St Johnstone V Motherwell 19/03/2022

Kmcalpin

Time to put yesterday's debacle behind us and look forward to next Saturday. Still plenty to play for in the league. We can still make top 6 or be drawn into the relegation dogfight.

St Johnstone will prove a very tough nut to crack and I'm not sure if its a must win game or a must not lose one. Either way we'll do well to take a point.

We could really be doing with winning our first league match this year, that should be our main focus to halt this wretched run.

Cornelius needs to start, as does Slattery but who knows what team will be picked. 

No doubt our lovely black away kit will get an outing for this one too.

Aberdeen vs Hibs, Ross County away to Celtic, Livi away at Tynecastle, and St Mirren & Dundee Utd playing each other. An extremely favourable set of fixtures that could see us easily in 4th place by the end of the day.

Kelly

S'OD

Sondre

Lamie

McGinley (abysmal in the first half vs Hibs but much improved 2nd half)

Cornelius

Donnelly

CALLUM FUCKING SLATTERY

Woolery

KVV

Roberts

Harsh on Efford but Roberts was excellent on Sunday and Woolery has to start for me.

That's not a bad team, unfortunately Alexander will pick nothing close to our strongest XI, Slattery will continue to pick splinters out his arse and we'll get a draw at best.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Aberdeen vs Hibs, Ross County away to Celtic, Livi away at Tynecastle, and St Mirren & Dundee Utd playing each other. An extremely favourable set of fixtures that could see us easily in 4th place by the end of the day.

Kelly

S'OD

Sondre

Lamie

Cornelius

Donnelly

CALLUM FUCKING SLATTERY

Woolery

KVV

Roberts

Harsh on Efford but Roberts was excellent on Sunday and Woolery has to start for me.

That's not a bad team, unfortunately Alexander will pick nothing close to our strongest XI, Slattery will continue to pick splinters out his arse and we'll get a draw at best.

I don't think you'll be too far off the mark with that selection, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play Goss instead of Slattery and I'm sure he'll pick Efford as he has scored 2 from 2 in the last few games.

It'll be a tough game, I know St Johnstone are desperate for points and with Dundee in action against Rangers I'm sure they'll see this as a must win as it would likely give them a nice 4 point cushion. Hopefully we can get a result here and enjoy a solid run up until the spilt, it's quite sad to think even a handful of wins in our keech run would have seen as sitting pretty. St J have plenty new additions since we last played them in December including Ciftci who is still searching for his first goal for them.

5 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Kelly

S'OD

Sondre

Lamie

Cornelius

Donnelly

CALLUM FUCKING SLATTERY

Woolery

KVV

Roberts

Happy with that line up though I suspect Goss will start ahead of Slattery.   Amount of goals caused by left back area is massive concern but mcginley gets nod ahead of Carroll.  I hope cornelius gets a run of games,  bizarre how he was picked for OF games then disappears for 5 games.  Him and donnelly put in great shift yesterday 

6 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Kelly

S'OD

Sondre

Lamie

Cornelius

Donnelly

CALLUM FUCKING SLATTERY

Woolery

KVV

Roberts

Yes, huge game for us and I’d say “must win” if we want to challenge for 4th. A win also improves the mood for the last 2 games which are very likely also must win games. 

1 hour ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Don't mean to be a pedantic arsehole, but at the risk of being a pedantic arsehole, the title of the thread has this game as 19th February.

Sorry, carry on...

Apologies, my error. Maybe an Admin can correct it?

• Like 1

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to St Johnstone V Motherwell 19/03/2022