Motherwell v Dundee 05/03/2022

SteelmaninOZ

Kelly

Mugabi - Johansen - Ojala - Lamie/McGinley

Cornelius - Donnelly - Slattery

Woolery - Van Veen - Roberts

I agree with many stated and try the team out for a few weeks.

Also I think that 4 at the back are principally defenders we don't need expansive wing backs when playing a front three, more required in a two. Hence drop Carroll.

Support can be give by slattery and cornelius

Tempted by Shaw too forgot about him

On 3/3/2022 at 9:48 PM, GazzyB said:

O'Donnell's display last night was indefensible, he absolutely deserves to be dropped. So does Carroll before anyone points that out to me.

Kelly

Mugabi

Ojala

Lamie

Re-sign Stevie Hammell

Slattery

Shaw

Goss

Woolery

KVV

Efford

Time for Alexander to stop fucking about, he's risking our season. Shields, O'Donnell & Donnelly are not our best options. Time to play our strongest XI.

Anything less than a win and our league campaign is basically finished.

The first line is correct. Robbos Boy is deflecting from O'Donnell's singular performance by discussing others. O'Donnell has not done anything to deserve to be playing.

1 hour ago, wunderwell said:

Kelly

Mugabi - Johansen - Ojala - Lamie/McGinley

Cornelius - Donnelly - Slattery

Woolery - Van Veen - Roberts

I agree with many stated and try the team out for a few weeks.

Also I think that 4 at the back are principally defenders we don't need expansive wing backs when playing a front three, more required in a two. Hence drop Carroll.

Support can be give by slattery and cornelius

Tempted by Shaw too forgot about him

Expansive wing backs ? Against County they never moved !

For me I’d play Shaw up top. Or maybe even as a 10 or a “false 9”. Everyone loves Van Veen but he was less than useless on Wednesday night. I’ve liked the flashes I’ve seen as Efford but he does look too lightweight at the moment. 

I’d go:

Kelly 

Mugabi Sol Lamie Carroll

Slattery Donnelly O’Hara

Woolery Shaw Amaluzor 

Anything other than a win at home against the team bottom of the league when we can potentially go back into fourth with a win will be unacceptable.i don't care how we do it but the three points are a must today.

just a question but do we play lamie ?    against his new team   who are scrathing for points and survival etc     if he makes a mistake ( which heez got in him ) and they score there will be melt down on here  or do we bench him and play slow as feck ojala   ? apolagies if this has already been discussed but iv not been around for a few days

55 minutes ago, smiddy said:

just a question but do we play lamie ?    against his new team   who are scrathing for points and survival etc     if he makes a mistake ( which heez got in him ) and they score there will be melt down on here  or do we bench him and play slow as feck ojala   ? apolagies if this has already been discussed but iv not been around for a few days

The guy has been much improved this year,  I think if we were much of muchness in the league with no relegation worries for them then it wouldn't bother me if he started. 

4 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Not at all, its all about opinions and basically yours and mine don't count only the manager. O'Donnell wasn't the worst on Wednesday but yet again he gets it in the neck. Go back to Sunday if it was him that scored the OG this forum would hsve him shot. Just look at the Aberdeen game, Bevis caught wrong side, just like Carrol on Wednesday but hey it's not our captain and most capped Scottish player, so let's let it slide they tried there best, cmon all our full backs have had bad games. 

if you were seeing odonnel  for first time, would you say he's a potential captain/ International,  no ...me neither. At some point he must've showed something to get into International set up, but its not been at Motherwell.  Time to give a chance to full backs who can defend , occasionally put crosses in. 

Not asking for Danny mcgrain or Joe wark, just guys who will do the basics.

You keep saying that O'Donnell would have been shot, hung, drawn, quartered etc and it's just not true. Nobody would begrudge any player that scored that own goal vs Rangers, it's literally bounced off of Mugabi as he's challenged for the ball. If that was O'Donnell the same mooted reaction would have happened.

8 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

As I said you have your opinion I have mine. Did Bevis do the basics against Aberdeen, no!!, did Carrol against Ross County no!!, did O'Donnel score an og against Rangers no, but by god if it was our no2 he would have been hung drawn and quartered, but others get a free 

I wasn't just having a go at odonnel,  all 3 of the full backs are poor.  mugabe ,  has some credit , but he is prone to the occasional switch off , on balance I'd rather have him at full back

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Efford attempted 2 passes, completed 1, had 0 successful dribbles and miscontrolled the ball 3 times in 35 minutes. 

Obviously he comes into the starting line up.

Going by your logic we should be playing 11 boys from the colts team as every player on Wednesday was brutal,  so give us who you would be playing today then. 

Surprised to see Lamie in the lineup against his future side given their fight for survival and at left back. 

I see Dundee have fielded a young goalie who is making his first start, they don't have a recognised striker starting either, what's the worst that can happen here. 

Id take the three points anyway we can but I would love to pump them just to return the favour from McGhee last game with us when Marcus Haber ran the show lol.