Motherwell v Aberdeen 12/02/22

pretzel

43 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

but after 45 mins on his debut,  he wasn't going to do , according to some on here. 

Yep that was funny. Looks like he has gd 1st touch and direct with some gd turns on show yesterday. 

Our midfield yesterday was well on top and certainly played the conditions. Ohara some gd runs and passes donnelly snapping into tackles and goss with again good passing and his corner for goal was excellent. 

Van veen was also great and was my mom.

We can produce performances like this now and again here's hoping they become more frequent and I think a settled team will help but not sure if Alexander likes settled. 

Fan forums are all about debate and opinion and mostly guesswork whereas the manager is making choices on 5 days training and any wee niggles or personal issues etc with his players.

Gave me hope again yesterday after last few weeks. 

Hope it's pishing down next round as we seem to do good in bad weather.

1 minute ago, Well Well said:

Being Aberdeen and basing everything they do on us, it'll probably take 30 mins for a paper to release that they're looking at Alexander.

:lol:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

A thoroughly deserved win today after a shaky opening 10 minutes and a nail biting last 20.  I feared the worst when I saw the midfield line up but they did not too badly over the piece although their defending was a bit lax at times. Thought that Ojala had a shaky opening spell but he grew into the game. Thought that Solholm also had a good game although left a bit exposed at times.  Carroll did ok but was caught out positionally a few times and his passing was a bit wayward, but didn't let us down.  The front 3 line up looks promising and is worth persevering with.  Efford looks promising, and Shields put in a good shift. Van Veen is frustrating though. He could easily have notched another 2 goals.  If the game had finished 4/5-2 neither team could have complained. Overall a real determined team performance today with no failures.  I thought GA's substitutions were a bit risky and negative although agree that some players needed taking off as they were done. In the latter stages we showed Aberdeen a glass jaw and defended a bit too deeply for my liking but we prevailed. Had the Dons equalised we would have been in big trouble.

Referee was a bit overly fussy and allowed some Dons players a bit too much leniency when they hit the deck very easily. I'd also like to see our disallowed goal again. I don't condone what some of our young lads did when throwing missiles onto the pitch and that needs to be nipped in the bud, but I suspect that something sparked it off - maybe Ramsay booting the ball into the middle of them - I don't know. He's also building up a reputation as an olympic class diver.   

Anyway credit to the players and management for a fighting and determined performance and treating today like a real cup tie. This will give the club a much needed boost.

GA must have absolute confidence in his defence. I said during the game that the changes he made would kill us if the game went to extra time because we would be nothing as an attacking force  in extra time. Im not so sure it the best way , it worked yesterday and Im no paid to make the decisions, its his neck on the block if it goes tits up.    

16 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

What sort of comment is that. You go online buy a ticket print it oot or on yir phone. You go to Fir park and buy one. Easy options. Hopefully you were at the game as your big teams game was off, if you were you would have seen AMERICAN JOE, put in a first class performance. 

Quite a lot of the elder generation dont want to or dont have the confidence in technology. As easy as it is, its a generational thing and perfectly understandable.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

What sort of comment is that. You go online buy a ticket print it oot or on yir phone. You go to Fir park and buy one. Easy options. Hopefully you were at the game as your big teams game was off, if you were you would have seen AMERICAN JOE, put in a first class performance. 

You'd be amazed how the the simplest of things can get in the way of people. It's like the number of people that never see the Google search results on page 2 because they won't click the Next Page link.

52 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Not strange GazzyB, here is a guy who is a once in a wee while attender due to his love of his local junior team, whose every post is a total negative against either the club, manager or players. If he only posted a positive note now and again it would be good. He was a pish player right enough ;):D

A fully paid up season ticket holder for the past 17seasons, that's missed 3 home matches this season...cannae argue with the pish player part, but it's been over 2 decades since I kicked a ball, so unsure of the relevance of that. 

4 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

I think it still puts a lot of people off, they don’t want to go early and queue at the ticket office, they want to turn up later and go straight through a turnstile. Might be wrong but in my experience many floaters make last minute decisions on whether to go or not. Personally I would rather they went back to pay at the turnstile because I think it’s costing us.

22 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Now you know that's not true, cause by your own admission you didn't buy one during COVID, so tell the truth sir, I've had good info that you have been watching Juniors rather than the 'Well. You can't be on the committee of your local junior team but abandon them on a Saturday for the Mighty. As I said, all negative comments!!!!.. Nice that you replied though, positive comments from now on only please. 

Ah yes, apologies, I didn't buy one in the covid season...but that apart I have. I've committed to going to Bellshill games for the remainder of the season despite my season ticket at Firry...and thus far it has lead to me missing 3 home matches...not been to any away matches at all this season.

Apart from a wonderful purple patch under Fergie, Aberdeen were really quite an ordinary football club.  Since then, and with no little help from the media, they have become the self-appointed 3rd force in Scottish football and truly believe it’s beneath them to lose to what they see as “diddy” clubs.

I’m old enough to have seen our two Scottish Cup wins up there in 1976 and 1991 and I clearly remember the arrogance and disbelief that they should be losing at home to us and that wasn’t just the fans but management and officials.

Well, its high time they took a large dose of reality, come back down to earth and disabused themselves of such grandiose notions.  Like all the other teams they will need to work hard and earn any success.

• Like 2

Watching highlights (which started well as we had the lovely Amy Irons instead of that walloper Jonathan Sutherland), anyhoo, GA needs to have a quiet word with KVV as these cheap bookings are going to be costly.  Can't understand him yesterday,  just bloody equalised yet he is more interested going to Gallagher.  Screw the nut KVV.  COYW

8 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Watching highlights (which started well as we had the lovely Amy Irons instead of that walloper Jonathan Sutherland), anyhoo, GA needs to have a quiet word with KVV as these cheap bookings are going to be costly.  Can't understand him yesterday,  just bloody equalised yet he is more interested going to Gallagher.  Screw the nut KVV.  COYW

I take your point but you dont know what Gallagher may have been saying to him. He just didnt run up to him for no reason and seeing it was that cunt Gallagher Ill let him off. no one will convince me Gallagher didnt fuck us about 

12 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

All he has to do is run by him close enough to say what he wants and keep going or wait till the game starts again and then give him verbal back. As you say it will cost us at some point 

Feels like we're often the final nail in managers coffins.  In the last few years feels like several gaffers have gone after losing to us. 

Following Aberdeen can't be much fun, every year need to be 4th or 3rd, without any better prospect.   This season they could easily end up top 4 but lack of patience = another manager being booted out.

At least we're more realistic about what we're likely to achieve. 

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Too right

now now 

mr gallacher has had an immense career since he fucked us over 

lost his scotland place   check

hardly gets his place in a shite aberdeen team   check

helped to get his manager sacked    check

and generally just a no liked  fecker by either the aberdeen fans  or us      CHECK

• Haha 2