Motherwell v Aberdeen 19/02/22

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Will  we beat  them again ?

History suggests no.

In league and cup double headers between the sides in recent memory it’s always been one win each.

20/09/95 - LCQF Motherwell 1-2 Aberdeen

14/10/95 - League - Motherwell 2-1 Aberdeen

30/01/96 - SC3 Motherwell 0-2 Aberdeen

13/02/96 - League - Motherwell 1-0 Aberdeen

11/03/12 - SCQF Motherwell 1-2 Aberdeen

17/03/12 - League - Motherwell 1-0 Aberdeen

11/12/12 - SC4 Motherwell 1-2 Aberdeen

26/12/12 - League - Motherwell 4-1 Aberdeen

21/09/17 - LCQF Motherwell 3-0 Aberdeen

24/09/17 - League - Motherwell 0-1 Aberdeen

03/04/18 - League - Motherwell 0-2 Aberdeen

14/04/18 - SCSF Motherwell 3-0 Aberdeen

12/02/22 - SC5 Motherwell 2-1 Aberdeen

19/02/22 - League - ??

2 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

He wouldn’t last five minutes up there.

Aberdeen Manager's job has to be about the worst job in Scottish football. If you don't bring the 1980s back, you're a failure. They expect and demand something that will never happen again.

I tend to root against teams that unfairly get rid of their managers, and Aberdeen sacking McInnes has to be up there with one of the worst. 8 years inside the top 4, and they’ve completely self exploded since then. Fuck them.

Hopefully there’s no new manager bounce and KVV finds his shooting boots. 3-0 to us. 

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

I tend to root against teams that unfairly get rid of their managers, and Aberdeen sacking McInnes has to be up there with one of the worst. 8 years inside the top 4, and they’ve completely self exploded since then. Fuck them.

Hopefully there’s no new manager bounce and KVV finds his shooting boots. 3-0 to us. 

Will they even have a manager by next week. 

1 hour ago, AllyMax said:

Aberdeen Manager's job has to be about the worst job in Scottish football. If you don't bring the 1980s back, you're a failure. They expect and demand something that will never happen again.

When you think about what they must be paying Brown, Ferguson, Bates and Gallagher they are massively underperforming.

They are always looking to take out of contract players from the likes of us, St Johnstone, Accies, Livi etc but they rarely make many succesful signings who are new to Scottish football which limits them.

• Like 1

When you think about what they must be paying Brown, Ferguson, Bates and Gallagher they are massively underperforming.
They are always looking to take out of contract players from the likes of us, St Johnstone, Accies, Livi etc but they rarely make many succesful signings who are new to Scottish football which limits them.

The amount of money Aberdeen and other non-glasgow "big" clubs shell out to achieve the same results as clubs like us, St. J, and Livi is just crazy. Maybe it's the lack of financial flexibility that prevents us from doing stupid shit like signing Scott Brown.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

The amount of money Aberdeen and other non-glasgow "big" clubs shell out to achieve the same results as clubs like us, St. J, and Livi is just crazy. Maybe it's the lack of financial flexibility that prevents us from doing stupid shit like signing Scott Brown.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

We're not exactly guilt-free when it comes to that. Granted, we've been a bit better in recent years, but Ross McCormack wasn't too long ago. 

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

If you are referring to the Hibs result after they equalised it was never in any doubt but that said I would take Hibs at Fir park in the draw tomorrow,  that or the winners of the Peterhead / Dundee game.

No, it was Glass's sacking I was referring to. We could have done with him sticking around for a week or so. That said, I don't think anyone will give them a quick bounce or lift, more a dead-cat-splat. It's  a real poisoned chalice up there.

It's a wee shame for them, soanitis :).

Two other points which occurred to me to take forward into the next game: The Sheep have managed to find a worse goalkeeper than Joe ("I'm a blancmange at Fir Park)  Lewis and something needs to be done about them stealing about ten yards at every throw-in (or shy as I insist on calling it). Referee Aitken and his linesman let them get  away with murder yesterday.

I don't normally hope a team gets relegated but their supporters are so obnoxious that maybe a spell in the lower league might restore a sense of proportion. I don't think they've ever being relegated, although they were saved by league reconstruction relatively recently. We certainly can't complain about that because we dodged a bullet there a couple of times (not counting Falkirk's ground problems in our The  Untouchables shirt season).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

Two other points which occurred to me to take forward into the next game: The Sheep have managed to find a worse goalkeeper than Joe ("I'm a blancmange at Fir Park)  Lewis

Aberdeen have a mini goalkeeping crisis - which is why they have ended up signing Craig Samson in an emergency coach/backup keeper situation.  So right now, they get to choose Woods or Samson.

4 hours ago, GazzyB said:

They did exactly the same with Jimmy Calderwood. He had them consistently finishing in the top six and challenging for Europe, even achieving some great results in the then UEFA Cup. Yet they hounded him out and replaced him with Mark McGhee who, in his very first press conference with them basically said that getting that job was a second choice to the Celtic job. He then went on to have one of the worst win % of any manager they’d ever had before.

If ever a club and a manager deserved each other it was Aberdeen with McGhee.

• Like 2