2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

59 minutes ago, stv said:

You can satisfy some of the people some of the time, but you can’t satisfy some on here any of the time . Unless we signed Lionel Messi on a four year deal. Then again he would probably be past it and no attacking enough.  I’m prepared to wait n see new signings actually play for us then judge after a couple of months.

You are obvs a novice.  This will never catch on. 

On this forum player signings are either varying degrees of underwhelming, poor or utter shite. 

You pick one of those 3 you will fit in well. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I don't think Spittal is coming to Motherwell to warm the Bench every week, an experienced premiership player who likes to get forward, scored a few goals and had a good season with RC by all accounts for me he is better than Donnelly and O'Hara so will improve the team. 

To think we let Donnelly go and still gets into the Northern Ireland squad, we don’t usually let internationalist go, it must be some squad we are going to have next season!!

7 hours ago, eddiemunster said:

If we are serious about retaining our place as champions of the crime count this year, we really need to sign a big dirty bastard in the midfield.  Someone unanimously hated across the division would be great.

Paul McGowan?

Maybe Donnelly will be one of those that you don't realize how good he is until he's gone. He seems to have a good reputation but other than his goal scoring patch I can only remember him letting runners stroll past him, and playing lazy hospital passes. He and O'Hara were the worst for those.

Both of them had lengthy periods out injured, and that seems to have been the case at their previous clubs too. Maybe their new team will solve that and they can have a whole season of ignoring runners.

Spittal is a decent signing, although it doesn't fit our 4-3-3 model, unless he's one of the front 3. He puts in a decent cross, and has some creativity, two things that we need, so I'm happy to see how this one pans out.

5 hours ago, stv said:

You can satisfy some of the people some of the time, but you can’t satisfy some on here any of the time . Unless we signed Lionel Messi on a four year deal. Then again he would probably be past it and no attacking enough.  I’m prepared to wait n see new signings actually play for us then judge after a couple of months.

too right, I read one guy on twitter saying he was underwhmed by signing Spittal...I honestly don't know what some people's expectations are.Give the guy 20 mins and then judge.

If we did sign Messi , there are posters on here who would say he doesn't get back and defend.

33 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don't know how Spittal will turn out but he is a different kind of midfielder to O'Hara and Donnelly. Does this signal a change in tactics to allow us to play more through the middle?

That would be nice. Might help Slattery out a bit as well........

20 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

too right, I read one guy on twitter saying he was underwhmed by signing Spittal...I honestly don't know what some people's expectations are.Give the guy 20 mins and then judge.

If we did sign Messi , there are posters on here who would say he doesn't get back and defend.

Thats 19mins 30secs more than most new signings get to be judged

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Paul pogba is leaving Manchester United on a free transfer at the end of June, anyone reckon he could do a turn for us :D

Paul Pogba will leave Manchester United on free transfer - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61659836

He's apparently on just over 15 million a year basic, so if we made him one of our top earners an MFC annual salary would cover him for about 2 days.

56 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

No he's not. He's mved on to Alexandra Burke, and he's going to be a daddy soon.

Good luck to him with impending fatherhood.

He has done alright for himself career wise, since leaving Fir Park. A good example of what a move to Motherwell can result in.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, The African said:

He has done alright for himself career wise, since leaving Fir Park. A good example of what a move to Motherwell can result in.

If you do alright for a few season you can shag all the popstars you want?

It's a strange life being a keeper. Limited opportunities, but if you're decent, able to make a good living while being nowhere near the first team.

At least Randolph managed to chalk up a good number of appearances before he took his retirement fund boosting job at West Ham. It must be a strange situation as a professional player, even with all the cash rolling into the bank, to be training hard every week knowing there is zero game time on the horizon.

8 minutes ago, weeyin said:

It's a strange life being a keeper. Limited opportunities, but if you're decent, able to make a good living while being nowhere near the first team.

At least Randolph managed to chalk up a good number of appearances before he took his retirement fund boosting job at West Ham. It must be a strange situation as a professional player, even with all the cash rolling into the bank, to be training hard every week knowing there is zero game time on the horizon.

Not many players chalk up 539 appearances to be fair.

Absolutely. But it must still be strange knowing he has almost zero chance starting a league game for West Ham. Same for Gillespie at Newcastle.

Most outfield players can count on picking up a few starts when they join a new team, but when you're 3rd choice keeper it's usually a case of having to "be ready".

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Absolutely. But it must still be strange knowing he has almost zero chance starting a league game for West Ham. Same for Gillespie at Newcastle.

Most outfield players can count on picking up a few starts when they join a new team, but when you're 3rd choice keeper it's usually a case of having to "be ready".

I would “be ready” season after season for the kind of wages he will be on

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Appears we are looking at this guy Toyosi Olusanya along with StMirren & Livingston. 
24 year old Striker/winger.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-middlesbrough-set-to-sanction-player-exit-with-scottish-trio-in-pursuit/amp/

Apparently he can play anywhere across the front three, ideal for us !!!!!!!!!

• David locked this topic