Cup Motherwell v Hibs 13/03/2022

SteelmaninOZ

Get McGinlay off and put a right back on to protect that wing. Change Donnelly for a more energetic midfielder. The front three are doing OK considering.

41 minutes ago, mfc said:

It was a yellow card but when we have collum refereeing our games then it was always going to be a red,he's a wank of the highest order,just like craig thomson you know what's coming before the game even starts.

Mugabi should never be playing right midfield -  or his position , he’s a big strong centre half - can’t believe he should ever be in that postponing 

such a stupid , needless challenge . Gave the ref a decision to make . 

4 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Get McGinlay off and put a right back on to protect that wing. Change Donnelly for a more energetic midfielder. The front three are doing OK considering.

Agreed,mcginley could drop a clanger at any minute and donnelly isn't mobile enough to be in a team with 10 men.we need to defend our box better and any opportunities in and around the box we need to be shooting.the first time a hibs player dives into a challenge our player should be going down like they were shot and give that wee fud collum something to think about.

Not a fan of the line up to start with, Mugabi then goes in with a very rash challenge which while it might divide opinion was stupid, yes he was stretching but he did catch Doig who had to go off. Roberts then gives him another decision to make within 5 minutes. The defending has been dreadful all first half, McGinely and Ojala both to blame for the goals and they could well have had more. I’m probably as sick as I’ve been for a good while given the standard of the opposition, they can’t buy a goal but could easily have had four in the first half and that’s down to the manager and players, not the ref.

5 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Mugabi should never be playing right midfield -  or his position , he’s a big strong centre half - can’t believe he should ever be in that postponing 

such a stupid , needless challenge . Gave the ref a decision to make . 

It was borderline for me and a yellow at worst but with that ref in charge,we are always risking a red with tackles like that.i totally agree though it was needless to go in like that in a position on the field where there was no danger to us.

• Like 1

We were always in the game with that hibs defence, and we did well to mitigate the sending off. We should have used our subs earlier though, there were a few that were dead on their feet.

Fuck knows what mugabi was thinking with that challenge, he deserves the Carrol treatment for selling the jerseys. Roberts was lucky, considering who the ref was, but his did look more clumsy than reckless. Jasper should have had a second yellow as well. The thing with their keeper was dumb, lamie waited too long to go down.

Fair play to Donnelly for levelling Jasper late in the second half, he seemed a lot quieter after that. I though he was decent.

I don't expect to see Ojala next season.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

We offer zero as an attacking team. 

Had Mugabi stayed on I don't believe anything would have beeb different. 

Our style of play disgusts me, very hard to watch and other than having badly time challenges offered little in entertainment. 

We have some decent (fish) footballers who simply don't get a game.  I've had more than enough of the GA regime. 

Hard lines. Who knows how it would have panned out if wasn’t for the red card which was the right decision. We rightly went out with a plan to be aggressive but Mugabi, and Roberts by the looks of it, went too far. 

Nevertheless, there was enough about hat performance to give me confidence that we can still finish the season well. I was pleased to see Donnelly respond so well to the recent criticism. At the other end of he scale though, McGinley was weak and Ojala looks more and more a liability each week. 

8 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

We were always in the game with that hibs defence, and we did well to mitigate the sending off. We should have used our subs earlier though, there were a few that were dead on their feet.

I don't expect to see Ojala next season.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Don’t expect to see a lot of them next season GA included 

If you can’t defend and you can’t score goals then you will lose more than you will win. That is why we haven’t won a league match in 2022 and are out of the Scottish Cup.

Yes, having a player red carded inside the first sixty seconds hampered us, but that doesn’t excuse our defending for both goals, our inability to create/score chances and our managers refusal to change things when it was badly needed. Again!

On a positive note today Cornelius was superb and Donnelly actually had one of his better games for us in a long while.

• Like 2