David

2022/23 ins & outs discussion

56 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

No he's not. He's mved on to Alexandra Burke, and he's going to be a daddy soon.

Good luck to him with impending fatherhood.

He has done alright for himself career wise, since leaving Fir Park. A good example of what a move to Motherwell can result in.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, The African said:

He has done alright for himself career wise, since leaving Fir Park. A good example of what a move to Motherwell can result in.

If you do alright for a few season you can shag all the popstars you want?

5 hours ago, GazzyB said:

If you do alright for a few season you can shag all the popstars you want?

I was thinking more along financial lines, but now you mention it......

It's a strange life being a keeper. Limited opportunities, but if you're decent, able to make a good living while being nowhere near the first team.

At least Randolph managed to chalk up a good number of appearances before he took his retirement fund boosting job at West Ham. It must be a strange situation as a professional player, even with all the cash rolling into the bank, to be training hard every week knowing there is zero game time on the horizon.

8 minutes ago, weeyin said:

It's a strange life being a keeper. Limited opportunities, but if you're decent, able to make a good living while being nowhere near the first team.

At least Randolph managed to chalk up a good number of appearances before he took his retirement fund boosting job at West Ham. It must be a strange situation as a professional player, even with all the cash rolling into the bank, to be training hard every week knowing there is zero game time on the horizon.

Not many players chalk up 539 appearances to be fair.

Absolutely. But it must still be strange knowing he has almost zero chance starting a league game for West Ham. Same for Gillespie at Newcastle.

Most outfield players can count on picking up a few starts when they join a new team, but when you're 3rd choice keeper it's usually a case of having to "be ready".

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Absolutely. But it must still be strange knowing he has almost zero chance starting a league game for West Ham. Same for Gillespie at Newcastle.

Most outfield players can count on picking up a few starts when they join a new team, but when you're 3rd choice keeper it's usually a case of having to "be ready".

I would “be ready” season after season for the kind of wages he will be on

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2022 at 6:47 PM, stv said:

I would “be ready” season after season for the kind of wages he will be on

West Ham paid 4 million for him and he's play 5 matches.

Different world!

22 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Appears we are looking at this guy Toyosi Olusanya along with StMirren & Livingston. 
24 year old Striker/winger.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-middlesbrough-set-to-sanction-player-exit-with-scottish-trio-in-pursuit/amp/

Apparently he can play anywhere across the front three, ideal for us !!!!!!!!!

You would think that we should be favourite to sign the guy, with us being in Europe . 

2 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

You would think that we should be favourite to sign the guy, with us being in Europe . 

I'm pretty sure that by now, every journo's spellchecker auto-corrects "Motherwell" to "Motherwell and St. Mirren".

17 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

I think Paisley is in Europe.

2 hours ago, Winning by Name said:

I think Paisley is in Europe.

Sure is, but St Mirren aren't.:)

Alexander saying there won't be wholesale changes to the squad and that hes happy with the business we've done last year.

Which makes sense as compared to previous years its a faily settled side. I imagine at least 8 or 9 of the players that start against Bala or Sligo will have been here last season.

Maybe a bit of consistency (in squad) will help. Add a few bits of quality and we'll see how it goes.

12 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

Alexander saying there won't be wholesale changes to the squad and that hes happy with the business we've done last year.

Which makes sense as compared to previous years its a faily settled side. I imagine at least 8 or 9 of the players that start against Bala or Sligo will have been here last season.

Maybe a bit of consistency (in squad) will help. Add a few bits of quality and we'll see how it goes.

Adding in 8 or 9 bits of quality would be a start. :(

• Like 1

Does anyone else feel we are on the same path as St Johnston we’re last year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

It won’t go down well with a percentage of the fanbase who think we need a good few additions.

36 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

I think there are enough differences from the situation St Johnstone found themselves in to say that that is not the case here. For instance, they lost a couple of key players just before the transfer deadline and were unable to replace them with anything like the same quality. We are also, unfortunately, not artificially buoyed by unprecedented success from last season.

I do think that relying on the core of a squad that faltered so alarmingly in the second half of the season shows a degree of optimism in their ability, or the hope that they will improve, that I do not share. Relying on theist of the league to remain pretty awful seems both lazy and foolhardy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coatsy said:

No because St Johnstone won two cups.

3 hours ago, Coatsy said:

St Johnstone sold their best players and didn't bring in any replacements.

GA has cleared the decks of players who didn't cut it and is looking to bring in a few higher quality replacements.

Different situation altogether.

17 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

We need a new LB urgently. Carroll and McGinley are subs at best. Alexander needs to secure a good  LB, with no more signing pointless squad fillers. The squad was bloated with crap last season. Plus, 2 or 3 more in other key areas would be welcome as well. 

• Like 1

More signings are on the way according to GA quoted in the Sun yesterday.

More in for Motherwell

Graham Alexander is hopeful he'll be able to add some more new faces to his Motherwell squad in the coming days.

The Steelmen boss revealed discussions are ongoing as he looks to expand his options with European football on the horizon.

Motherwell found out earlier today that they'll face either Bala Town or Sligo Rovers in Europa Conference League qualifying.

Alexander said: "There's two or three that we're talking to at the moment and have been for a week or so. We've had some real good conversations with a couple of players and if we can get them I think they'll improve the group again.

"We've got the base of a really good squad but it's always important to add to that with fresh impetus. Ideally if we can get them in before pre-season that is really important."

26 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

As long as players we bring in are better than we have I don’t mind it only being 2-3 or 4 players

no more squad players thanks 

I have a great idea lets just strengthen the guys we have on the bench, what could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes: