Motherwell v Aberdeen 12/02/22

pretzel

8 hours ago, El Grew said:

I was at FP in January 1982 when we played Aberdeen in the 1st round.  We’d a decent side at that time and were looking forward to maybe causing an upset.

There was a big crowd of around 14,000, I think, and we’d only just gotten in for the kick-off.  I think Aberdeen kicked-off and almost immediately John Hewitt scored. We couldn’t believe it.  The official time for the goal was 9.6 seconds and it was, and still is, the fastest ever goal scored in the Scottish Cup.

We regained our composure and had a right good go at them but we just couldn’t get past Leighton, McLeish and Miller that day.

Me and Brian McClair sat an exam that morning,

14 minutes ago, StirlingDosser said:

Sorry if it's been asked but can people in Scotland view it on the club streaming site? Wasn't sure given the rights for Scottish Cup were held by Premier rather than Sky who allow it.

In the UK and Ireland, you can buy a pay-per-view pass for £12. To buy, go to ppv.motherwellfc.co.uk

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

Any team wae Slattery and Goss in it has no chance 

Slattery should start, but needs to play in the middle, but we all know that there is little to no chance of GA dropping Donnelly.

I would like to see van Veen starting up front with Roberts and Woolery/Tierney supporting but you just don’t know how the manager will line up. He needs to treat this as ‘must win’ and go with our best possible eleven, something he didn’t do in the previous round which almost cost us.

20 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Slattery showed his passing ability on Wednesday which was zero . What he is good at is getting booked 

It’s interesting just how low an opinion you have of Slattery. Pretty much the opposite of everyone else.  Before his injury/covid I thought he was one of our most important players, Goss certainly improved game on game before this mini slump. You seem to have a better opinion on McGuire who I think is totally overrated.

• Thanks 1

Donnelly retains his place and O’Hara starts with Slattery benched. Alexander is taking the piss with that, it’s almost like that Only an Excuse sketch from years ago of Alex McLeish picking his Rangers team in the style of a Cup draw, except this is real.

Old man Broon will have a field day in the middle of the park against Donnelly today. :wallbash:

22 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Ok this is what we are up against.

Aberdeen's away record this season.  League first, blank is today's match, then cup.

abe away.JPG

Am I misunderstanding or are you just very confident we're winning 2-1 next week?

Edit: nevermind I think I understand now. Last one is the Raith game?

2 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Am I misunderstanding or are you just very confident we're winning 2-1 next week?

That 2-1 was Raith Rovers in the League Cup.

I wouldn't exactly say I'm very confident but we shouldn't be losing these matches.

We need to step up today and next week and get the season back on track. 

Right, so every time I get angry and gob off about a team selection and make a prediction of doom, I'm 100% wrong, so....

That is an awful team selection and will get us humped......

• Haha 1