St Johnstone V Motherwell 19/03/2022

Kmcalpin

We have players like Slattery, Goss, Shaw, Tierney - who can all play , pass and would get a game for most teams - but clearly not in the plans for an anti entertainment regime. 

Very similar to Mcghee. Gannon in terms of arrogance.  When winning it was hard to accept - might as well wait til the end of season before making a decision.  

We don't need to be world beaters, just get the basics right please. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

A terribly result, 12 months as the most successful manager outside of the old firm and an extended contract, everything looking rosy. For the life of me I can’t understand why the wheels have come off in such a spectacular way, we look to have gone from cruising along quite nicely to the worst team in the league, constant chopping and changing, terrible football, with no real change in sight. How can losing one player in Watt make such a difference.  I don’t like management changes and think he should see the season out and be given a chance to turn it around but I’m guessing I’m pretty much on my own a little like Robinson.

Yorky - appreciate results were good but I've not enjoyed many games.  Early pre season was worrying with lower league clubs showing us up.  We someone managed to get points on the board , taking the little chance we made. -but at no time have we looked a good team.   

I don't believe it's all about Watt - albeit he was class and the fact he wanted to leave tells its own story about the current regime. 

Just now, wellsince75 said:

Yorky - appreciate results were good but I've not enjoyed many games.  Early pre season was worrying with lower league clubs showing us up.  We someone managed to get points on the board , taking the little chance we made. -but at no time have we looked a good team.   

I don't believe it's all about Watt - albeit he was class and the fact he wanted to leave tells its own story about the current regime. 

Yes the football has never been that great in truth, will the board pull the trigger and go for someone like Ross ? I have my doubts but I guess it depends on the pressure from the fanbase.

Losing watt was always going to be a big blow but that doesn't mean the manager has to chop and change the team every week and be happy watching his team play hoof ball for 90 minutes,watt can't be used as an excuse,alexander has made a cunt of it since the break and ruined what could have been a very good season.

I'm imagining...if the manager goes and to another SPL team, ex 'Well is then managing almost half the league. I'm wondering...if all our ex-managers are out there, can we avoid the drop if we dig up my granny from Arbles Road cemetery, will we have half a chance???

3 minutes ago, ppower said:

Win our next match. Are you on drugs.

He has been getting chance after chance to redeem himself and lord knows how but still has a chance to get us in top 6 at the split. However I see nothing to suggest that we can win either of our next two ( or more ) fixtures

Just now, MelvinBragg said:

We're in a relegation battle that we're ill equipped for. Can easily see us finishing in the relegation playoff spot. And I wouldn't fancy us to get a result in those playoffs...

That thought gives me the fear,imagine a wet and windy trip arbroath in the play offs,our lot would shite themselves.

1 minute ago, texanwellfan said:

He has been getting chance after chance to redeem himself and lord knows how but still has a chance to get us in top 6 at the split. However I see nothing to suggest that we can win either of our next two ( or more ) fixtures

100%. Robinson will do a job at St Mirren and I fully expect them to make light work of us next game.

This top six myth is killing us, we're in free fall and kidding ourselves on. While it is still mathematically unlikely to finish 11, we look like a team that could defy those odds spectacularly.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that he has completely lost the dressing room. Surely he must look at himself, he says that he studies the game and we are doing so much right its just small margins. IMO we have only played 1 good game under Alexander that was against Hearts at home.

Where did it all go wrong i don't think it is all down to losing Tony Watt. we play no football but never have under Alexander. I would be happy see us just play a passing attractive game, if we lose then its at least better than this.

12 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

I'm reflecting...how can a tea that did so well before Christmas get so bad after?  I'm thinking...I wonder how long it will be before the lads clamour for the manager's head???

Because we weren’t really doing that well before Christmas. We were pretty dismal to watch then as well but the difference was we had Tony Watt who could grab goals at crucial times to get us out of jail. That we haven’t won since he left tells you all you need to know.

6 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

We're in a relegation battle that we're ill equipped for. Can easily see us finishing in the relegation playoff spot. And I wouldn't fancy us to get a result in those playoffs...

You honestly think one of the bottom two will finish above us ?

17 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

No, he won't be booted. But do you think he should be, if we don't win our next game?

We get 6 points from the next two games we are likely to have a Top 6 finish.

Anything before these next two games is premature.

If we lose both with poor performances it probably comes down to our performances in the last 5 fixtures and how much support Alexander has behind the scenes.

Personally I don't see Alexander going anywhere before the end of the season.

The run of results isn't good enough but the constant revolving door of players and managers is also a huge problem.

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

We get 6 points from the next two games we are likely to have a Top 6 finish.

Anything before these next two games is premature.

If we lose both with poor performances it probably comes down to our performances in the last 5 fixtures and how much support Alexander has behind the scenes.

Personally I don't see Alexander going anywhere before the end of the season.

The run of results isn't good enough but the constant revolving door of players and managers is also a huge problem also.

The only issue is with GA’s hoof ball, we aren’t taking six points, more like possibly 1 point from six.