St Johnstone V Motherwell 19/03/2022

Kmcalpin

Most managers don't have a Plan B or Plan C to change to, but we don't even seem to have a Plan A. 

It's like watching childrens' football where the ball is just punted up the field and everyone chases after it.

To me, the most frustrating thing is the lack of a settled starting 11. I'm beginning to wonder if the reason we don't see the drum for the half time draw anymore is because it's now being used by the manager to pick the team each week.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

You honestly think one of the bottom two will finish above us ?

I think it's possible. St Johnstone would need to win three games and for us not to pick up a point. The second part of that is entirely believable right now. Not creating chances, not defending properly...

5 minutes ago, StirlingDosser said:

I don't rate KVV. His ability to finish is absolutely woeful. A major part of the problem.

KVV is a striker. Strikers have to have good balls played to them in scoring positions.  KVV, Efford and Shields are playing this new '2 in midfield'  formation that the manager has come up with on the half way line. In fact, today Efford spend a while clearing up in the left back position (like Tony Watt did early in the season). It doesn't matter if you have the best striker in the world playing for you. If you only ever punt the ball over his head or give him the ball on the half way line, he's not going to score.

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

We get 6 points from the next two games we are likely to have a Top 6 finish.

Anything before these next two games is premature.

If we lose both with poor performances it probably comes down to our performances in the last 5 fixtures and how much support Alexander has behind the scenes.

Personally I don't see Alexander going anywhere before the end of the season.

The run of results isn't good enough but the constant revolving door of players and managers is also a huge problem also.

Giving managers time is a nice idea, but Alexander's set his stall out: he's more interested in results than performances and has no interest in changing our style. Same thing's happened at his previous clubs - decent results, but crap football that gets him the bullet as soon as the points stop coming in. Nobody, anywhere, wants to watch that excuse for football we've been enjoying for most of the season. God forbid we actually got into Europe, though that isn't gonnae happen.

• Like 3

Somebody mentioned GA and small margins earlier I’ll give him that. Our one hit the post they scored ….BUT…..  it’s his job to make it big margins in our favour.  He is persisting with schoolboy football and failing game after game. In this league right now if you can produce even a little bit of football with a decent forward or two you are going to beat most teams. He’s not even tried to play football. At best his “tactics” are a 50/50 toss up whether we win or not.  He gambling on the small margins going in our favour. Gues what GA they are not going in our favour, try some football ! 

On to a looser as soon as we let out best player ,goal scorer and playmaker go at New Year . What were we all expecting a goals avalanche. Getting what we deserved not bringing in a quality replacement.Shouldn’t have let him go before one was in place.

24 minutes ago, Heisenboab said:

As much as we all like Lasley, he should be nowhere near the top job. 

100% this. Lasley is a club legend but giving him the managers job would ensure ‘same old, same old’ that we’ve seen over the past few years.

A drastic change is needed at the club, not just in the dugout.

Didn’t mean give him the job, I think I could pick a better consistent 11 until the end of the season, I just mean get consistency until season is over then look for new manager, as big clear out is needed, a lot of these players have no heart and less ability…

9 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

Didn’t mean give him the job, I think I could pick a better consistent 11 until the end of the season, I just mean get consistency until season is over then look for new manager, as big clear out is needed, a lot of these players have no heart and less ability…

I see where you are coming from and there is some merit in that, but in the long term it would be detrimental to us because as long as we weren’t relegated he would almost certainly be given the job on a permanent basis. And that really isn’t what we need right now.

Pardon the cliché but we need a ‘new broom’ to come in.

1 hour ago, ppower said:

He has been sacked from all his last managerial posts and we are stuck with him until 2025.

I think if we lost to st mirren , next game, he would have to think about his future. 

When the crowd have turned against you  , it is difficult to keep going.

I usually back our managers but the football is horrible,  the midfield needs a hand .

Again we have list 2 goals from wide areas, I keep saying it, our full backs are lower league players.

• Like 1