2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

10 minutes ago, I'll*no*be*back said:

its kinda hard to judge our midfield we bypass them in every game

Yep I agree as its certainly been happening all season but cmon that can't all be Alexander's fault. Not one of them that I have saw all year really wants the ball ,other than slattery and he's been hunted for whatever reason. 

It's OK saying ohara loss isn't going to hurt us much but who are we bringing in?

He done well in 2 aberdeen games winning balls and also he had some gd runs with the ball which I've notcseen any of our other midfield do.

His signings so far aren't giving me huge hope now and there doesn't seem to be any youth coming through which is another issue in itself.

The whole signing a pca before we play them is also an error on someones part (who I don't know) at the club.

A lot of negativity lately and it's not good.

49 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

So, who do we have left that's out of contract?

Grimshaw, Donnelly, Roberts, Amaluzor...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

As much as everyone loves Grimmy’s energy around the place. I think it’s time to move him & Donnelly on. 
I’d personally like to see us keep Roberts & Justin for next years campaign. 

• Like 1

I’m disappointed in terms of our signing and resigning of players  .

in the last 12 months 

weve lost Campbell , Watt , Lamie and now Ohara - appreciate Campbell moved on to better things but the others we could have retained if things were different .

we resigned S’Od - one of the few positives .

but resigning Mcginely , Carrol amongst others makes no sense to me .

fairly sure we’ll lose salttery as he needs to be playing or he’ll find another club . 

50 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

I’m intrigued to find out what others base this on? And if I hear his ‘box to box’ credentials I may scream. 

I'm with you on this OTF and suspect it's because he runs about a lot and looks energetic.

Yep I agree as its certainly been happening all season but cmon that can't all be Alexander's fault. Not one of them that I have saw all year really wants the ball ,other than slattery and he's been hunted for whatever reason. 
It's OK saying ohara loss isn't going to hurt us much but who are we bringing in?
He done well in 2 aberdeen games winning balls and also he had some gd runs with the ball which I've notcseen any of our other midfield do.
His signings so far aren't giving me huge hope now and there doesn't seem to be any youth coming through which is another issue in itself.
The whole signing a pca before we play them is also an error on someones part (who I don't know) at the club.
A lot of negativity lately and it's not good.

How are the club, or someone in it at fault FFS . The player is open at anytime in the last 6 months of his contract to sign a PCA. The club has no control over when that might be or who announces it - geez. There’s a lot wrong at the moment, but being critical of something out with the clubs control is just crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I’m disappointed in terms of our signing and resigning of players  .
in the last 12 months 
weve lost Campbell , Watt , Lamie and now Ohara - appreciate Campbell moved on to better things but the others we could have retained if things were different .
we resigned S’Od - one of the few positives .
but resigning Mcginely , Carrol amongst others makes no sense to me .
fairly sure we’ll lose salttery as he needs to be playing or he’ll find another club . 

We couldn’t retain Lamie if he didn’t want to accept our contract offer. Dundee blew us out the water with their offer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

How are the club, or someone in it at fault FFS emoji2357.png. The player is open at anytime in the last 6 months of his contract to sign a PCA. The club has no control over when that might be or who announces it - geez. There’s a lot wrong at the moment, but being critical of something out with the clubs control is just crazy.

Haha calm down. We play them in less than 2 weeks and things get kept in house all the time. This is something I'm sure could have been managed better. 

Not out of clubs control to keep it in house at all and likely reason why ohara been back out team recently. 

45 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Haha calm down. We play them in less than 2 weeks and things get kept in house all the time. This is something I'm sure could have been managed better. 

Not out of clubs control to keep it in house at all and likely reason why ohara been back out team recently. 

no harm to the boy , but he is an ok player and seems to miss a lot through injury, thats not his fault,  but its not a world beater we are losing. 

1 hour ago, gaz7 said:

The Watt situation again. St Mirren probably leaked the story to a compliant media. Oh  I've just discovered that we play Saints next week and they are close rivals. What a coincidence. 

Seriously, how can we control what St Mirren say to the press?

47 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

no harm to the boy , but he is an ok player and seems to miss a lot through injury, thats not his fault,  but its not a world beater we are losing. 

Yes and I agree with you. None of our midfield would be a great loss. Its just strange that he's signed a pca now. If it was Jan when window was open then i understand it but I can't remember it happening before in nearly April. Happy to be corrected on that if its a common occurrence but as I say can't remember it.

