Rangers v Motherwell 27/02/2022

SteelmaninOZ

13 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I don't think it's quite as stark as that.

After this match we have a great run of fixtures for this stage in the season.Ā  If you'd handpicked the fixtures they couldn't be any better.

Of course we have to get points out of them but they are there to be won.

Yes our fixtures are easier but not easy. We've not been playing especially well i.e. a bit toothless up front and conceding cheap goals at the back. Teams like Dundee, St Johnstone and Livingston have improved too.Ā  We've also found it hard to beat St Mirren in recent times. Yes, these games are there to be won but they'll be far fromĀ  easy. Ā 

On 2/21/2022 at 8:15 PM, AllyMax said:

If we're 1 up with 25 mins to go, I could imagine that being the eleven that finishes the game.

On the downside, all this 'Rangers were denied two penalties' chat will mean they'll probably get at least one against us.

Ā 

If we were 1-0 up with 30 seconds to go we'd still lose 2-0

• Haha 3

Not expecting us to do anything tomorrow,Ā Ā however, this run has to end sometime. Just as we very rarely win 5/6Ā in a row, we very rarely go 5/6Ā in a row without a win.Ā  Id be happy with a decent performance that didnt involve us capitulating. A point would be nice. 3 points is dreamland!

On 2/24/2022 at 7:50 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

I don't think it's quite as stark as that.

After this match we have a great run of fixtures for this stage in the season.Ā  If you'd handpicked the fixtures they couldn't be any better.

Of course we have to get points out of them but they are there to be won.

The fixtures do look promising on paper, the worry is though that weā€™re on a poor run and not playing that well. A four or five goal drubbing tomorrow wouldĀ see confidence take another dip. I think we have a very decent squad but regardless of the fixtures when youā€™ve not won for a while itā€™s never easy getting back on track.

2 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

If we were 1-0 up with 30 seconds to go we'd still lose 2-0

I know I joke but I remember in the 80s we were playing St Mirren at Motherwell we were in our usual relegation struggle. . We were 1 -0 up with 3 minutes to go. St Mirren got Drew Jarvie out his wheelchair and brought him on as a sub , he scored the winner we lost 2-1.Ā  Drew Jarvie was 90 at the time . Its the Motherwell way.Ā 

Anything from Sundays game would be massive for us. Our goal difference is crap so pretty much being level on points with anyone will see us come off worst. Not really expecting anything but hopefully at the very least we put up a confidence building display with a narrow margin of defeat. Still going to be disappointed if we donā€™t at least get a point.Ā 

12 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I know I joke but I remember in the 80s we were playing St Mirren at Motherwell we were in our usual relegation struggle. . We were 1 -0 up with 3 minutes to go. St Mirren got Drew Jarvie out his wheelchair and brought him on as a sub , he scored the winner we lost 2-1.Ā  Drew Jarvie was 90 at the time . Its the Motherwell way.Ā 

Remember that game,Ā  my dad and I left after 85 mins to catch bus home. Got in and saw results....thought my glasses were playing tricks on meĀ 

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Remember that game,Ā  my dad and I left after 85 mins to catch bus home. Got in and saw results....thought my glasses were playing tricks on meĀ 

I do remember my uncle telling me a story about him and another uncle going to Parkhead in 1958 and with Motherwell 3-0 down they left to miss the crowds on the buses. HeĀ  used to always get the Pink Times for the football reports on a Saturday night and said he nearly fainted when he saw Motherwell had got a 3-3 draw.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Given my hundred percent record of being completely wrong with pre match predictions and and critique of team selection, I'm going to go on record as saying that line up and team selection is crap and is going to get us humped.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Not sure about that lineup. The result feels inevitable regardless of who plays though. Hope we can keep it close.

Ā 

also itā€™s not on the telly is it? If not can we get some links posted.Ā 

I've given up guessing on who's likely to line up - wouldn't have come up with this as our starting 11 but at least the we have defenders in their natural position .

Like you say not holding out any expectation irrespective of line up