2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

6 minutes ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

Sat at a wedding tonight next to a good mate of snoddy's. said we offered something but so have fleetwood and believe it or not rangers. so think its looking increasingly unlikely we will be getting him.

basically said he has a few offers so unlikely he will join us now

Rangers ? I doubt that very much.

8 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Would like to see Efford kept on, there’s a player in there somewhere. This attacking football we are playing all of a sudden will suit him. Not necessarily as a starter, but to come off the bench and run at tiring full backs for the last 30 minutes. 

Efford isn't good enough for this league. He's part of the Alexander generation and we have moved beyond that. 

• Sad 1

It feels a much better environment since hammell came in and because of that we may see improvement in some players that it was  never going to happen for under alexander,I'm happy enough if the squad as a whole gets the chance to impress.

• Like 4

From Stevie Hammell's comments it would seem that there's a strong possibility of a few new faces arriving in the next 10  days. Also, it would seem a likelihood of some leaving. I'd be interested in getting everyone's thoughts on that.

Matthew Connelly: possibility of a loan now that Aston Oxborough has arrived?

Juhani Ojala: still a year to go so might be expensive to pay off, but very injury prone and not featuring much. Central defence needs strengthening

Robbie Mahon: young player who might benefit from a loan

David Devine: one of the older young players who has never made the breakthrough?

Maybe some young lads going out on loan?

On 8/19/2022 at 11:42 PM, Yabba's Turd said:

Speed is one thing you can't coach into a player,  not saying he's Cobra Coyne, but give him a chance.

Unfortunately for Efford, the evidence suggests that his brain and legs aren't connecting. 

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Unfortunately for Efford, the evidence suggests that his brain and legs aren't connecting. 

Against Aberdeen and Livi, Efford's contribution as a sub was in important factor in both victories.

From a defensive point of view he supported SOD who had run his heart out and was tiring. and on the offensive side he continued the attacking  threat that SOD had provided all afternoon. Exactly the impact you hope a sub will have. Something that Alexander's substitutions constantly failed to achieve.

So although he might not be a world beater, let's not underplay his contribution and improvement under Hammell. I certainly don't yet see him as a first team fixture but can we please acknowledge that he has shown up and contributed.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Against Aberdeen and Livi, Efford's contribution as a sub was in important factor in both victories.

From a defensive point of view he supported SOD who had run his heart out and was tiring. and on the offensive side he continued the attacking  threat that SOD had provided all afternoon. Exactly the impact you hope a sub will have. Something that Alexander's substitutions constantly failed to achieve.

So although he might not be a world beater, let's not underplay his contribution and improvement under Hammell. I certainly don't yet see him as a first team fixture but can we please acknowledge that he has shown up and contributed.

Good post!

1 hour ago, dennyc said:

On this, I believe he offers a fair bit more to the team than Connor Sheilds does at the moment and should be starting. Connor struggles to hold the ball up or beat his man. Wee Joe can beat his man. If he can just find the end product, he’ll be a good player at this level. Time will tell if he can keep improving under Hammell. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dennyc said:

Agree wi u 100%.ive said that previously,some people refuse t c the work off the ball that he puts in,i think his form in the cameo roles hes had may warrant a start in place of shields,its very much like for like,a little confidence n composure i think he'll do ok

Still no news on Snoddy? If he's taking this long to think about it then maybe his heart isn't fully into a move to Motherwell so we don't really need him.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Still no news on Snoddy? If he's taking this long to think about it then maybe his heart isn't fully into a move to Motherwell so we don't really need him.

If he takes an extra week to decide from multiple options and then chooses us you could equally argue that means he is even more committed.

8 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

That would apply to all clubs he is considering then since there has been no news about him signing for anyone? 

41 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

If it was me at his age I would be taking my time if there was plenty of interest. Why should he rush into it, it’s not Real Madrid giving him the weekend.

It hopefully comes as no shock to anyone that very few players are sitting around holding out for motherwell to come in for them. Football is a job, if anyone's agent is telling them to take the first offer from us and not weigh their options, they should be fired.

I'd rather we be creative and try and get players we might not otherwise, with the risk of failing a few times, than loading up our team with Manzingas.

I reckon if Snodgrass was going to sign for us he’d have done it by now. I know, I know the transfer window doesn’t shut until the end of the month but this has been rumbling away in the background for about a week now and there has supposedly been some sort of offer made to him.

This sounds like his agent trying to engineer more offers from ‘bigger’ clubs in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, fizoxy said:

It hopefully comes as no shock to anyone that very few players are sitting around holding out for motherwell to come in for them. Football is a job, if anyone's agent is telling them to take the first offer from us and not weigh their options, they should be fired.

I've been sitting (fully stripped) next to my phone for months now 

• David locked this topic