Motherwell v Aberdeen 19/02/22

SteelmaninOZ

Haye's tackle was an absolute shocker then he rolled about as if he was dying to get to half time without even a talking to from thr ref.  Assistant was right in line and should have flagged it right away.  Surprise surprise miracle in the South stand at half time and Hayes running about like an Olympic sprinter in the second half. Compliance officer should be asked to look into it. 

Yeah agree regarding Hayes tackle, horrible challenge, he also put in a naughty one last week as well in the first half. He done Walsh a peach pretending he was seriously injured and getting the stretcher on only to reappear fine in the second half. Thankfully we won last week but they have enjoyed the rub of the green decision wise in the last week or so against us and St Johnstone. 

What was the deal with Solholm going off ? Was he injured ? (Was driving all day so had the pleasure of trying to keep up  with what was happening on the radio)

We definitely deserved at least a point today and possibly a victory .

They were always going to be trying a wee bit harder due to new manager in and I felt mcrorie made difference for them in midfield.  If brown had been playing I think we'd have run over top of them. Our midfield whilst no superstars look like they enjoy a battle and ohara again was good with some gd runs with and without ball and some balls into some dangerous areas. 

Yes I would have taken van veen off too but he obviously told bench he could play on and luketti said same on radio after match.

Woolery was good when on and I think it was due to him staying wide on touchline where he can isolate full back and take him on rather than being narrow and too many bodies round about him.

Big bevis deficiencies defending full back area we're to blame for goal but that is what will happen I'd imagine as he has not played a lot of games there.

Some saying not a lot of football and unfortunately that is way we play but I felt today as well the pitch was in worst state for a while which can only be expected due to weather recently. It looked very bumpy and grass long down wings. 

Aberdeen didn't look anything special and neither do hibs d utd st mirren or rest challenging for Fourth and if we can keep that team with the same bench reasonably fit then there's no reason why Fourth shouldn't be achieved. Even third as hearts are now mibby having their bad spell but 9 points might be too much.

What was up with sol going off?

His passing was terrible but he was winning all balls near him so I don't know if he was injured. 

55 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Woolery was good when on and I think it was due to him staying wide on touchline where he can isolate full back and take him on rather than being narrow and too many bodies round about him.

I couldn't agree more, when he starts he's always too narrow, and today he got much more joy by hogging the touchline.

His best weapon is his pace, and if he can pick up the ball in space he can utilise that really well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gaz7 said:

Some saying not a lot of football and unfortunately that is way we play but I felt today as well the pitch was in worst state for a while which can only be expected due to weather recently. It looked very bumpy and grass long down wings. 

Absolutely.

It might be mostly covered in grass but it's what you might call topographically interesting!

32 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Absolutely.

It might be mostly covered in grass but it's what you might call topographically interesting!

Haha canny be arsed looking up topographically but a great word . 

Shows how far wev come when we are criticising today's pitch in comparison to late 07/08 or roughly whenever it was. 

Like partick thistle last week that was the definition of coo park.

9 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Considering the rain we have had for the Dundee United, Hibs and Aberdeen games the pitch is in great nick. 

Yeah you can include the St Mirren game as well as that was a late pitch inspection. Funnily enough I'm sure Stephen Glass said pre match last week that his side wouldn't be able to pass the ball on the deck as they would like too due to the pitch and that was before the monsoon hit. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Considering the rain we have had for the Dundee United, Hibs and Aberdeen games the pitch is in great nick. 

Yeah I didn’t think the pitch was in bad nick atall. Especially when you take into account the two storms we’ve had over the past week and last Saturday’s deluge then it was as good a nick as we could have hoped for.

Time was one day of relatively heavy rain was enough to have Fir Park waterlogged and unplayable.

I can only echo what others have said about our pitch,it's in great shape considering the weather we have had,we have gone from having the worst pitch at one point to arguably the best,were definitely lucky to have the current grounds staff.