2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

2 hours ago, Kmac said:

Yesterday definitely alleviated some fears but it’s quite clear that we need some quality additions (and hopefully some going out).

5 additions needed IMO

first choice left back 

first choice Centre half 

first choice striker 

first choice winger

squad player central midfielder 

If we can move on ojala, Mcginley, efford and one-legged Morris that would be great thanks

Pretty accurate for me other than not needing another midfield squad player, I would rather give youth a chance.  This is not the worst squad of players on the whole, I actually think Alexander signed better players than Robinson did in his last season. Tierney, Slattery,Goss, Kelly,Van Veen,  McGinn, O’Donnell are all of the standard needed  One or two of the others also showed what they can offer under Hammel, I don’t see any reason why they can improve over time. Add in three or four targeted additions and we will be mid table or better yet again. We won’t be down the bottom.

3 hours ago, Kmac said:

Yesterday definitely alleviated some fears but it’s quite clear that we need some quality additions (and hopefully some going out).

5 additions needed IMO

first choice left back 

first choice Centre half 

first choice striker 

first choice winger

squad player central midfielder 

If we can move on ojala, Mcginley, efford and one-legged Morris that would be great thanks

Spot on. 

Ideally 2 centre halves and have Lamie as a back up.  
Agree re midfield - a very good holding midfield player would make a big difference to the current squad. 

I don't know enough about our current crop of youngsters to know how many of those gaps could be filled. 

As much as we need to bring in I think we need to try and move quite a few on.  Efford/Shields for example. 

4 hours ago, Kmac said:

5 additions needed IMO - We may only have the budget for 3 quality additions.

first choice left back - If we need to use cash elsewhere, let's stick with SOD

first choice Centre half - Should be the priority and will play beside Lamie; Sol and Mugabi are not good enough

first choice striker - Should be the next priority

first choice winger - Wouldn't it be nice

squad player central midfielder - Blood youth on the bench instead

If we can move on ojala, Mcginley, efford and one-legged Morris that would be great thanks - These four, at least

I've added my tuppence-worth in bold above.

In an ideal world my priority would be:

1. Left Back - don't like having right footed players in that position and we have zero cover

2. A number 9 for KVV backup

3. A central defender

and in the fantasy world where we get 4 signings, a winger would be nice.

If I had to choose between a winger and a CB, I'd go with the former. We desperately need pace. Sheilds and efford have a fair bit of pace and power, but having someone who can really threaten on the break would make a huge difference.

We may just have to see if we can build a partnership out of the center backs we have. All off them have had good spells and shown glimpses of being good, but are too prone to mistakes. Having a functional midfield will be huge for them, as this should hopefully give them more options to get rid of the ball.

O'Donnell was fine at left back, but with the other two injured for a while, we still need someone there. We're hosed if we ever need to rely on Lamie there.

15 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Is that based on anything, or just wishful thinking?! Either way, I’d assume that the relationship with Hammell would make it more of a possibility 

Hartlepool trying to get him on loan and Leeds seem to think loan deal would benefit him 

SPFL or League 2 … … we should definitely be making enquiries 

10 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Am I missing something here ?

The difference between the SPFL - which is the league containing the Premiership, Championship, League One and League Two - and the Premiership, which is the top division.

So Dundee are still playing in the SPFL.

The confusion is because the old top division used to be the SPL which was separate from the lower leagues.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

The difference between the SPFL - which is the league containing the Premiership, Championship, League One and League Two - and the Premiership, which is the top division.

So Dundee are still playing in the SPFL.

The confusion is because the old top division used to be the SPL which was separate from the lower leagues.

Ah fair enough

Without even taking into account the health issues, he barely played last year, then didn't have a pre season, and he says himself that he needs six games to get up to speed. He's probably a luxury player when fully fit, so carrying him in the first team until he is fit seems like a big risk

Someone may benefit from signing him, but I'd be surprised if it was us since we're trying to address immediate issues.

Absolutely brilliant. He was one of these youngsters I’d have loved to see play in our first team but Leeds plucked him out before that could happen. 
Leeds fans were full of praise for his performances last year but just needs more games.
Another lad who’s a Motherwell fan and family are all supporters. Really looking forward to see him play.

1 hour ago, mio said:

Absolutely brilliant. He was one of these youngsters I’d have loved to see play in our first team but Leeds plucked him out before that could happen. 
Leeds fans were full of praise for his performances last year but just needs more games.
Another lad who’s a Motherwell fan and family are all supporters. Really looking forward to see him play.

Has he officially signed?

• David locked this topic