Dundee United v Motherwell 09/02/2022

SteelmaninOZ

8 games to go to the split.

United A, Aberdeen H, Rangers A, County H, Dundee H, St Johnstone  A, St Mirren H, Livi A.

5 wins from those 8 would be a great return and one that I think would keep us in 4th going in to the split.

We're not in great form but neither are they. I think we'll take something tonight but more likely 1 point than 3. Going to be a tight match and first goal is vital.

1 hour ago, C&A not the shop said:

8 games to go to the split.

United A, Aberdeen H, Rangers A, County H, Dundee H, St Johnstone  A, St Mirren H, Livi A.

5 wins from those 8 would be a great return and one that I think would keep us in 4th going in to the split.

We're not in great form but neither are they. I think we'll take something tonight but more likely 1 point than 3. Going to be a tight match and first goal is vital.

I’ll have some of what your on , I hope your right but have to face facts we really are a bad lot with no quality in a poor team 

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

I’ll have some of what your on , I hope your right but have to face facts we really are a bad lot with no quality in a poor team 

A bad lot with no quality that's got better results than 8 other teams in the league.  

Hibs and Aberdeen have quality but can't get results. The other teams have about the same quality as we do (not a lot) but maybe aren't as stuffy as we are.

Maybe 12 points from the 24 available is a better target, 45 points is usually enough to get you top 6. Which we would all have been happy with at the start of the season.

This game has 0-0 written all over it, and might not be able to watch it at work, so it's probably going to end up an end to end goal fest.

I can't imagine we will start with the same lineup as Sunday, but I don't know the last time we had the same 11 for consecutive games, so nothing new. O'Hara will prob take Grimshaw's place on the bench, and Shaw will most likely come in for Cornelius (which I don't think is fair, but will happen). Lamie is back in training too, so maybe he or Ojala can come in for Carroll.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

We need to pick a team that will work their socks of of 90+ minutes, covering back when they lose the ball and consistently picking their man.

That means no :-

O'Donnell - goes missing with crosses from the left;

Carroll - no idea how and when to defend;

Donnelly - slow, lazy, does not follow his man and generally no footballing brain and we have never won a league match this season when he has been in the starting lineup;

Shaw - thinks he is better than his teammates and lazy (witness his "attempt" to get back as the referee ran past in the Ross County game and Shaw lost the ball in their half)

Team therefore:-

Kelly,

Mugabi, Johanson, Ojala, McGinlay

Cornelius, Maguire, Slattery

Tierney

Van Veen, Shields

Just now, texanwellfan said:

Looks like I’m one of the few (or only one) that likes Amalouzar. Not sure if he’s supposed to be midfield or forward but I’d give him a run at right forward. I think a front 3 of Amaluzar, KVV and Effords is worth a try. 

He has a very unfortunate surname .    Am-a-louzer. 

Not seen enough of him - what I did see thought he was a bit of a headless check, albeit a very fast headless chicken. 
That said Woolery flatters to deceive and no idea why he gets a game. 

13 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Looks like I’m one of the few (or only one) that likes Amalouzar. Not sure if he’s supposed to be midfield or forward but I’d give him a run at right forward. I think a front 3 of Amaluzar, KVV and Effords is worth a try. 

I remember him coming on against, I think it was Celtic at Fir Park the first time, and he made an impact.

He's not had a lot of minutes on the pitch to make much of an impression.

17 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I remember him coming on against, I think it was Celtic at Fir Park the first time, and he made an impact.

He's not had a lot of minutes on the pitch to make much of an impression.

Seems like Woolery has been given a much better chance to prove himself. I think it’s worth giving Justin a few games to see if he can settle in and produce anything better.