I thought he was ok without ever standing out, St Mirren seem to like our fringe players and that’s being upped with Robinson taking over. Would I want OHara, Tait, Dunn, and Main as four of our starting 11, not really. Signing players from a rival that are not quite good enough is not going to end that well, especially if it’s half your team at some point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Yes and I agree with you. None of our midfield would be a great loss. Its just strange that he's signed a pca now. If it was Jan when window was open then i understand it but I can't remember it happening before in nearly April. Happy to be corrected on that if its a common occurrence but as I say can't remember it.

Aye it's quite an odd time to be signing a pre contract,I wouldn't be surprised he's took the first opportunity to get out the mess were in with alexander.in all honesty it can't be a great prospect right now for any of our players playing under alexander.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

The Watt situation again. St Mirren probably leaked the story to a compliant media. Oh  I've just discovered that we play Saints next week and they are close rivals. What a coincidence. 

Seriously, how can we control what St Mirren say to the press?

Yes but watt was during window so understandable. In nearly April it just doesn't seem right. 

I'd imagine burrows has good working relationships with most clubs and going by his twitter he does so could the 2 of them not have handled this better?

Is it ohara putting 2 fingers up to Alexander?  

I don't think it looks good on us the now and judging by other social media I am not alone.

BS - of course it’s not within the clubs control. You want me to calm down LOL. Im not the one wanting someone in the club - but you don’t quite know who - to get blame for it. Aye right good one.

15 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I thought he was ok without ever standing out, St Mirren seem to like our fringe players and that’s being upped with Robinson taking over. Would I want OHara, Tait, Dunn, and Main as four of our starting 11, not really. Signing players from a rival that are not quite good enough is not going to end that well, especially if it’s half your team at some point.

Dunnes pish despite his cult hero status among some Motherwell fans. His defensive display against Hearts was shocking. His distribution is still honking. Long ball to no one - christ he might get a game for us after all -  Main is a complete Donkey. Tait was a good player and  but he was struggling to get a game for us. However you just know they will haunt us in our next game.

3 minutes ago, I'll*no*be*back said:

Dunnes pish despite his cult hero status among some Motherwell fans. His defensive display against Hearts was shocking. His distribution is still honking. Long ball to no one - christ he might get a game for us after all -  Main is a complete Donkey. Tait was a good player and  but he was struggling to get a game for us. However you just know they will haunt us in our next game.

Dunne had pace and that was all.  I liked Tait and even though was right back would still have him at left back ahead of our 2 current ones. 

6 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

BS - of course it’s not within the clubs control. You want me to calm down LOL. Im not the one wanting someone in the club - but you don’t quite know who - to get blame for it. Aye right good one.

Not in me to look for people to blame. I'm maybe in happy clapper camp if anything. 

If you think it's normal to sign a pca in nearly April with a rival then you are maybe in the know more than me.

That is my point with error made.

As I said earlier I can't remember it happening before .

We could all of course be reading far too much into O'Hara's departure. Had we been comfortably sitting fourth and playing well I don't suspect there would have been much reaction to him leaving. However we are honking and in freefall and with the possibility of ending up in a play off scrap everything gets amplified. That said who is to say there isnt something rotten at the core. If there is you'd expect Burrows and the board to act on it.

https://twitter.com/Alan_Burrows/status/1505966961196417024?s=20&t=ZlMzX9DDj64Qfg1_ZO4CXw

Edited by I'll*no*be*back

1 hour ago, gaz7 said:

Not in me to look for people to blame. I'm maybe in happy clapper camp if anything. 

If you think it's normal to sign a pca in nearly April with a rival then you are maybe in the know more than me.

That is my point with error made.

As I said earlier I can't remember it happening before .

Gallagher's pre contract with us was announced on 11th April, and his deal with Aberdeen was announced on 6th May.

O'Hara isn't the worst player at the club  and I might have been inclined to keep him but I'm not going to throw myself into the smoking crater of Mount Vesuvius if he leaves.

Even if he was the best player in the world he misses about half the season most of the time.  35 starts in 69 matches over the last two seasons doesn't scream 'absolutely essential'.

Whilst you never know what goes on behind the scenes with contract offers etc, the O'Hara situation is one where a possible fifty fifty decision on a new deal is taken out of our hands. His departure will at least free up a wage and rumour has it that he was on a decent amount by our standards. He hasn't been bad for us, when available, but like a few others on here, I cannot get too excited by his departure. As for playing him in any remaining fixtures, we are paying him so, if it is to our advantage, why not? Lanier has been playing okay and he is also on a pre contract elsewhere.

• David locked this topic