2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

6 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Unless it's a case Morris would want to move as Alexander now away, not been impressed so far but again would need to see him more before judging him

30 day no quibbles return policy :) .     

There's a fair few who could be let go .
10 defender in the first team 
squad , 2-3 could be let go. 
Midfield - Morris, Maguire, suspect we'd keep the rest.
Strikers.  Efford + Shields. 

Stevie will know whos on the way out . Not Morris tho he has to be given a fair chance, new leauge , new team , team mates. How can he possibly judged by anyone so soon, apart from the forum panel. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stv said:

Stevie will know whos on the way out . Not Morris tho he has to be given a fair chance, new leauge , new team , team mates. How can he possibly judged by anyone so soon, apart from the forum panel. 

Yes it’s way too early for someone like Morris who has hardly played a game. Even a player like Shield could still develop under Hammell.

I think Morris might actually come good, I thought he was the only player we had in that first Sligo game (doesn’t say too much tho) and showed enough for me to be hopeful.

joining a new club, new league, new country. Call me the voice of reason if I state I think he needs more than 3 games to make an impact lol

as for Efford, the big fella can go anytime and as much as I like the effort shields puts in, he’ll always be a championship player. Maguire won’t go as Hammell knows him and whatever the fans say the coaches all see a player there and I think there is but the lad lacks confidence and belief in himself. That’s not an easy thing to fix, you’re either full of belief or your not. You could have the ability of messi but if you don’t believe it you’ll not make it.

Would like to see Efford kept on, there’s a player in there somewhere. This attacking football we are playing all of a sudden will suit him. Not necessarily as a starter, but to come off the bench and run at tiring full backs for the last 30 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Would like to see Efford kept on, there’s a player in there somewhere. This attacking football we are playing all of a sudden will suit him. Not necessarily as a starter, but to come off the bench and run at tiring full backs for the last 30 minutes. 

Obviously some will need to be let go but I’m sure Hammell will want to give players a chance.

5 hours ago, WellEast said:

You'd have to reckon Ojala, McGinley possibly Shields/Efford, maybe Morris.

Mcginley and Ojala should go for sure i think the other 3 deserve at least a season under Hammell to prove themselves and if theyre not up to it get moved on

30 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Maguire, Shields and Efford aren't fringe players. Someone like Devine is.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I guess they are squad players. Things were much simpler back in the day when you had just the team and the reserves. No subs even. I remember big Peter McLoy getting injured against Killie I think. Someone went in goals and big Peter came back on as outfield player with his wrist bandaged up. 

I like listening to Hammell because he talks like a coach - which is obvious, of course, given he's spent the last few years coaching. 

Will be interesting to see if after a couple of seasons of having his words twisted by the media and attacks on social media he will revert to the usual manager-speak. 

3 hours ago, Last post by: said:

Posting a photo of Blair Spittal with just his squad number (7) is a nod to tonight's 7PM tweet announcement. 

Will it be Snodgrass signing or will it be a mini documentary detailing the work that went into the summer pitch replacement?... 

TIMe WiLL TeLL...   :no:

Was there supposed to be a club announcement at 7pm or have I picked this up wrong 

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2022 at 6:14 PM, grizzlyg said:

I have heard a rumour we are also after billy Dodds...so we can announce new signings as Snoddy and Big Ears!!.....cue.....yep.....here we go.......BA BOOM!!

Grizzly I must say that’s one of your better ones.

5 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I’m with you on this. The one thing Efford has is pace and that will always worry defenders. If he could just add an end product he’d be a really good asset.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• David locked this topic