Motherwell v Dundee 05/03/2022

SteelmaninOZ

I'm certainly not blaming him for today's result, but the more I see of Woolery the more I think he is lacking footballing skills.

He's definitely fast, as he showed last week. However, put the ball at his feet and he struggles to beat a man. His shooting is generally weak and his crossing is as questionable as his decision making.

With his effort, size and pace I can see why managers might play him, but you just know when he gets the ball inside the box he's going to shoot straight into the defender 4ft in front of him. If we are going to stick with him, I think he's better suited as an impact sub.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Away and stop talking shite we have been utter dross for months and we a still only 1 point off 4th ffs that's how bad the league is this year

Personally I'm no interested in how bad the league is or any of the other 11 teams for that matter. My concern is Motherwell and Motherwell only. Why should my team be shite just because everyone else is? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

This group of players need either a kick up the arse, a boost in confidence or shipped out. Non of which are going to happen under this manager. Woolery , lambasted all season for being shite has now become the only spark we have. That shows in itself how far we've fallen. The game screaming out for an injection of creativity and he's too stubborn to acknowledge it until we're down to the last 20 minutes. I like Donnelly but he's a shadow of the player he was under Robinson, O'Donnell has gone into terminal decline and Effort just doesn't offer enough and is easily bullied. Scunnered with this team at present.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say here but I guess I'd differ in that I don't think we have 'an injection of creativity' and you can't inject what you don't have.  

For that reason I'd give the manager a pass into next season and see if he can fix that issue.  If he can't then there is going to be an issue but I think he's done enough at this point to get the chance.

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say here but I guess I'd differ in that I don't think we have 'an injection of creativity' and you can't inject what you don't have.  

For that reason I'd give the manager a pass into next season and see if he can fix that issue.  If he can't then there is going to be an issue but I think he's done enough at this point to get the chance.

Fair enough maybe I'm confusing creativity with a different approach i.e playing our players that I know can play with the ball at their feet. Wee Tierney for one has shown glimpses when he's had the chance that he wants to run at and commit defenders and was unlucky when he linked up with Van veen near the end today. On a different point I'd take that McMullan off Dundee if he's available should they go down always thought he was a cracking wee player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

We've spent long spells in recent seasons struggling to find creativity.  The period between Nicky Law and David Turnbull wasn't exactly overflowing with imaginative midfielders.

5 minutes ago, weeyin said:

We've spent long spells in recent seasons struggling to find creativity.  The period between Nicky Law and David Turnbull wasn't exactly overflowing with imaginative midfielders.

Well someone imagined Jake Taylor, Lee Lucas and Craig Clay were midfielders but it wasn't necessarily me.

Away and stop talking shite we have been utter dross for months and we a still only 1 point off 4th ffs that's how bad the league is this year

Failing to beat the worst team in the league when they’re depleted and don’t even have a striker making it 10 without a win is acceptable for you? How long will this be acceptable for? 12 games? 15?

1 minute ago, ZT_1886 said:

Failing to beat the worst team in the league when they’re depleted and don’t even have a striker making it 10 without a win is acceptable for you? How long will this be acceptable for? 12 games? 15?

As long as we don’t look in danger of relegation I’m guessing all season.

2 minutes ago, ZT_1886 said:

In the last few games Dundee have beaten Hearts at Tynecastle, lost narrowly at Celtic Park and got a draw against Hibernian.

They are hardly in disastrous form.

As for us, we are on a poor run but we've never lost more than 2 games in a row and there has been 5 draws in the 10.  

We should be performing better but it's hardly a sackable offence.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ZT_1886 said:

The worst team in the league that are still 10 points behind us, another couple of  wins for us ( no feckin idea where they will come from) will see us 4th or 5th and in the Euro places,  no need for panic just yet, so away and wring your pants out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Here he is 

So Alexander's changed his mind about the Ross County performance? I suppose viewing that 90 minutes again was too much, even for him.

Also telling that he constantly talks about both boxes, both ends of the pitch, but never seems to delve into our midfield issues. If he's no keen on these games being scrappy affairs, he could always ditch the hoofball and employ some tactics instead.

If.

6 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

In the last few games Dundee have beaten Hearts at Tynecastle, lost narrowly at Celtic Park and got a draw against Hibernian.

They are hardly in disastrous form.

As for us, we are on a poor run but we've never lost more than 2 games in a row and there has been 5 draws in the 10.  

We should be performing better but it's hardly a sackable offence.  

There is no place on this forum for sensible chat  like that.

54 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

Personally I'm no interested in how bad the league is or any of the other 11 teams for that matter. My concern is Motherwell and Motherwell only. Why should my team be shite just because everyone else is? 

I never said that, all I was pointing out was as crap as we have been there is no need for panic, pant wetting or calling for GA to get punted, this could still turn out to be a good season.

Why do people care what Alexander says in post match interviews, surely we all know it's just a couple of minutes to protect the players and try and keep morale high.

The seethe that comes after every interview is very strange.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Why do people care what Alexander says in post match interviews, surely we all know it's just a couple of minutes to protect the players and try and keep morale high.

I think post match interviews in general are way overrated.

27 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Keep morale high? That's working a treat.