Rangers v Motherwell 27/02/2022

SteelmaninOZ

3 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Contract offered GA wanted him to stay……..unfortunately The Dee offered a far more lucrative  2 year deal…….same scenario with Rudden

More likely to get regular starts too I would think. At least he was when McPake was in charge

Just now, Mccus28 said:

Its actually quite funny reading pages 3 and 4 on this topic and then getting a draw.

Some folk want to take a look at themselves 

That'll be me then :danced:  Be honest though, we were fucking pathetic first half.  I love being wrong about the outcome though :lol:

3 hours ago, couttsy said:

Game over. How often do we lose 1 against Rangers and another straight after?! Seems to happen ever other game against them. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if we ship another 6 today the way we’re playing. 

LOL

Well, I didn't see that result coming. All credit to the management and players. I didn't like the look of the team before the game but in fairness GA picked the right line up for the day as the result proved. We were obviously set up to counter attack. It didn't look good at 2-0 down but the team showed determination and character to fight back. Impressed with Woolery. Not often do Well teams do that at Ibrox.

We have to keep that going this week though.

2 hours ago, Mccus28 said:

Its actually quite funny reading pages 3 and 4 on this topic and then getting a draw.

Some folk want to take a look at themselves 

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I enjoyed pages 3 & 4 

The comments made at 0-2 and half time were absolutely fair and reasonable going by our first half performance. It looked for all the world like yet another gutless no-show against one of the Old Firm that we’ve seen all to often over the last few years. And it absolutely was in that first half.

The second half was a different story. We actually showed a bit of fight, a bit of aggression and we’re rewarded for it. Woolery’s run and assist for the first goal was testament to that and to then go on and get an equaliser showed a huge amount of character from the team. 

So, if you pardon the cliché, it was a game of two halves.

Carlsberg don't do 2nd half's.......but if they did.   Great performance and I haven't been woolery  fan but he was great 2nd half and lamie must be wondering why the feck he has signed fir Dundee,  can we get him to change his mind. And Kelly has been just awesome for us.......let's build on this result..COYW

3 hours ago, fizoxy said:

I thought Donnelly and Lamie were excellent, it's amazing that we're all sitting here rueing the fact that lamie is leaving

Agree, it's pity he's leaving, since moving from left back to centre-half he's done well. Not questioning Lamie's professionalism though, but with Dundee desperate for points to stay in the top flight it would be a difficult one to play him against them next Saturday at Fir Park.

4 hours ago, JSR said:

Why didn't we give Lamy a contract? Much better than either of the chuckle  brothers at centre half,

We offered him a new deal but Dundee blew us out of the water with their offer. If they have that kind of cash to throw about then that's up to them. Dundee never seem to learn lessons.

I missed our first goal at the time but having just seen it there,that was top drawer wing play by woolery,he should be doing that more often getting the ball out his feet and knocking by the defender and using his pace as there's no left backs in the league that will keep up with him.he should be full of confidence going into our next game.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

We offered him a new deal but Dundee blew us out of the water with their offer. If they have that kind of cash to throw about then that's up to them. Dundee never seem to learn lessons.

Apparently £70’000 ish over a 2 year deal……..no brainier for Lamie at his stage of his career 

23 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Not a lot,  he is culpable yet again, but will let him off as we drew 

To be fair, apart from Kelly, the entire team was culpable the first half. We stood off them far too much and let them do what they wanted.

Second half was the opposite, where we started to impose ourselves a bit more and press in better areas.