New kit for 2022/2023???

SteelmaninOZ

4 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Are we due a new home and away kit?

I had to look this one up (on the historical kits site), but it looks like the last time we kept a home kit for more than one season was  the 2011 - 2013 Puma.

Likewise, it seems the last time we kept an away kit for more than one season was the 2004 - 2006 Xara.

(I bet underboyleheating would have known this without looking it up. This is definitely his field of expertise).

Not a huge fan of our current away kit, but perhaps it is time to acknowledge the possible financial restrictions on fans over these difficult times and keep our kits current for more than a single season? Longer term, I like the idea of having three kits, of which we change one every season, although I understand that changes to kit suppliers and sponsors may make this untenable. I would suggest that our first choice kit remain the traditional amber with the claret hoop/band, our alternate kits would comprise a mainly white kit, my favourite and great under floodlights, and a further kit in all claret ( though the only all claret kit I have liked was the short-lived Canterbury effort) alternating with a different colour scheme every three years.

I’d like to see us keep our current home kit for another season (assuming we are staying with Macron?). It’s a nice kit and as has been said in these tough financial times asking fans to fork out for a new set of kits every single year is pretty steep.

I’d imagine we will change the away kit or at least bring out another change kit. I’d like to see another mostly white effort, similar to 19/20 which was our best change kit in recent years.

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

It’s a nice kit and as has been said in these tough financial times asking fans to fork out for a new set of kits every single year is pretty steep.

No one is forced to buy the new kit every season. I think a kit refresh per season is the going rate now, for most clubs. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, David said:

No one is forced to buy the new kit every season. I think a kit refresh per season is the going rate now, for most clubs. 

No one is forced to buy it but nonetheless the club/kit maker want people to buy it and indeed they know that people will buy it if a new kit is released.

There are people who like to buy every kit so as to have the most up to date version, or to put money into the club, or just because they want to. People who have young kids who want the latest kit and will buy it for them every time a new one is released. 

You’re right it is the going rate it seems for most clubs to have a new kit every single year and perhaps that’s part of the contract with the kit maker, I don’t know. I’d just like to see us keep the current home kit for another year if it was possible.

23 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

No one is forced to buy it but nonetheless the club/kit maker want people to buy it and indeed they know that people will buy it if a new kit is released.

There are people who like to buy every kit so as to have the most up to date version, or to put money into the club, or just because they want to. People who have young kids who want the latest kit and will buy it for them every time a new one is released. 

You’re right it is the going rate it seems for most clubs to have a new kit every single year and perhaps that’s part of the contract with the kit maker, I don’t know. I’d just like to see us keep the current home kit for another year if it was possible.

If people want to buy a new kit then fair play, batter in. But if they don't, they don't have to. And if they collect the shirts like I do, more than actually buy them to wear, you just buy them when they're down in price at the end of the season.

I used to be against clubs bringing out new kit every year but lets be honest, in the current climate it's one of the most exciting aspects of the season.

I was thinking the other day, how would fans feel about a home kit that reversed our colours - ie, predominately claret with amber detail.

I might not be against it if the design was right and it was just for a season.  It'd be something a bit different.

6 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I used to be against clubs bringing out new kit every year but lets be honest, in the current climate it's one of the most exciting aspects of the season.

I was thinking the other day, how would fans feel about a home kit that reversed our colours - ie, predominately claret with amber detail.

I might not be against it if the design was right and it was just for a season.  It'd be something a bit different.

Like the one worn in the Summer Cup Final against Dundee United in 1965?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The new bespoke training  gear for the first time in C&A………..wonder what Macron will give us for our new kits ?????

A hoop/ban/sash…….stripes as per the pre hoop 1924-28……..or a bland hoop less early 70’s
Spittal-site-graphic-blur_790x500_acf_cr

See  our brothers in C&A haven’t opted for our bespoke C&A training gear……….looks like the same design template 

Large

That training top is cracking, a must have when it’s released.

As for the new kit I have a feeling we’ll sadly be seeing a return of white shorts after a season without them. Over the past four/five years we have tended to alternate between claret shorts one season and white ones the next and I expect that trend to continue.

3 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

That training top is cracking, a must have when it’s released.

As for the new kit I have a feeling we’ll sadly be seeing a return of white shorts after a season without them. Over the past four/five years we have tended to alternate between claret shorts one season and white ones the next and I expect that trend to continue.

Yip and it could be all amber top, shorts and socks with claret and white trim. 

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I like the C&A training top, but the design on the sleeves gives me the fear that we'll see a first team shirt with "that" template

9fb45443e2777bfa702a359c64c43102.png

I actually think in proper claret & amber that could be quite smart!

Not one I would want to buy myself, but I think the team would look good wearing it and the youngsters will go mad for it.