St Johnstone V Motherwell 19/03/2022

Kmcalpin

St Johnstone are desperate for the points, obviously, but we should be too. If this game means more to their players than ours, the season's already over. No more talking about trying to win every game, Alexander's got to take some risks and go for it now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Just for once I'd like us to start a game full thunder and try to get the first goal and put pressure on the opposition to open up a bit and make the game at least mildly entertaining for the fans.

We done that when we beat hearts 2-0,  that is why I have found past few months with way GA has set us up bewildering 

FFS.....a variation on last weeks tombola team selection....2 in the mid field, all the strikers having to play on the half way line cause we have no midfield.

** Usual disclaimer about all my predictions always being wrong still applies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

What is Alexander seeing from Ojala to justify his selection?

I thought ojala looked class earlier in the season,the game we won at pittodrie in particular,he was outstanding that day.hes looked miles off the pace since coming back into the team though,he doesn't even look fit but alexander keeps picking him.i would rather he had dropped out and we went with another midfielder today. 

23 minutes ago, mfc said:

I thought ojala looked class earlier in the season,the game we won at pittodrie in particular,he was outstanding that day.hes looked miles off the pace since coming back into the team though,he doesn't even look fit but alexander keeps picking him.i would rather he had dropped out and we went with another midfielder today. 

I can see why Alexander signed him, though it does look like another case of getting a decent player who's injury prone. When he was attempting to chase back at Hibs' second last week, he looked like a guy waiting on a hip replacement. Any manager watching that is gonnae target him all day. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks more than just rustiness.

28 minutes ago, Well Well said:

I am 100% behind Alexander but this chopping and changing has me mystified. What is he trying to do? If anyone can explain I would be extremely grateful. I am at a complete loss. :dontknow:

McGinlay and Roberts not on the bench, assuming they are injured. Mugabi is suspended. That's the only three changes from last week. So you can't actually accuse him of chopping and changing this week..

Whether he should have stuck.with most of the team from last week is a different question...

1 minute ago, MelvinBragg said:

McGinlay and Roberts not on the bench, assuming they are injured. Mugabi is suspended. That's the only three changes from last week. So you can't actually accuse him of chopping and changing this week..

Whether he should have stuck.with most of the team from last week is a different question...

I think McGinlay is suspended.