2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

Mcfadden talking scottish football on skysports there and 1st team walking out going to training. Mckinstry walked out in full training gear next to cornelius and devine I think it was.

Excited to see this boy I have family who are leeds fans and go to their u23 games and say he is one of best on park regularly. 

Plays mostly of left but played all across their midfied with gd feet and not scared to dribble or shoot.

• Like 1

I know it’s been suggested previously and criticised but I do think it could be worth taking Scott Allen onboard.  I know he has had issues which are well-documented but he is 30 now and seems to have wised-up and he is quite a classy player on his day. We could offer him an initial 1-year deal with caveats built-in to protect the club with the possibility of an additional 1-year if things go well.

• Like 1

It didn't seem to be that bad before, either it's a symptom of long COVID, or maybe my old Twitter account had the right level of mute/block-age.
Its a symptom of ever-increasing senses of entitlement, driven by Twitter where people think that just because they have an opinion it is in some way pertinent vs actual facts/figures.
...Anyway

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Alexander sings a journeyman left-sided midfielder in Morris, and Hammy signs a proper young winger in McKinstry. You do the math. 

I'm genuinely excited about the Hammy era. 

me too, someone who understands the club and the need to entertain whilst bringing through youngsters. 

Will also be more tolerant of poor spells, just because he's a Motherwell man. 

Really good signing and one we will have secured purely based on Hammy's relationship.    

2 hours ago, El Grew said:

I know it’s been suggested previously and criticised but I do think it could be worth taking Scott Allen onboard.  I know he has had issues which are well-documented but he is 30 now and seems to have wised-up and he is quite a classy player on his day. We could offer him an initial 1-year deal with caveats built-in to protect the club with the possibility of an additional 1-year if things go well.

A definite no. HE has not HAD problems ie past He HAS health problems. Diabetic and heart are very difficult to control in at any time more so in football.  And before I am crucified by some on here I say this as a diabetic with cardiology issues. Even the rules and decisions are severe and complicated enough  just going to watch a match.

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Alexander sings a journeyman left-sided midfielder in Morris, and Hammy signs a proper young winger in McKinstry. You do the math. 

I'm genuinely excited about the Hammy era. 

Likewise, this is an exciting signing and not just because of his potential but because we are going to get to see one of our academy graduates grace our first team this season. One of the most frustrating thing in modern day football for clubs our size is that we lose our best young talent without them ever playing a game for us. I am genuinely looking forward to seeing McKinstry play for us.

I've never got the hype over allan,he was talked about as a youngster and it stuck despite him never really settling anywhere and doing the business for any length of time,he's very similar to tony watt.

41 minutes ago, mfc said:

I've never got the hype over allan,he was talked about as a youngster and it stuck despite him never really settling anywhere and doing the business for any length of time,he's very similar to tony watt.

Maybe a little, he is technically a very good player, certainly better than most in our squad. However there are plenty of issues.

7 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

Likewise, this is an exciting signing and not just because of his potential but because we are going to get to see one of our academy graduates grace our first team this season. One of the most frustrating thing in modern day football for clubs our size is that we lose our best young talent without them ever playing a game for us. I am genuinely looking forward to seeing McKinstry play for us.

Can we just start calling him Young Kunta now?

• Haha 1

McKinstry is a really exciting signing on so many levels.

Was really disappointed we never got to see him play for the first team after all the hype about him coming through the youth ranks. Now we get the chance to see what he could have offered and probably closer to the finished article than he would have been at the time.

The fact that the voy is Motherwell daft and will also fulfill a childhood dream bodes well.

He also happens to be able to fill a position we were sadly lacking in until now.

Will be interesting to see how Leeds see his future. But nice to have him here meantime.

• David locked this topic