• Kevin van Veen
    • Sean Goss
    • Ross Tierney
    • Kaiyne Woolery
    • Joe Efford
    • Liam Grimshaw
    • Victor Nirennold

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/2022 at 12:30 AM

Went for Deano, his direct searching pass in the first half into the feet of KVV out of nowhere was a very encouraging sign.

Efford started well but is miles off the pace, and Tierney looked a little more like he believes he belongs here this week. A few gurns at the ref which is good to see.

Went for Cornelius, you wouldn't have thought it was only his third league start while some of his experienced team mates were hiding. Special mention to Kelly as he made numerous cracking saves.

5 hours ago, David said:

Surprised at so little recognition for the effort and performance by McGinley. Thought he looked good out there.

I agree. Especially as he was hung out to dry. Expected to cover all across the back line, even to the extent of right back. And when Celtic were rampaging down the left he received no help whatsoever from Goss, Donnelly and Carroll who spent more time playing hide and seek than tracking back. He did make a few mistakes, but at least he was willing to get involved and never hid. The others mentioned would do well to look at the way the youngsters applied themselves.

What got me was not the defeat, but the manner of it. One poster said the players were no less committed than they were in the previous matches. Not so. Against St Mirren and County all the players put in the effort., even if the end results were poor. Sunday was just depressing.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I agree. Especially as he was hung out to dry. Expected to cover all across the back line, even to the extent of right back. And when Celtic were rampaging down the left he received no help whatsoever from Goss, Donnelly and Carroll who spent more time playing hide and seek than tracking back. He did make a few mistakes, but at least he was willing to get involved and never hid. The others mentioned would do well to look at the way the youngsters applied themselves.

What got me was not the defeat, but the manner of it. One poster said the players were no less committed than they were in the previous matches. Not so. Against St Mirren and County all the players put in the effort., even if the end results were poor. Sunday was just depressing.

Seems to be a recurring theme though TBF I think Goss is carrying an injury, I don't think a midfield 3 of Slattery, McGuire and Cornelius would be any worse.