Motherwell v Aberdeen 12/02/22

pretzel

3 minutes ago, mfc said:

Avoided the old firm and got a home tie is the best possible outcome at this stage of the competition.i haven't been impressed with hibs since maloney has went there,we are in with a good shout of progressing.

Maybe at this stage but I always think you are better off playing the OF in a semi final than the final if you have real aspirations to actually win the trophy.  

8 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Maybe at this stage but I always think you are better off playing the OF in a semi final than the final if you have real aspirations to actually win the trophy.  

I agree with that,anytime we have played the old firm in semi finals,we have always made atleast a game of it and got the odd victory where as the finals we have went down with barely a whimper,that's probably just down to less pressure in a semi than the actual final.

33 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

A decent draw, but Motherwell being Motherwell by the time the game is played we could have a catalogue of injuries and Hibs might regain their form again, but I have said prior to the draw avoid the old firm and get a home draw so got to be positive for a victory.

Jeezo Mr Positive :-)

Hibs might regain form but I would be confident if Maloney was still in charge. His philosophy is total football. We will hopefully bulldozer them like we did Aberdeen in the last round. 

As you say take a home draw v anyone other than the Old Firm at this stage. 

31 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Maybe the Dundee teams will pull off a couple of shock results !! Odds on if they do, we’ll mess it up. 

thats been my biggest bug bear in the cup anytime the OF have been knocked out early we've fucked up against pish. Hearts v Gretna Final we get fucked 3-0 by St Mirren. Hibs V Livingston League Cup Final we get put out by fecking Forfar on penalties. 

35 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

thats been my biggest bug bear in the cup anytime the OF have been knocked out early we've fucked up against pish. Hearts v Gretna Final we get fucked 3-0 by St Mirren. Hibs V Livingston League Cup Final we get put out by fecking Forfar on penalties. 

The winner of the Forfar tie drew Rangers at Ibrox the next round. We wouldn't have won that.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

The winner of the Forfar tie drew Rangers at Ibrox the next round. We wouldn't have won that.

not necessarily unless Forfar or Motherwell would have been allocated the same ball number in the draw , if it was allocated alphabetically or based on seeding we wouldnt have got Rangers. Had it been Alphabetically we would have been away to Dundee Utd . Rangers would have been at home to Hearts, so sad I worked that out. Thats what insomnia does for you

Live on BBC One Scotland too. That is sure to hamper the attendance on the day which is a pity.

Still, hopefully a fine Sunday lunchtime affair with us pumping Hibs out then we can relax and enjoy the Semi Final draw the following evening. :drinks: