St Johnstone V Motherwell 19/03/2022

Kmcalpin

1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

David Munro to referee and the last time he refereed our game was at Tynecastle and gave Hearts 2 penalties and gave us a big fat 0 to make matters worse he is  backed up by John Beaton as fourth official, what a combination!

Better just make sure we score a few from open play without relying on their opinions, then. Works for me :) 

1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

David Munro to referee and the last time he refereed our game was at Tynecastle and gave Hearts 2 penalties and gave us a big fat 0 to make matters worse he is  backed up by John Beaton as fourth official, what a combination!

There are no good refs in Scotland so every game is guaranteed to have a shite combo of ref and 4th official, you just hope you get one not so far Down the shit scale as colum and madden.

2 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

His last 3 Well games - 2-0 defeat at Hearts (gave Hearts 2 penalties), 3-2 defeat to Hibs on opening day (winner a penalty given for handball against SOD), Hamilton 4-1 defeat at Fir Park last season (SOD sent off conceding an early penalty).

2 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

His last 3 Well games - 2-0 defeat at Hearts (gave Hearts 2 penalties), 3-2 defeat to Hibs on opening day (winner a penalty given for handball against SOD), Hamilton 4-1 defeat at Fir Park last season (SOD sent off conceding an early penalty).

Great the excuses start even before the game ……. Blame the ref.   

Our bad run has to end sme time but I have doubt that it will be with this fixture. St Johnstone are in deep trouble and their need for the points should be all the motivation they need. If they lose, they will have very little chance of catching us. Right now, I'd take a point.

1 hour ago, The African said:

Our bad run has to end sme time but I have doubt that it will be with this fixture. St Johnstone are in deep trouble and their need for the points should be all the motivation they need. If they lose, they will have very little chance of catching us. Right now, I'd take a point.

We really need to be looking at 3 points in these games, we need to start winning games again sooner than later and I can’t see a better opportunity than this.

3 hours ago, The African said:

Pretty much my view. A start would be to avoid any red cards as we've picked up quite a few (some justifiable and some not) at Perth in recent years.  I'd be delighted with a draw, but 3 points are up for grabs. 

For as poor as st johnstone have been this season I'm not overly confident we will get anything from this game.i think it'll be a dire game won by a goal to nil,I just hope it's us that gets it as our top 6 hopes will pretty much go if we don't get a result here.

7 hours ago, The African said:

St Johnstone are in deep trouble and their need for the points should be all the motivation they need. If they lose, they will have very little chance of catching us.

Unless St Johnstone go on a winning streak unlike anything they've done this season so far there's no chance they catch us.

16 hours ago, Ped_MFC said:

Sounds like there's a common denominator. 

I think we need to get 3 points. For me 1 point is much the same as 0 points in that 1 point probably means bottom 6. Although having said that there would still be 2 games to play but if you can’t beat St Johnstone what’s the chances of us picking up 6 points against St Mirren and Livi?

15 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I hope not, 1 point is no feckin good we need all 3 one win in our last 10 games is a shocking run of form, it needs to end tomorrow. 

Spot on and especially when you see the other fixtures for tomorrow then 3 points is a must as that could see us jump back into 4th spot,we have to use that as a massive insentive and get our season back on track.alexander needs to settle on a starting 11 and get us into the top 6 at a minimum.

58 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Not only could he talk it, he could sign it. Watching relegation threatened Dunfermline playing with a few of Robinsons diddies trying to get them out the mire. As I said, be careful what you wish for, some on here wanted Big Yogi :O:O

No me , I wanted wee Boo Boo .