Motherwell v Ross County 02/03/2022

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Poor game and never a penalty in a hundred years. We really should have tried testing their goalie though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I might be wrong here but if the initial foul is outside but carries on inside,  it is a pen? I will stand corrected if wrong. 

Carroll shouldve let him go, it was a lazy tackle and it was a foul. 

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

3 failed attempts in a row by Donnelly to find a teammate. Pathetic. 

As poor as he was, there was zero movement in the team tonight with the exception of Woolery. He was also the third worst midfielder we had tonight. 

On a general point, ignoring the scoreline,  that performance was as bad as a few that have seen Motherwell managers being sacked...

33 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Words fail me,  let's wait and see what GA says, if he comes out with same nonsense he really is treating us all like fools. No idea where we go from here, apart from lamie the defence were honking, donnelly was decent but Goss invisible. We need 4 4 2 as all we are doing is playing hoofball to front 3. Shields looks out his depth but still adapting to higher division.

Goss won't jump for a ball and won't tackle for fear of getting his strip dirty.

Whether inside or not it is caused by Carroll yet again caught on wrong side. How many more goals is he going to cost us? Fact we are missing mcginlay sums up how bad we are. And johansen another one that has went downhill since his megaphone gig with the Bois.  Need ojala back in

Poor performance , poor tactics,  poor team selection but none of it a surprise - the standard of football has been dross all season.

Alexander is either arrogant or naive or possibly both with his insistence in playing 433. Most games if not all this results in our midfield being outnumbered and a back 4 who are poor and uncomfortable with the ball at their feet having to result in hoofing it to a front 3 who aren’t that great in the air - the result being the absolute aimless shite that got served up again tonight. 

Shaw coming in at Ibrox and Ohara going off made a massive difference on Sunday yet he reverts back to Ohara again tonight - this will upset the happy clappy  crew but Ohara is one of the worst players I’ve seen in 35 years going to Fir Park - he offers absolutely fuck all. No pace , no bite , can’t tackle, can pass and has no creativity yet he gets another 90 minutes. 

Alexander is Burrows big signing and the squad is 95% Alexander’s and is bigger in numbers and wages than the past 10 years and we look devoid of ideas, ability and have a lack of a will to win with no leaders which was epitomised by our captains display tonight. 

Any other manager would be 2 loses away from the sack never at Motherwell with Burrows in charge . Monumental fuck up giving him a contract extension. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Poor game and never a penalty in a hundred years. We really should have tried testing their goalie though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Exactly. You should at least be scoring 1 goal at home against a team like Ross County. We were abysmal. 

• Like 1

Think club will need to offer free season tickets again next season or numbers will drop significantly.  Quality of football is poor and with a manager who is difficult to like at times. Not calling for him.to go but a lot of improvement needed and also a youth academy needing seriously invested in 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

As poor as he was, there was zero movement in the team tonight with the exception of Woolery. He was also the third worst midfielder we had tonight. 

On a general point, ignoring the scoreline,  that performance was as bad as a few that have seen Motherwell managers being sacked...

He wasn't the worst, but 3 consecutive misplaced passes does tend to highlight individuals' failings. And we were beaten by a team that played the bloody ball back to him 3 times in a row.

Aye, we were shocking tonight. I don't really know what they were trying to do - getting Alexander the boot would've been as good a guess as any, given that performance.

Some perspective is required here, we have been feckin brutal since Christmas,  very rarely playing the same team two weeks in a row, struggling to score goals etc but as it stands we are still only 2 points away from a European spot and due to play a Hibs team who have been equally shite as well for a place in the Scottish cup semi finals ffs

There are 12 points on offer before the split so we still have a very good chance to secure a top 6 place, a Euro spot, a cup semi final place and another season in the premiership so for me that would be a very good return for the season. You never get judged on where you start , it's the finish that matters.

40 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

An absolute shitfest of a game both teams offered feck all, think we had 3 or 4 shots on target and the best chance of the match at the end , RC had 2 ffs,

Shocking decision for the pen, Beaton made a right James Hunt of that one. But all that said we are still only 2 pointos off 4th but we need to start winning again very soon.

