Motherwell v Celtic 06/02/22

SteelmaninOZ

46 minutes ago, CoF said:

I'm not entirely sure about that. I'm a 37 year old man who doesn't have kids etc to consider so I accept my view is probably slightly skewed here, but I reckon we'd see a much bigger attendance if we were giving them a decent game on a regular basis instead of the almost guaranteed scudding.

I think it is a bit of both.

Admittedly, I go to games in a group with friends and family but when the Old Firm come calling our numbers fall from 9 to 3. I'm a year older than the poster a few posts above, while I would agree that giving them a better game would temp some of my group back most of us are just fed up with the hassle it entails as you can't pass those fuds without incident, even more galling when I stay a stone throw from the stadium but you see your Motherwell born and bred neighbours nip over to the stadium in their green or blue ensembles. 

I love the fact that Burrows gave them a clear explanation not that he needed too mind you of why he isn't bowing to their demands. I'm sure Alan mentioned that fans had complained about them being put in the POD end sections with many stating that's the reason they don't show, he addressed that but it seems to be getting more quiet. It is a much more pleasant experience in the POD tbh but many of their fans still filter through the cracks, whether that's with our fans passing over their ticket card or from being on our ticket database from way back when when checks weren't in place. 

1 hour ago, maz said:

Admittedly, I go to games in a group with friends and family but when the Old Firm come calling our numbers fall from 9 to 3. I'm a year older than the poster a few posts above, while I would agree that giving them a better game would temp some of my group back most of us are just fed up with the hassle it entails as you can't pass those fuds without incident, even more galling when I stay a stone throw from the stadium but you see your Motherwell born and bred neighbours nip over to the stadium in their green or blue ensembles. 

I love the fact that Burrows gave them a clear explanation not that he needed too mind you of why he isn't bowing to their demands. I'm sure Alan mentioned that fans had complained about them being put in the POD end sections with many stating that's the reason they don't show, he addressed that but it seems to be getting more quiet. It is a much more pleasant experience in the POD tbh but many of their fans still filter through the cracks, whether that's with our fans passing over their ticket card or from being on our ticket database from way back when when checks weren't in place. 

They will also get in thru hospitality with various businesses taking boxes or booking corporate packages.

I try to go to every home game but recently I have avoided the visits of The Cheeks. I hate being in the same ground  (and streets) with them and having to put up with their snash but the main reason I suppose is that we seem have given up the ghost before we get on the pitch and I can't take the humiliation at my age: I have memories of much better performances and results.

It seems an age ago that the likes of Higdon and Ojamaa could stick it to them good and proper. 

• Like 1

I think it is a bit of both also

I dont think attendances would go up by too much as there are people genuinely scunnered with both these mobs, and avoid the game when either are in town

At the same time though if we were to give them a game  on a more regular basis similar to the 1990s/2000s instead of some of the drubbings we have seen in recent seasons it might encourage a few more to go back

• Like 1