Motherwell v Aberdeen 19/02/22

SteelmaninOZ

7 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

I actually thought they played better without those two on the park. So Saturday could be harder than we think.

Agree with that. They were much more direct going forward without Brown in midfield.

2 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Agree with that. They were much more direct going forward without Brown in midfield.

Definitely  agree - I watched the game though and thought both sides for sure were poorer than a normal Motherwell display - to lose we will need to be poor. The fear is taking it to easy and not approaching with intensity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Best approach is to ignore injury rumours and assume,  barring suspensions and long term injuries, they'll field a full strength side.

Apparently they're down to one fit centre back, but I totally agree with what your saying. Going back to when they knocked us out of the cup in 2012 the next week we had to field a defensive pairing of Page and Cummins and beat them easily. If we could replicate last weeks performance I would be confident on taking home the three points, apparently Goodwin is taking charge of the side today opposed to just watching from the stands so it would be a bonus to pile on some early misery for him.

1 hour ago, Kat said:

Apparently they're down to one fit centre back, but I totally agree with what your saying. Going back to when they knocked us out of the cup in 2012 the next week we had to field a defensive pairing of Page and Cummins and beat them easily. If we could replicate last weeks performance I would be confident on taking home the three points, apparently Goodwin is taking charge of the side today opposed to just watching from the stands so it would be a bonus to pile on some early misery for him.

That was a Hammell thunderbolt if I remember correctly? We won 1-0 but were comfortable throughout.

It’ll be a tough one today. Really need a result with a trip to Ibrox next Sunday so hopefully GA doesn’t field a head scratcher of a lineup and we just go for it.

Aberdeen fans ensconced in the top tier today, Craig Broon style tactics. I see we have reinforced the barrier at the away section. 

Great to see we're starting the same 11 today, hopefully they can replicate the performance from last week. 

I've just gone to pay for the game and got this message...

"We have detected that you are located in England, if you are not you may continue providing that your payment card is registered at an address outwith England.

If your payment card is registered to an English address your payment will be declined."

I live in England but my bank is still in Scotland so no issues there, just wondering why a payment card to an English address would be an issue? Is it somehow linked to the 3pm blackout rule?