2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that Lamie to Dundee isn't a done deal after all...

“Could I change my mind about the move? Aye, there are certain clauses in the contract.

“I’m not exactly sure how it works but they were inserted due to the position that Dundee have found themselves in.

“They got a point from the derby against United on Saturday so they’re still fighting away and it’s just a matter of seeing how it all pans out.

“Apart from anything else, I agreed to sign for one manager and he’s no longer there. That came as a bit of a surprise after he’d had a couple of good results.

“They tried to make the move happen in January but that didn’t work out so I’ve been telling my fiancee and my family that I’m just concentrating on the job in hand and finishing as high up the table as we can.

“We’ll need to see how the season ends but, as I said to the gaffer here, no matter where I’m going to be next season my only focus at the moment is on winning games.

“The gaffer’s been brilliant with me ever since I signed the pre-contract. We speak regularly and that won’t change. Motherwell have been great with me and, as a player, I just want to keep playing regularly. Then I’ll have stuff to decide.

“It’s a funny old game. I could help Motherwell qualify for Europe next season and maybe even end up playing for them there again.

“Asked what persuaded him to sign a pre-contract with the Dark Blues in the first place, Lamie, who has made 20 league appearances for the Steelmen, added: “James McPake was really keen to get me on board.

“He’d spoken to me earlier, when I left Livingston but before I joined Motherwell so I knew he really wanted me.

“On top of that, I’d started this season really well and then we brought in a few other players who play in my position.

“Now, though, I’ve fought my way back into the starting XI and I’m a mainstay again and the manager’s told me it’ll stay that way as long as I’m working hard.”

33 minutes ago, ppower said:

Now reading Lamie might want to stay.  If he hadn't scored that goal and we dropped bottom six would he still be thinking of staying???

If he has an IQ higher than his shirt number, probably aye.

His interview recently was very honest. He said that we signed players in his position and he wasn’t getting a game, so he opted to move (and obviously for more money, I’m not naive), but he said Alexander has told him if he plays as well as he is just now he’s the main man. I hope he stays. 

I would personally not be building the defence around him, he’s still a back up player for me but time will tell. Certainly dropping down to the championship which they will seems crazy.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-st-mirren-transfer-battle-26703585

Motherwell and St Mirren in transfer battle for ex-Steelman as Blackburn contract approaches expiry date

The defender has been linked with a return to ML1 after spending the season back down south.

Motherwell are reportedly battling with St Mirren for ex-defender Tyler Magloire as his contract at Blackburn Rovers comes to a close.

The pacy defender spent the second half of last season loan at Fir Park from the English Championship side, and returned south in the summer.

After making four second tier appearances for Tony Mowbray's side before Halloween, he failed to make another before heading to League Two side Northampton Town on loan.

His loan with the Cobblers has been prematurely ended by injury.

A decision on his future now awaits after 10 appearances at Sixfields as the 23-year-old's deal at Blackburn expires in June.

Fir Park boss Alexander is now believed to be keen on bringing him back to the Scottish Premiership.

But ex-'Well gaffer Stephen Robinson reportedly wants him at St Mirren, according to transfer guru Alan Nixon's Patreon.

16 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The locked out season is all a bit hazy but was Magloire not utter pish and could barely pass the ball five yards?

don't think you're that hazy - pretty much spot on.

Why we persevere with players who weren't quite good enough is frustrating.  Roberts for example - why we resigned him twice is lost on me.  

Magloire would be the same.  No harm in testing people but when proven not be good enough for starting position we should move on.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-st-mirren-transfer-battle-26703585

Motherwell and St Mirren in transfer battle for ex-Steelman as Blackburn contract approaches expiry date

The defender has been linked with a return to ML1 after spending the season back down south.

Motherwell are reportedly battling with St Mirren for ex-defender Tyler Magloire as his contract at Blackburn Rovers comes to a close.

The pacy defender spent the second half of last season loan at Fir Park from the English Championship side, and returned south in the summer.

After making four second tier appearances for Tony Mowbray's side before Halloween, he failed to make another before heading to League Two side Northampton Town on loan.

His loan with the Cobblers has been prematurely ended by injury.

A decision on his future now awaits after 10 appearances at Sixfields as the 23-year-old's deal at Blackburn expires in June.

Fir Park boss Alexander is now believed to be keen on bringing him back to the Scottish Premiership.

But ex-'Well gaffer Stephen Robinson reportedly wants him at St Mirren, according to transfer guru Alan Nixon's Patreon.

I can't see GA trying to re-sign a player we had previously brought in, gave him a chance discovered he was utter pish and not up to standard and was subsequently punted, St Mirren are welcome to him.

10 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I can't see GA trying to re-sign a player we had previously brought in, gave him a chance discovered he was utter pish and not up to standard and was subsequently punted, St Mirren are welcome to him.

Yet, extended deals for McGinley & Mugabi. Definitely not screaming ambition.

I thought Magliore started off looking poor, but after a run of games he looked better and did have a bit of pace. I dont think he is a massive step up from what we already have though, so Id be surprised if we were interested.

30 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I thought Magliore started off looking poor, but after a run of games he looked better and did have a bit of pace. I dont think he is a massive step up from what we already have though, so Id be surprised if we were interested.

Spot on that was my interpretation of his time with us.

• David locked this topic