Motherwell v Ross County 02/03/2022

SteelmaninOZ

It was never going to be an easy game against a team that’s probably as good as anyone in the league just now bar the old firm, they really are much improved. We can’t buy a win these days I’m afraid and I’m just glad we got the points on the board before we sold Watt, he’s terribly missed and we’ve just not been the same since he left.

Just now, GrahamH said:

That was awful. Passing was horrendous and even when they found a man the first touch was as bad as I’ve seen from professional players.

We must be the worst team in the league at passing the ball,it's embarrassing for paid professionals that can't do even basic stuff.

• Like 1

This has to have been the worst performance from any Motherwell team I have ever witnessed.

Shockingly bad from start to finish, how 10 players can play so bad is beyond me, we have been beaten by a team that had no in play shots on goal. What do they work on during the week, you would think they have never played together.

Van Veen looked injured done zero running all game, blame has to fall with the manager, absolute disgrace of a performance.

The passing is one thing and the inability to control a football is another but the lack of movement off the ball is chronic. Everything is reactive , nothing free-flowing and constantly relying on hit and hope. County were pish tonight, it just so happens we were more pish. We made their defenders look like world beaters with aimless long balls all night. Complete lack of invention and appetite all round. I'm starting to wonder how long we give the manager now. 

Words fail me,  let's wait and see what GA says, if he comes out with same nonsense he really is treating us all like fools. No idea where we go from here, apart from lamie the defence were honking, donnelly was decent but Goss invisible. We need 4 4 2 as all we are doing is playing hoofball to front 3. Shields looks out his depth but still adapting to higher division.

I have not been at Fir Park for a while due to health issues but keep an eye on the games. To my mind we have a terrible team, the manager must take the blame. Never been a fan of his style, even when I was going to the games, I found it pathetic. When Watt left we were told we did not need a striker to replace him. How wrong can someone be with a statement like that. The attendances keep going down and will keep on the same way. Good job we got points on board at the start.

Very poor quality match tonight but I don't think we deserved to lose it.  Basically came down to what looked to me to be a very avoidable penalty.

Kelly hasn't had a serious save to make and we missed a couple of good chances.

Overall though it was a pretty dismal performance.  I'm of the opinion that the manager has done reasonably well with a poor squad but tonight showed that a lot of those players just aren't good enough.  Most players have shocking technique, game awareness is non-existent and our build up is  s-o   s-l-o-w 

We need to improve the quality of the squad and that's what I'll be looking for the manager to do in the close season but when you see contracts being handed out to players already you begin to wonder.

I think it's important to remember we are only 2 points off 4th but we have to do much much better than tonight.

• Like 1

An absolute shitfest of a game both teams offered feck all, think we had 3 or 4 shots on target and the best chance of the match at the end , RC had 2 ffs,

Shocking decision for the pen, Beaton made a right James Hunt of that one. But all that said we are still only 2 pointos off 4th but we need to start winning again very soon.