individual Motherwell players will get stick but that’s simply down to the difference in the quality of players. The run for the first goal and the strike for the second were all about what Celtic did right, not what we did wrong. Looking at a possible heavy defeat now.

What chance have we got :dash2:

• Like 1

Celtic have a team way above anything in the league. So they should. I would wager that Joe Hart on his own will be on more wages than our starting 11.

That said I am afraid Donnelly has not covered himself in glory. The 1st goal he allows Hatate I think it was to simply run away and he he does nothing. Does not follow him and jogs back to the box. For the 2nd goal he should move closer to Rogic. Yes a great finish but he has done that time and again v Motherwell. I am sure Alexander would have said do not let them shoot from distance or outside box. 

He simply would not be a starter for me but it is clear GA thinks he is worthy of a starting place every game. 

6 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

What chance have we got :dash2:

Very little against a team with that quality when at the top or their game. There is not a team in the league that could have matched that first half performance. That’s as good a half as I’ve seen from an old firm team against us for a while. 

Firstly we must acknowledge that this is, in the main, a case of us being well beaten by a far superior side with players of a level of quality we could only dream of.

However that does not excuse Donnelly yet again switching off at the crucial moment as he did for the first and the clueless set up overall. 

This could be a record defeat here.

• Like 1

We're seeing here why Jake Carroll hasn't been playing left back very much. Woeful.

We've been undone by some good play at times, but that third was a joke.

Cornelius has looked good, and has made some decent forward passes. Other than that there's not much to say.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Celtic are very good and all that but the goals we have given them have been disgraceful.

The time that Rogic had to float into our box and pick his spot for the third is absolutely fucking shambolic. As for Jake Carroll for the first? Jeezo.

Donnelly is pish and offers nothing. Alexander needs to see that and get him out the team.

On 2/4/2022 at 10:22 AM, MJC_mkII said:

Any chance we could forfeit this one?

If Celtic turn up and are on their game they will tear us up for toilet paper and it’ll be anything from 3 to whatever they want - 0.

Even if they aren’t on their game and are below par like they were when we played them at Parkhead then we still won’t have the quality or the bottle to take anything. We won’t lay a glove on them.

0-3

Tom Boyd is a wank.

Throw Tom Boyd out of Fir Park