The fact that were only 2 points from 4th spot is crazy considering how bad we have been since the break,were still in with a shout but are rapidly running out of chances anything other than 3 points against dundee and we can forget it.no doubt there will be personnel changes for that game but if there isn't a change in shape and approach then we will struggle yet again against a poor dundee team.

Every midfield player we have is poor we have no playmaker and nobody to break up the play . Up front we are even worse no goalscorer we can rely on and no skill to create a chance . The captain needs to give up the captaincy as he can’t lead by example and he is really struggling as for the manager some of the players he has signed wouldn’t get a game with a good junior side . We won’t go down but do we trust the manager to improve the team for next season 

27 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Whether inside or not it is caused by Carroll yet again caught on wrong side. How many more goals is he going to cost us? Fact we are missing mcginlay sums up how bad we are. And johansen another one that has went downhill since his megaphone gig with the Bois.  Need ojala back in

Carroll is a liability, he constantly gets caught out of position,never gets out and blocks crosses.we should be looking at moving him on at the end of the season as the left back position is a constant problem,there has to be better out there than what we currently have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfc said:

Carroll is a liability, he constantly gets caught out of position,never gets out and blocks crosses.we should be looking at moving him on at the end of the season as the left back position is a constant problem,there has to be better out there than what we currently have.

I would rather start Tony Straker or for the older readers Ruby Murray.  Ahhhh if only we had a new Rob McKinnon

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Some perspective is required here, we have been feckin brutal since Christmas,  very rarely playing the same team two weeks in a row, struggling to score goals etc but as it stands we are still only 2 points away from a European spot and due to play a Hibs team who have been equally shite as well for a place in the Scottish cup semi finals ffs

There are 12 points on offer before the split so we still have a very good chance to secure a top 6 place, a Euro spot, a cup semi final place and another season in the premiership so for me that would be a very good return for the season. You never get judged on where you start , it's the finish that matters.

I agree it’s not the worst position but on the other hand we could be out the cup and finish 10th 

Just now, grizzlyg said:

I would rather start Tony Straker or for the older readers Ruby Murray.  Ahhhh if only we had a new Rob McKinnon

McKinnon,now your talking grizzly.i would be happy with a solid enough left back,somebody that will do us a turn without constantly costing us goals.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mfc said:

McKinnon,now your talking grizzly.i would be happy with a solid enough left back,somebody that will do us a turn without constantly costing us goals.

As i say to my mates we have never had an average left back,  they have either been outstanding or honking 

I think that had to be the worst performance from a set of full backs I've ever seen. O'Donnell couldn't find a man all night, several times completely miscontrolled the ball and Carroll on the other side wasn't even close to better. Lamie was the only one with pass marks but even still his distribution is trash. Mind the time we played Hearts and they just let Hartley & Dunne have the ball coz they knew it'd be punted to nobody in particular every time? It was virtually the same thing tonight.

Woolery's best attribute is isolating defenders and absolutely roasting them. He's also put in a few brilliant crosses lately, so let's utilise that part of his game. Leave him RIGHT on the touchline, stretch the opposition, switch the ball to him (to his feet, not his fuckin head) and unleash him. Instead he drifts inside and picks up the ball surrounded. Keep him right on the touchline please.

We're not being helped by a manager who makes changes just for the sake of it by the looks of things. Tierney, Efford, Woolery, Shield & KVV have all started the last 2 games across the front 3. A bit of consistency is surely required. Woolery & KVV are nailed on to start, we've got to stick with one of Efford or Roberts for that left berth and get some consistency in the team. Same goes for midfield, with Cornelius, Shaw, Slattery & Goss. The gaffer fancies O'Hara and Donnelly, so it's one of those 4 fighting for the last spot. Pick one and play that three regularly.

It's so frustrating, the quality from 4th to 10th is absolutely garbage. It would be so easy for us to pull away if we could just string a few results together, but we can barely string a few passes together never mind results just now. After being 4th for so long the inevitable 9th placed finish is going to be hard to take.

• Like 1