2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

I fail to see what all the uproar over Ohara signing  a pca with St Mirren is about, the season is  nearly done, he has never been a regular starter and is out of contract in May,He's clearly been offered a better deal in Paisley so good luck to him with the Motherwell rejects team.

O'Hara did an interview recently saying he hadn't been offered a new contract from us yet,so he's done the right thing and took the contract on offer at st mirren.hes only a decent player at this level and giving that he seems to be a bit injury prone and meant to be one of our higher earners then it's best we didn't keep him.lets hope robinson signs donnolly before he gets the chance to stay on.

As Hamlet said “Something is rotten in the state of Denmark”.

I fear bad times may lie ahead similar to those which occurred in 2006/07 under Malpas.

Having only won 1 of our previous 10 games, we got humped 4-1 away by bottom of the table Dunfermline.

The following week we had St. Mirren at home and contrived to toss away a 2-goal lead to lose 3-2. Fortunately, ICT beat Dunfermline to send them down. But it was a close run thing.

46 minutes ago, mfc said:

O'Hara did an interview recently saying he hadn't been offered a new contract from us yet,so he's done the right thing and took the contract on offer at st mirren.hes only a decent player at this level and giving that he seems to be a bit injury prone and meant to be one of our higher earners then it's best we didn't keep him.lets hope robinson signs donnolly before he gets the chance to stay on.

I don't mind Donnelly but if Robbo wants to bid for McGinlay, Carroll, O'Donnell  we won't be hard to deal with, I will give Shields a chance until he is played in proper position and gets a season of full time under his belt.

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Like others, O'Hara leaving isn't the issue I don't think. 

I am going full tin foil hat mode. The players don't like the boss.

Mugabi and SOD must like him. Maybe just maybe we are happy to let OHara and Lammie go.  Lammie I have reservations about because I think hes better than Johansen and OJala.

Re the downturn in our fortunes since Tony Watt left. Is it purely a case of him deciding to leave for more money, or was there a fall out with Alexander (or one of his team) or Burrows involved? Because the whole feeling coming from the place has changed since then.

1 hour ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I don't mind Donnelly but if Robbo wants to bid for McGinlay, Carroll, O'Donnell  we won't be hard to deal with, I will give Shields a chance until he is played in proper position and gets a season of full time under his belt.

Now your talking,if robinson would take any of our left backs off our hands,I will be forever grateful,there both dreadful.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I wouldn't be so sure about who likes him.

Well if our fans assume people who leave are doing so because they don't like GA we must surely apply the assumption that those who re-sign must like him ... that is how ridiculous this entire narrative is.

Tait ---- wasnt getting 1st team football with us  and tried to play a fast one on the club when Covid struck so they rightly let him piss off. 

Dunne -----  was asked to go to the summer training camp with the offer of a one year extension . St Mirren gave him a two year deal so he took that and considering his injuries with us hardly surprising we didnt take a longer punt on him and having watched him for St Mirren we didnt lose much.

O'Hara ----- By all accounts one of the highest wage earners , on the field was too inconsistent and spent as much time side lined than he did playing, the club / manager might just consider his higher wage could bring a better return in the summer. 

Watt ---- I do think there may have been issues between him and GA but who knows.   

Because of the shocking efforts on the park this season every scenario is amplified to crisis level.  If GA resigned tomorrow Id be delighted. The only other time I was as disillusioned with the on field efforts was under Harri Kampman. However for our fans to suggest GA has lost the dressing room has actually no basis of fact.

Win the next two games (which we wont a point at best) most of this will die down. Lose our next two which is more possible than winning the two GA is in real bother as we certainly could end up in the play off dogfight.

Edited by I'll*no*be*back
  • Like 2

Disappointed about Mark, he could play at centre half, sit in front of the back 4 and was good coming forward.  Don't blame the guy, the horses arse of a manager wouldn't know a midfielder if he tripped over one...he picks that hammer thrower Donnelly every week.  

I don’t know how they get their info or how accurate it is but this website carries details of players’ wages at a number of SPFL clubs including ours.

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/motherwell/

Our highest earner is reported as being Liam Kelly with £4K per week and our total wage bill as £39,910 per week.

7 minutes ago, El Grew said:

I don’t know how they get their info or how accurate it is but this website carries details of players’ wages at a number of SPFL clubs including ours.

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/motherwell/

Our highest earner is reported as being Liam Kelly with £4K per week and our total wage bill as £39,910 per week.

And look at what Watt was on compared to Kelly.

if true £2100 a week for Roberts is a wasted wage and so much for us paying the second lowest wages in the league. Always thought that was nonsence. Would have thought Chris Cadden would be on higher with Hibs. I also suspect Liam Kelly's figure includes our loan part of his wage, the balance being paid by his owning club at the time.

Edited by I'll*no*be*back

Take a moment, engage your brain, how would a random website have any idea the exact amount we are paying each individual player?

Darragh O'Connor being on 2.4k a week tells you that they are indeed talking mince.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Take a moment, engage your brain, how would a random website have any idea the exact amount we are paying each individual player?

Darragh O'Connor being on 2.4k a week tells you that they are indeed talking mince.

if true and like all things on social media must be taken with a pinch of salt they will be 2020/21 wages and Darragh wasnt with us then.  You'd be surprised how easy some of HMRCs data finds its way into the public domain.

If the wages posted on that site we're true (most probably not) you'd need to compare them to those of similar players at other clubs to get an idea of what is ridiculous or what is just market rate.

2k per week may seem excessive, but if that's what every mid table jobber is getting paid, then it's just the market.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I said on another post regardless of whether the salaries are correct or not, only Kelly and maybe Van Veen are worth it. Kelly for winning us points with his saves and Van Veen with his goals. The rest  could take a long walk of a short plank as far as I am concerned with GA leading them.

O'Hara is keen to play for Robinson again. With Alexander's tactics he might as well sell every midfield player we have. Alexander since the turn of the year is the worst performing manager and we are the worst performing team. Only 5pts won. Dundee have won 7pts in that period.  We are no better a team than them.  Last 2 games against the bottom two teams we managed 1pt.  Yet it appears Alexander is under no pressure. Even if we did get relegated he will still be there unless he decides to leave. Why, because the club decided  to give him a 3 year contract. The person who agreed to that should be getting asked questions as to why they didn't wait until the end of this season to review Alexander's performance and then negotiate with him or show him the door. 

25 minutes ago, ppower said:

I said on another post regardless of whether the salaries are correct or not, only Kelly and maybe Van Veen are worth it. Kelly for winning us points with his saves and Van Veen with his goals. The rest  could take a long walk of a short plank as far as I am concerned with GA leading them.

O'Hara is keen to play for Robinson again. With Alexander's tactics he might as well sell every midfield player we have. Alexander since the turn of the year is the worst performing manager and we are the worst performing team. Only 5pts won. Dundee have won 7pts in that period.  We are no better a team than them.  Last 2 games against the bottom two teams we managed 1pt.  Yet it appears Alexander is under no pressure. Even if we did get relegated he will still be there unless he decides to leave. Why, because the club decided  to give him a 3 year contract. The person who agreed to that should be getting asked questions as to why they didn't wait until the end of this season to review Alexander's performance and then negotiate with him or show him the door. 

Getting rid of Alexander would be no huge cost financially. We may need to reduce the size of the squad by a couple of players but it certainly wouldnt be a stumbling block should we need to.

Think a PCA can be signed any time in the last 6 months of a player's contract and has nothing to do with the transfer window as they don't actually do the official signing after the window opens again. I could be wrong, obviously.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• David locked this topic