Cup Motherwell v Hibs 13/03/2022

SteelmaninOZ

11 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Possibly the finest Well performance I've ever seen. The team was dead on its feet that night after a flu outbreak. Hibs got what they deserved that night. We asked for a postponement but their Chairman Tom Hart accused us of underhanded tactics and in effect cheating in trying to get the game called off despite having medical evidence.  

Much better put than my response later. Spot on!

13 hours ago, El Grew said:

My favourite Motherwell team. Pat Gardner was a lovely passer of the ball from midfield and could slide well-weighted passes into both inside forward positions where  Davidson, Pettigrew and Graham would invariably be making runs.

This was a really solid side with very few shortcomings.  We could’ve done with a better centre-half as big Willie McVie could be a bit erratic and Bobby Graham could’ve been greedier in front of goal instead of trying to lay off for Willie P. 

Oh and we were cheated out of two Scottish Cup finals on the trot by really dodgy refereeing decisions.

Mine too. The best Well team I've ever seen in the past 60 odd years. It had everything: pace, skil and hardness - just the right mix. 

Hopefully not too much tombola involved in the line-up but Slattery must be picked. He's the only midfielder who comes back looking for the ball and plays passes to players strengths, ie feet. Otherwise we're just going to have to endure 90 or 120 minutes of aerial bombardments and there's enough of that going on in the world. 

1 hour ago, brainier said:

Hopefully not too much tombola involved in the line-up but Slattery must be picked. He's the only midfielder who comes back looking for the ball and plays passes to players strengths, ie feet. Otherwise we're just going to have to endure 90 or 120 minutes of aerial bombardments and there's enough of that going on in the world. 

Check the team lol

6 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Another bizarre one,  woolery on bench despite being out best attacker in recent weeks. Still no slattery is bizarre

The ball over the top for Woolery to run on to is probably our best attacking option but it's also the main reason for all the long balls.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Alexander out. I’m serious. That team is a shocker.

As it is every fucking week. Absolutely sick of it. 

We might get lucky and get away with it but to be picking a team like that for a home game against a team that is struggling just as much as we are is shocking,just when you thought his team selections couldn't get any more mind boggling.

Just now, bobbybingo said:

This is a head on the block team selection. Hope to god it works, but if it doesn't, you'd have a hard job defending Alexander.

That's my thoughts,for me he has fucked up our league campaign since the break by changing the team every week,if we lose today after him picking that team then there is no way he can be defended after it.

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I have no idea how that team lines up but calling for the managers head from a team selection is just the daftest knee jerk reaction you can have in football.

It isn't really as it's his beyond daft team selections every week that are putting us in the shit,he's creating problems by the game before a ball is even kicked.

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I have no idea how that team lines up but calling for the managers head from a team selection is just the daftest knee jerk reaction you can have in football.

We'll see how it goes, but you know fine well people aren't reacting because of one team selection.

• Like 1