Motherwell v Dundee 05/03/2022

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, Bert the Sailor said:

It’s inexplicable when you see Slattery come on and be the best midfielder on show time after time. That every week we see Donnelly on the team sheet. The stubbornness to leave him on week after week is killing us. The midfield unit isn’t working and none of the answers to that include Donnelly. 

He was easily our best midfielder - got a game every week.

Can't help but think he and GA don't see eye to eye.  Must have suggested why don't we start passing to one another and got dropped. 

• Like 1

It is astounding that we have been as shite as we have lately and are STILL ONLY ONE POINT OFF OF FOURTH PLACE.

Can we just win a fucking game and be 4th please? Please?!
The lengths that every team has gone to to avoid success this year is astonishing. No one wants to win the league, no one wants Europe, and no one wants to stay up.

The cup final this year is going to penalties and will eventually be decided on a coin toss.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I'm afraid we have lost our way completely, we have resorted to hoofing the ball anywhere there is no thought about actually passing to a player in claret and amber. If this is the style of preferred play  play under Alexander then we need to look at someone else before the stadium is empty.

I keep hearing  him saying that they are professional players but you can see better from a pub team, unfortunately this is his team now, either signed or contracts extended. 

I can't believe that professional players can play so poorly some of them experienced internationalists.

What was the game plan for that match we didn't have one.

2 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

We took the boy Shaw on loan from Celtic and on the few times he’s been on the park he has shown more appetite and awareness of players around him than Donnelly has done all season ……… yet he still can’t get on the park …… Please explain Mr Alexander 

he doesnt need to answer to anyone             or at least in his small mind he doesnt

2 minutes ago, Yodo said:

5 points out of 30 Alexander’s time is up shocking football and pish poor signings . He can fuck off and take his shite players wae him hope never to see Goss Slattery Donnelly Odonnel KVV Woolery in a Motherwell strip ever again 

I believe we have some decent players, who under a different system would add value.  I don't understand why we don't try and pass, move, create space etc.  

overall it's approach that's annoyed me since pre season and yes we miss having the class of Watt in our team - more for how he brought people into the game than just his goals. 

• Like 2

Another game, another goal given away by a full back.

We need two new full backs next season, end of story. 

We also need a new midfield.  I understand players are nervy, the pitch is worse than a lot of people realise (forget the grass coverage it's very bumpy) but still our passing is terrible.  

I realise people find the up and over balls frustrating but at this point it might be the only thing in our arsenal.  Do you think our midfielders are going to split a defence?  They can't make basic passes or bring a ball down.

It wasn't a pretty watch but yet again we weren't exactly given a football lesson by the opposition and might have got something more out of the game than we did (Hibs, Aberdeen, Ross County, today).

Need to cut out the mistakes and just grind out the results to get us Top 6.  As bad as we are the opposition haven't looked any better. Might be a blessing that our next league match is away from home at this point.

1 minute ago, ZT_1886 said:

Alexander has to go tonight, don’t care if he recently got a new contract.

never likely to happen. We extended his contract with the same style of play. 

he said it himself a few times, we didn't have better stats, better style of play when we were 4th. We were ruthless, took our limited chances.  Thats the difference.

The club knew what they had an extended the deal.  Can't see that changing this season. 

3 minutes ago, ZT_1886 said:

Alexander has to go tonight, don’t care if he recently got a new contract.

Away and stop talking shite we have been utter dross for months and we a still only 1 point off 4th ffs that's how bad the league is this year

6 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Away and stop talking shite we have been utter dross for months and we a still only 1 point off 4th ffs that's how bad the league is this year

I'd be interested to hear how long you'll be willing to watch this style of football, given the manager clearly doesn't have an issue with it.

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

The ref has been bad, but we've been awful. Every one of our players seem to be actively avoiding space.

They had a wee bit of luck for their goal, but it was a good finish once he got control of it. Effords goal reminded me of Dougie's in the 6-2 against hibs, finishing well after fluffing the first attempt.

Wouldnt be surprised if we made 3 changes at the half again.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

what was lucky about the goal, different game, different full back , same shit.

To be fair he did finish it well from odonnels assist 

This group of players need either a kick up the arse, a boost in confidence or shipped out. Non of which are going to happen under this manager. Woolery , lambasted all season for being shite has now become the only spark we have. That shows in itself how far we've fallen. The game screaming out for an injection of creativity and he's too stubborn to acknowledge it until we're down to the last 20 minutes. I like Donnelly but he's a shadow of the player he was under Robinson, O'Donnell has gone into terminal decline and Effort just doesn't offer enough and is easily bullied. Scunnered with this team at present.