New kit for 2022/2023???

SteelmaninOZ

Designers got there money for feck all work with that design, an unashamed copy of a nearly 40 year old strip, a distinct lack of creative input.

I don't buy any replica kit anymore but for me it's not a good design a bit too retro, but I am sure others will love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Designers got there money for feck all work with that design, an unashamed copy of a nearly 40 year old strip, a distinct lack of creative input.

I don't buy any replica kit anymore but for me it's not a good design a bit too retro, but I am sure others will love it.

:lol: What creativity do you need for a ‘Throwback kit’ as the club have marketed it as?

I get why folk might not like it or are into retro kits but for me I think it’s brilliant. I was 8 when that came out and I had the full kit which I wore to death, as soon as I saw it On Twitter I just thought of me as a wean playing down the park with all the other kids wearing rangers tops and a few aberdeen ones thrown in. Proper nostalgia trip for me. Love it 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Awful. Far too much claret and not enough Amber. 

At least our ‘Jester’ kit of 96-98 gave us an equal measure of both our home colours.

Easily our worst home kit in years. :(

And yet the shirt on your chosen avatar is approximately 95% claret.

• Like 1

As long as we don't turn in the levels of performance as the throwback team that wore it, I'll be happy.
Those Jock Wallace/Bobby Watson seasons were not our finest,

That’s a complete understatement - they were god awful. Thanks MFC for resurrecting memories I’ve worked hard to erase for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, weeyin said:

As long as we don't turn in the levels of performance as the throwback team that wore it, I'll be happy.

Those Jock Wallace/Bobby Watson seasons were not our finest,

As long as Alexander doesn’t do a Wallace and  go out on the first day of the season and clap all the rangers support and ignore the motherwell fans !! Never forget that, even as a kid I thought that was out of order.

If I was to he picky about the new kit it be the placement of the badge don't like it .I would have went full copy badge in the middle.

I am waiting in some decent training gear kinda annoys me that we hardly ever have gear in our colours not too into the black .Really want a decent well colours track top.

48 minutes ago, mio said:

I get why folk might not like it or are into retro kits but for me I think it’s brilliant. I was 8 when that came out and I had the full kit which I wore to death, as soon as I saw it On Twitter I just thought of me as a wean playing down the park with all the other kids wearing rangers tops and a few aberdeen ones thrown in. Proper nostalgia trip for me. Love it 

I’m with you Mio, this was my first strip and I god damn loved it .   

it’s a belter and delighted to have something a bit different from the norm . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

:lol: What creativity do you need for a ‘Throwback kit’ as the club have marketed it as?

Creativity is what designers are paid for, I am sure the "new kit template" is costing the club a fair wedge of cash to produce,, and all they have done is Google  Motherwell old strips, copied the drawing moved the club badge over a bit and went to AB and said there you go, very good lucrative work if you can get away with it. 

2 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

Awful. Far too much claret and not enough Amber. 

At least our ‘Jester’ kit of 96-98 gave us an equal measure of both our home colours.

Easily our worst home kit in years. :(

I think it's an instant classic. throwback to beating Rangers and Celtic at New year in that strip, Gary Mac, Andy Dornan, Stuart Rafferty et al.
Easily our best home kit for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelman1991 said:

That’s a complete understatement - they were god awful. Thanks MFC for resurrecting memories I’ve worked hard to erase for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd Jan Premier League Rangers Fir Park 3-0

15th Jan Premier League Celtic Fir Park 2-1

I'll take both those results again please.

28 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Creativity is what designers are paid for, I am sure the "new kit template" is costing the club a fair wedge of cash to produce,, and all they have done is Google  Motherwell old strips, copied the drawing moved the club badge over a bit and went to AB and said there you go, very good lucrative work if you can get away with it. 

:lol: That just isn’t true.

You’re not getting the ‘throwback’ element of the remit/design.

1 hour ago, mio said:

As long as Alexander doesn’t do a Wallace and  go out on the first day of the season and clap all the rangers support and ignore the motherwell fans !! Never forget that, even as a kid I thought that was out of order.

Davie Hay still gets the blame in our household for foisting Wallace upon us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Davie Hay still gets the blame in our household for foisting Wallace upon us.

And the job in the US he left us for fell through didn't it?

I seem to recall Wallace pushing Willie Irvine out the door because he didn't like his attitude - so he took his attitude to Hibs and became the SPL top scorer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I seem to recall Wallace pushing Willie Irvine out the door because he didn't like his attitude - so he took his attitude to Hibs and became the SPL top scorer.

Did he no get a few other players oot the door? Never liked the ex Sargent of KOSB and former Berwick Rangers goalie. 

21 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Was it not he didn't have the correct paperwork and got turned back?

On first glance it looks great but there are some aspects where the lack of attention to detail just irritates me.  
Why isn’t the side amber panel on the shirt the same width as shorts?

Why the need for two macron logos on the shorts?
And the collar amber strips.  Either do it with multiple stripes like the ‘82 or a wider band.  As it is it looks like the collar design print from a completely different kit body.  
Will have to wait to see how the ‘fade’ between front panels looks irl but unnecessary fussiness for me.  

2733CDF8-46A3-453A-9CE0-D3C6572E7855.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Was it not he didn't have the correct paperwork and got turned back?

That sounds about right. Although it would have been his US employers that needed to provide the paperwork, so they couldn't have been that concerned about it or they would have fixed it - unless he was a member of the Communist Party, a terrorist or a war criminal.